31 Dec 2005 17:16:56
Nick
Bought my marker!

I just wanted to say that I bought myself a Tippman 98 Custom. The guy in
the shop gave me a good deal on it and i preferred the feel of it to the
other markers. Also I was told that the other electric markers I liked
probably would not be allowed on public sites as it would be too good...
anyway...Yay!

31 Dec 2005 20:24:50
unforgiven 33
Re: Bought my marker!

i owned a tippman 98 custom till i traded it to my brother. it was a
very good gun/marker. i luved it. i have a tippman pro-lite now and even
though it is about a decade old, it is still great.

with the 98 you can upgrade and modify ssoooo many ways too

01 Jan 2006 02:08:15
Guppzor
Re: Bought my marker!

Now you just prepare yourself for the usual "your marker is crap, you
should have bought a <insert latest, greatest, and most expensive
tourney marker set-up known to mankind >" that most of the twibs will go
on about. It's a bit like buying the latest and greatest computer with
all the bells and whistles just to write a letter or two every now and
then. Yeah it may seem cool and all, but at the end of the day, it is
just a waste.

I say congratulations. I got my 98 Custom a month or so ago, and have
had a lot of fun with it. My main reasons for getting a 98 Custom are
that the field I play at only really plays rec/bush ball, and pretty
much everyone that goes there uses rentals (Pro Carbines and 98
Customs). I didn't think it would be very fair on the others if I had
anything that was too different (I may end up going to an A5 in the
future). Another big reason was that this is my first marker. Because of
this I wanted something rugged, and easy to pull apart and fix, and if I
run into trouble, I know that I can get some help at the local field.

I'm sure that your new marker will bring you a ton of fun :)

Nick wrote:
> I just wanted to say that I bought myself a Tippman 98 Custom. The guy in
> the shop gave me a good deal on it and i preferred the feel of it to the
> other markers. Also I was told that the other electric markers I liked
> probably would not be allowed on public sites as it would be too good...
> anyway...Yay!

01 Jan 2006 11:02:35
Nick
Re: Bought my marker!

I cant agree more, the promise of upgrading it and being able to get help it
if locally if something goes wrong is good.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

"Guppzor" <guppzor@nospam.com > wrote in message
> Now you just prepare yourself for the usual "your marker is crap, you
> should have bought a <insert latest, greatest, and most expensive tourney
> marker set-up known to mankind>" that most of the twibs will go on about.
> It's a bit like buying the latest and greatest computer with all the bells
> and whistles just to write a letter or two every now and then. Yeah it may
> seem cool and all, but at the end of the day, it is just a waste.
>
> I say congratulations. I got my 98 Custom a month or so ago, and have had
> a lot of fun with it. My main reasons for getting a 98 Custom are that the
> field I play at only really plays rec/bush ball, and pretty much everyone
> that goes there uses rentals (Pro Carbines and 98 Customs). I didn't think
> it would be very fair on the others if I had anything that was too
> different (I may end up going to an A5 in the future). Another big reason
> was that this is my first marker. Because of this I wanted something
> rugged, and easy to pull apart and fix, and if I run into trouble, I know
> that I can get some help at the local field.
>
> I'm sure that your new marker will bring you a ton of fun :)
>
> Nick wrote:
>> I just wanted to say that I bought myself a Tippman 98 Custom. The guy
>> in the shop gave me a good deal on it and i preferred the feel of it to
>> the other markers. Also I was told that the other electric markers I
>> liked probably would not be allowed on public sites as it would be too
>> good...
>> anyway...Yay!

01 Jan 2006 20:59:05
Mark M
Re: Bought my marker!

Excellent Choice! Don't listen to the crap about entry level marker, too
heavy, not fast enought, blah...blah ... blah...

The 98 is reliable, highly upgradeable (still relaible even after
uprgading). We play rec, woods and speedball and the 98 is effective in all
those situations. It only takes one ball!

I have seen enough of all the pregame tinkering that goes on with any of the
high end markers, Ions, Impulse, etc. and the hassles to get it working
right and keep it working (pro and semi pro players). With any Tippman,
just chrono and Play, no hassles!

Enjoy!
Markm70

"Nick" <higgins.nick@virgin.net > wrote in message
>I just wanted to say that I bought myself a Tippman 98 Custom. The guy in
>the shop gave me a good deal on it and i preferred the feel of it to the
>other markers. Also I was told that the other electric markers I liked
>probably would not be allowed on public sites as it would be too good...
> anyway...Yay!

02 Jan 2006 11:10:35
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Bought my marker!

i lo0o0o0o0o0ove my tippmann 98 Custom
yeah sure some people said i could've got an autococker for the same
price
(but i got the gun as a present)
but just put a RT and maybe some other parts it'll be great
and i also got a Stiffi Barrel for Christmas =D
me so0o00oo happy