20 Sep 2004 06:12:27
Bridget Newsome
Can girls play too?

Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?

20 Sep 2004 06:45:51
Rick Scott
Re: Can girls play too?

(Bridget Newsome <spammenot@argh.com > uttered:)
> Or is this sport only for you manco guy types?

Not at all. You'll find young `macho guy types', women of all ages,
and decrepit old fogeys playing paintball, amongst others.

> It looks fun?

They don't call it 68 caliber crack for nothing. =)

> Do a good number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?

It really varies from field to field. Some places have very few
female players, and you may very well be the only one in a given game.
Others have more; I've seen some where women comprised about 30% of the
regulars. Some also sponsor `women-only' weekends, either monthly or
a few times a year.

My advice is to try to get a group of your friends together (mixed or
women-only, as you prefer) for your first time out. It's more fun
when you're playing with people you know, and, if you're all new to
the sport, you'll all be happily bumbling along and learning the ropes
together. =)

Welcome to rec.sport.paintball. Here are a few links to get you
reading:

More links about female paintball players:
http://paintball.about.com/od/womenplayers/

Durty Dan's site -- great resource for a beginner, especially because
it deals a lot with the history of the sport:
http://durtydan.paintballresource.org/

Web Dog Radio -- Tyger's site -- lots of tips and useful info here,
in full-motion video no less!
http://www.webdogradio.us/

World And Regional Paintball Information Guide -- lots of general info:
http://www.warpig.com/

Cheers,
Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
The qualities that a given period calls beautiful in women are merely

20 Sep 2004 02:41:22
Jeff Goslin
Re: Can girls play too?

"Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org > wrote in message
> They don't call it 68 caliber crack for nothing. =)

How many MORE of my lines are you going to steal? ;)

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Rick Scott
Re: Can girls play too?

(Jeff Goslin <autockr@comcast.net > uttered:)
> "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
>> They don't call it 68 caliber crack for nothing. =)
^
(tm)

> How many MORE of my lines are you going to steal? ;)

That depends, how many more ya got? =)

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
Language is a tailor's shop where nothing fits.

21 Sep 2004 01:44:23
Kenner Costen, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
Re: Can girls play too?

Get a current copy of P2P magazine and see sme of the pics of female
players.

Actually women make great players. Damn vindictive at times too....

"Bridget Newsome" <spammenot@argh.com > wrote in message
> Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
> number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?

21 Sep 2004 07:07:51
Mike Smith
Re: Can girls play too?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:12:27 GMT, Bridget Newsome <spammenot@argh.com >
wrote:

>Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
>number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?

You should have been at Shatnerball III.

Here's some pictures:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151631

Mike Smith

21 Sep 2004 14:22:13
Insane Ranter
Re: Can girls play too?

"Mike Smith" <mws@wt.net > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:12:27 GMT, Bridget Newsome <spammenot@argh.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
> >number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?
>
> You should have been at Shatnerball III.
>
> Here's some pictures:
> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151631
>
> Mike Smith

Look at all the old middle agers trying to rock the craddle!! LOL

21 Sep 2004 18:25:28
Bruce Chang
Re: Can girls play too?

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me > wrote in message

> "Mike Smith" <mws@wt.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:12:27 GMT, Bridget Newsome <spammenot@argh.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
> > >number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?
> >
> > You should have been at Shatnerball III.
> >
> > Here's some pictures:
> > http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151631
> >
> > Mike Smith
>
> Look at all the old middle agers trying to rock the craddle!! LOL

Maybe it's the girls trying to rob the grave =oO

21 Sep 2004 14:51:13
Insane Ranter
Re: Can girls play too?

"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message

> "Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mike Smith" <mws@wt.net> wrote in message

> > > You should have been at Shatnerball III.
> > >
> > > Here's some pictures:
> > > http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151631
> > >
> > > Mike Smith
> >
> > Look at all the old middle agers trying to rock the craddle!! LOL
> >

> Maybe it's the girls trying to rob the grave =oO

Either way as long as they be 16 here they is ok!

26 Sep 2004 19:26:24
Ayar

> (Jeff Goslin <autockr@comcast.net> uttered:)
>> "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
>>> They don't call it 68 caliber crack for nothing. =)
> ^
> (tm)
>
>> How many MORE of my lines are you going to steal? ;)
>
> That depends, how many more ya got? =)

"He who steals from me steals twice".

27 Sep 2004 21:52:52
Bruce Chang
Re: Can girls play too?

We have a girl that plays and she's hardcore.

Her emails say "Please invite anyone and everyone...youth to grown adults. I
don't take pity on age...you are as good as marked in my book when my
adrenaline kicks in."

She'll hold her own out there and then giggle when she marks you up. Don't
ever underestimate someone because of their gender.

-Bruce

"Bridget Newsome" <spammenot@argh.com > wrote in message
> Or is this sport only for you manco guy types? It looks fun? Do a good
> number woman play? Or will I be the only one out there?

28 Sep 2004 10:56:10

> We have a girl that plays and she's hardcore.
>
> Her emails say "Please invite anyone and everyone...youth to grown adults.
> don't take pity on age...you are as good as marked in my book when my
> adrenaline kicks in."
>
> She'll hold her own out there and then giggle when she marks you up.
Don't
> ever underestimate someone because of their gender.

I rather face an entire team of men than women.... and if you're making a
being combined out of alien DNA and human DNA for kicks and giggles please
make it male.

29 Sep 2004 15:25:22

> "Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net> wrote in message
>> We have a girl that plays and she's hardcore.
>>
>> Her emails say "Please invite anyone and everyone...youth to grown
>> adults.
>> don't take pity on age...you are as good as marked in my book when my
>> adrenaline kicks in."
>>
>> She'll hold her own out there and then giggle when she marks you up.
> Don't
>> ever underestimate someone because of their gender.
>>

> I rather face an entire team of men than women.... and if you're making a
> being combined out of alien DNA and human DNA for kicks and giggles please
> make it male.

Do aliens have DNA? Do aliens have a gender? IR, I think you're making
some mighty big assumptions here.. I think I'd rather face an entire team
of men than a team of human/alien hybrid women. =oS

29 Sep 2004 15:41:15

> "Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net> wrote in message
> >> We have a girl that plays and she's hardcore.
> >>
> >> Her emails say "Please invite anyone and everyone...youth to grown
> >> adults.
> >> don't take pity on age...you are as good as marked in my book when my
> >> adrenaline kicks in."
> >>
> >> She'll hold her own out there and then giggle when she marks you up.
> > Don't
> >> ever underestimate someone because of their gender.
> >>

> > I rather face an entire team of men than women.... and if you're making
> > being combined out of alien DNA and human DNA for kicks and giggles
please
> > make it male.
> >

> Do aliens have DNA? Do aliens have a gender? IR, I think you're making
> some mighty big assumptions here.. I think I'd rather face an entire team
> of men than a team of human/alien hybrid women. =oS

The DNA thing was in reference to the Species set of movies and the "We
decided to make it female so it would be more docile and
controllable......More docile and controllable, eh? You guys don't get out
much." quote.