28 Sep 2007 13:56:23
Ben.
Woody Austin

The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!

28 Sep 2007 23:09:15
George Orwell
Re: Woody Austin

In article <1191012983.995277.183080@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com >
"Ben." <kombi45@yahoo.com > wrote:

> The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!

What the hell's an 'ehad?' Is that a new gay word Bend Over Ben with a period?

https://www.mixmaster.it

28 Sep 2007 14:29:30
dugjustdug
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 28, 1:56 pm, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!

I watched it live while at the gym. Damned near fell off the
treadmill laughing. Bully for him for trying to stay in the hole.

Match Play Madness (TM) Rule!

- dug

28 Sep 2007 21:35:12
Bobby Knight
Re: Woody Austin

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:56:23 -0700, "Ben." <kombi45@yahoo.com > wrote:

>The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
>the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!

Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
to give him credit for even trying that shot.

28 Sep 2007 15:30:26
Ben.
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 28, 4:35 pm, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net > wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:56:23 -0700, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> >the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
>
> Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
> to give him credit for even trying that shot.

Indeed; Woody is like a chihuahua on meth. One year at Pebble I saw
and heard him slap himself so hard in the thigh after a ginched bunker
shot out of the trap at the 8th that it literally sounded as if he was
right next to us - we were 75 yards away. A friend was caddying in
his group, and said he was one of the nicest pros he's ever been in a
group with, and he's been doing it for over ten years.

28 Sep 2007 22:46:35
annika1980
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 28, 6:30 pm, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> A friend was caddying in
> his group, and said he was one of the nicest pros he's ever been in a
> group with, and he's been doing it for over ten years.

I know Woody Austin's current caddy, Brent Henley, and he says the
same thing. "Nicest guy on Tour."

29 Sep 2007 08:40:27
John van der Pflum
Re: Woody Austin

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:12 GMT, Bobby Knight <bknight@conramp.net >
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:56:23 -0700, "Ben." <kombi45@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
>>the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
>
>Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
>to give him credit for even trying that shot.

Anyone got a link to it?
--
jvdp
http://www.rsgcincinnati.com

29 Sep 2007 06:46:01
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 29, 8:40 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org >
wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:12 GMT, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:56:23 -0700, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> >>the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
>
> >Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
> >to give him credit for even trying that shot.
>
> Anyone got a link to it?
> --
> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com

It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
enough.
All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
Helen

29 Sep 2007 06:46:41
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 29, 9:46 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 8:40 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:12 GMT, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net>
> > wrote:

> > >Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
> > >to give him credit for even trying that shot.
>
> > Anyone got a link to it?
> > --
> > jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
> It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
> enough.
> All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
> felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
> Helen

Sorry, forgot the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzm2KcpzRm4

29 Sep 2007 08:20:07
Ben.
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 29, 8:46 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:

> It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
> enough.
> All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
> felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.

Sorry - ask and ye shall _not_ receive. Your personal feelings on the
Wood man unfortunately do not exempt him from lampoon. This was the
funniest thing I have ever seen on a golf broadcast, with his head
bashing putter incident a VERY close second. The only thing that
would have made that clip better was if he had gotten out of the
water, and bashed himself over the head with the iron he used before
being completely submerged.

29 Sep 2007 20:21:10
Chris Bellomy
Re: Woody Austin

Ben. <kombi45@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Sep 29, 8:46 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
>> enough.
>> All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
>> felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
>
> Sorry - ask and ye shall _not_ receive. Your personal feelings on the
> Wood man unfortunately do not exempt him from lampoon. This was the
> funniest thing I have ever seen on a golf broadcast, with his head
> bashing putter incident a VERY close second. The only thing that
> would have made that clip better was if he had gotten out of the
> water, and bashed himself over the head with the iron he used before
> being completely submerged.

That's not the only thing that would have made it funnier.
I would have liked to have seen him go ahead and swim to
the green, as though the fall into the water was intentional.

--
Chris Bellomy
C-List Charter Member

29 Sep 2007 18:51:01
Ben.
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 29, 3:21 pm, Chris Bellomy <pu...@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid > wrote:
> Ben. <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 29, 8:46 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
> >> enough.
> >> All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
> >> felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
>
> > Sorry - ask and ye shall _not_ receive. Your personal feelings on the
> > Wood man unfortunately do not exempt him from lampoon. This was the
> > funniest thing I have ever seen on a golf broadcast, with his head
> > bashing putter incident a VERY close second. The only thing that
> > would have made that clip better was if he had gotten out of the
> > water, and bashed himself over the head with the iron he used before
> > being completely submerged.
>
> That's not the only thing that would have made it funnier.
> I would have liked to have seen him go ahead and swim to
> the green, as though the fall into the water was intentional.

Or perhaps if he had done some synchorinzed maneuvers, or if he came
up and screamed "MARCO?!?" Anything along those lines...

30 Sep 2007 01:54:34
Bobby Knight
Re: Woody Austin

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:46:01 -0700, helensilverburg@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Sep 29, 8:40 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
>wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:12 GMT, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
>> >to give him credit for even trying that shot.
>>
>> Anyone got a link to it?
>> --
>> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>

>It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
>enough.
>All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
>felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
>Helen

He's an extremely likeable guy...but that doesn't mean it isn't funny
For those that might not have seen it...here's a link to a good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbn9095yG1U&NR=1
___,

/
.
“Someone likes every shot”
bk

29 Sep 2007 18:58:59
Thor
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 28, 5:29 pm, dugjustdug <prestigerea...@yvn.com > wrote:
> On Sep 28, 1:56 pm, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> > the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
>
> I watched it live while at the gym. Damned near fell off the
> treadmill laughing. Bully for him for trying to stay in the hole.
>
> Match Play Madness (TM) Rule!
>
> - dug

Glad I wasn't on international TV:
http://rsgohio.netfirms.com/rsgohiopics/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=107

-- Thor

30 Sep 2007 02:12:44
Bobby Knight
Woody Austin in the lake

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:54:34 GMT, Bobby Knight <bknight@conramp.net >
wrote:

This is the dive in the lake, not the head banging putter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbn9095yG1U&NR=1

30 Sep 2007 03:20:32
johnty
Re: Woody Austin

On 30 Sep, 02:58, Thor <thor...@rsgohio.com > wrote:
> On Sep 28, 5:29 pm, dugjustdug <prestigerea...@yvn.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 28, 1:56 pm, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> > > the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
>
> > I watched it live while at the gym. Damned near fell off the
> > treadmill laughing. Bully for him for trying to stay in the hole.
>
> > Match Play Madness (TM) Rule!
>
> > - dug
>
> Glad I wasn't on international TV:
> http://rsgohio.netfirms.com/rsgohiopics/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php...

Great set of pics, Dave! Nice to see so many familiar faces.

Are you losing weight?

30 Sep 2007 15:59:58
George Orwell
Re: Woody Austin

In article <1191018626.318777.272970@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com >
"Ben." <kombi45@yahoo.com > wrote:

> On Sep 28, 4:35 pm, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:56:23 -0700, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >The human golf highlight reel...from the broken putter on his ehad to
> > >the full gainer into the pond today. Outstanding, Wood, outstanding!
> >
> > Funny, funny, funny. That film clip will be around forever. You have
> > to give him credit for even trying that shot.
>
> Indeed; Woody is like a chihuahua on meth. One year at Pebble I saw
> and heard him slap himself so hard in the thigh after a ginched bunker
> shot out of the trap at the 8th that it literally sounded as if he was
> right next to us - we were 75 yards away. A friend was caddying in
> his group, and said he was one of the nicest pros he's ever been in a
> group with, and he's been doing it for over ten years.

Small cuddly animals and drugs. Now there's a picture that Bend over Ben provides us with. Beats swearing for the whole world to hear right? Don't answer that, it wouldn't count as anything anyway.

https://www.mixmaster.it

30 Sep 2007 07:58:02
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 29, 9:54 pm, Bobby Knight <bkni...@conramp.net > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:46:01 -0700, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >On Sep 29, 8:40 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
> >wrote:

> >> Anyone got a link to it?
> >> --
> >> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
> >It's a bad video, because of the contrasty lighting but you can see
> >enough.
> >All I ask is to refrain from making fun. How many times have we ever
> >felt like doing that? He's a great guy and I like him a lot.
> >Helen
>
> He's an extremely likeable guy...but that doesn't mean it isn't funny
> For those that might not have seen it...here's a link to a good video.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbn9095yG1U&NR=1
> ___,
> |
> /
> .
> "Someone likes every shot"
> bk

He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
Helen

30 Sep 2007 10:41:34
Ben.
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 30, 9:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:

> He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
> in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
> that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
> wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0

I don't see Woody Austin as overly "likeable". I've been told by a
friend who caddied in his group that he is definitely one of the
_nicer_ touring pros, but I just can't get past his on-course
histrionics, which are very dislikeable - though hilarious. I have
seen it in person at Pebble, as I posted previously, and also the
numerous lowlights: The ludicrous slaps to the leg, the beating of
equipment (the putter on the head and knee), the loud berating of
himself, etc. I know he is only down on himself, but these are not
the actions of what I would term a "very likeable" individual.

Also, if you recall when Tiger shot 63 at Southern Hills in August,
when asked about it Woody got all red-assed and belligerent in the
post-round stating that he played as well as Tiger had that day. Of
course he shot 70...but he certainly played as well as Tiger. He
chalked it up to the media hype over Tiger, when in fact Tiger almost
shot a 62, which would have eclipsed the low round for any major
tournament ever. IOW, the hype was deserved that day. Not exactly an
endearing moment.

Not sure what Sabbatini would do. Walk ahead of his playing partners
tot he next tee? Call tiger out again? Who knows...

30 Sep 2007 12:58:07
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 30, 1:41 pm, "Ben." <komb...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Sep 30, 9:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
> > in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
> > that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
> > wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
>
> I don't see Woody Austin as overly "likeable". I've been told by a
> friend who caddied in his group that he is definitely one of the
> _nicer_ touring pros, but I just can't get past his on-course
> histrionics, which are very dislikeable - though hilarious. I have
> seen it in person at Pebble, as I posted previously, and also the
> numerous lowlights: The ludicrous slaps to the leg, the beating of
> equipment (the putter on the head and knee), the loud berating of
> himself, etc. I know he is only down on himself, but these are not
> the actions of what I would term a "very likeable" individual.
>
> Also, if you recall when Tiger shot 63 at Southern Hills in August,
> when asked about it Woody got all red-assed and belligerent in the
> post-round stating that he played as well as Tiger had that day. Of
> course he shot 70...but he certainly played as well as Tiger. He
> chalked it up to the media hype over Tiger, when in fact Tiger almost
> shot a 62, which would have eclipsed the low round for any major
> tournament ever. IOW, the hype was deserved that day. Not exactly an
> endearing moment.
>
> Not sure what Sabbatini would do. Walk ahead of his playing partners
> tot he next tee? Call tiger out again? Who knows...

He definitely has a self-esteem problem. This explains the silly
antics of hitting himself and belligerent behaviour at times. I'm not
condoning what he said about Tiger at Southern Hills, but a lot of
people tend to transfer their feelings onto others. In some cases
it's a way of venting out their anger, problems, even self-hate. I am
not saying he is mentally ill at all, but he could use some therapy to
help him with his self-esteem. Come to think of it, I think most of
us could as well.
Thanks Ben for that info. That's something about Woody I did not
know.
Helen

30 Sep 2007 14:19:41
Re: Woody Austin

On Sep 30, 10:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:

> He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
> in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
> that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
> wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
> Helen- Hide quoted text -

In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.

01 Oct 2007 07:53:14
John van der Pflum
Re: Woody Austin

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:19:41 -0700, bigoldcat2@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Sep 30, 10:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
>> in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
>> that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
>> wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
>> Helen- Hide quoted text -

>In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.

Cheater? What's up with that?
--
jvdp
http://www.rsgcincinnati.com

01 Oct 2007 06:00:25
Gordo
Re: Woody Austin

On Oct 1, 4:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org >
wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:19:41 -0700, bigoldc...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >On Sep 30, 10:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
> >> in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
> >> that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
> >> wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
> >> Helen- Hide quoted text -

> >In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.
>
> Cheater? What's up with that?
> --
> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com

Likely he's referring to the 'putt' at the Tour Championship. Some
people just need an axe to grind.

01 Oct 2007 06:04:48
Re: Woody Austin

On Oct 1, 7:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org >
wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:19:41 -0700, bigoldc...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >On Sep 30, 10:58 am, helensilverb...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> He is very likeable. IMO he came out with his self-respect and pride
> >> in tact. I figure he just laughed it off. How many others could do
> >> that? Can you imagine if that happened to someone like Sabbatini? He
> >> wouldn't take it so lightly. [:-0
> >> Helen- Hide quoted text -

> >In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.
>
> Cheater? What's up with that?
> --
> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com

How soon we forget. I refer to his two hit putt for which he took one
stroke.

01 Oct 2007 09:54:07
John van der Pflum
Re: Woody Austin

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:04:48 -0700, bigoldcat2@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Oct 1, 7:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
>wrote:

>> >In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.
>>
>> Cheater? What's up with that?
>> --
>> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
>How soon we forget. I refer to his two hit putt for which he took one
>stroke.

How can you forget something you never knew? :-)
--
jvdp
http://www.rsgcincinnati.com

01 Oct 2007 08:02:40
Re: Woody Austin

On Oct 1, 9:54 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org >
wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:04:48 -0700, bigoldc...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >On Oct 1, 7:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
> >wrote:

> >> Cheater? What's up with that?
> >> --
> >> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
> >How soon we forget. I refer to his two hit putt for which he took one
> >stroke.
>
> How can you forget something you never knew? :-)
> --
> jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com-Hide quoted text -

I think you just answered your question :]

01 Oct 2007 08:03:40
Re: Woody Austin

On Oct 1, 9:00 am, Gordo <golf...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Oct 1, 4:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
> wrote:

> > >In my opinion Woody is a cheater and a buffoon.
>
> > Cheater? What's up with that?
> > --
> > jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
> Likely he's referring to the 'putt' at the Tour Championship. Some
> people just need an axe to grind.- Hide quoted text -

No axe grinding here Gordo, I just believe what I saw.

01 Oct 2007 08:22:27
Gordo
Re: Woody Austin

On Oct 1, 8:03 am, bigoldc...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Oct 1, 9:00 am, Gordo <golf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 1, 4:53 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org>
> > wrote:

> > > Cheater? What's up with that?
> > > --
> > > jvdphttp://www.rsgcincinnati.com
>
> > Likely he's referring to the 'putt' at the Tour Championship. Some
> > people just need an axe to grind.- Hide quoted text -

> No axe grinding here Gordo, I just believe what I saw.- Hide quoted text -

I have to admit that I'm on the fence. I can see the arguement that
he made a stroke, but don't really believe that he'd lie when
confronted with it.