31 Jul 2004 16:19:03
Mike Dalecki
What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?

Mike
Mike Dalecki GCA Accredited Clubmaker http://clubdoctor.com
RSG-Wisconsin 2004 Information: http://dalecki.net/rsgwis2004
RSG Roll Call:
http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/members_index.php?rollcall=daleckim&sort=

Stik
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

"Mike Dalecki" <mike@dalecki.net > wrote in message
> As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?

http://sports.yahoo.golfserv.com/gdc/news/article.asp?id=25417

GRAND BLANC, Mich., July 29 - Vijay Singh was so disgusted after the British Open,
he decided to do something drastic.
Frustrated with his poor putting, Singh returned home from Europe last week and put
away his trusted belly putter. Never mind that he had used a belly putter for more
than two years. Never mind that he had won three tournaments and more than $5
million this year using a belly putter.
Singh had reached the breaking point. So a conventional putter went into Singh's bag
for Thursday's first round of the Buick Open here.

31 Jul 2004 23:30:55
sfb
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

He got pissed at everybody on RSG questioning his manhood for using a belly
putter.

"Mike Dalecki" <mike@dalecki.net > wrote in message
> As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?
>
> Mike
-
> Mike Dalecki GCA Accredited Clubmaker http://clubdoctor.com
> RSG-Wisconsin 2004 Information: http://dalecki.net/rsgwis2004
> RSG Roll Call:

http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/members_index.php?rollcall=daleckim&sort=
-

01 Aug 2004 02:48:28
bill-o

Mike Dalecki wrote:

> As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?
>
> Mike

Vijay said in an interview that the conventional putter
allows him to be more aggressive with his stroke. Tired of
leaving them short I guess.

--
bill-o

01 Aug 2004 05:06:59
Dave
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:35:27 GMT, "Stik"
<wiredstikREMOVE@hotmail.com > wrote:
>Singh had reached the breaking point. So a conventional putter went into Singh's bag
>for Thursday's first round of the Buick Open here.

Couldn't be a better time for the USGA to outlaw it.

01 Aug 2004 21:17:39
fish
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

"Mike Dalecki" <mike@dalecki.net > wrote in message
> As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?

They said he put it away. When I was watching him saturday, I was struck by
how elegant his stance was with the new putter, and he was certainly putting
well with it. I'll be curious if the better putting holds up, or if this is
another case of a honeymoon with a new club.

02 Aug 2004 09:52:38
Art Class
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

Mike Dalecki <mike@dalecki.net > wrote in message news:<2n2glsFr9oicU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?
>
> Mike

There was some comments on TCG where Vijay has been trying quite a few
different putting clubs and grips in recent tournaments. One guy
(forgot who) commmented that Vijay is the type of player who likes to
have a few options to try when something is not working for him.

03 Aug 2004 03:30:54
njlam
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

What putter did Vijay use at the Buick?

Was it a Cameron?

"Art Class" <art_classmn@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Mike Dalecki <mike@dalecki.net> wrote in message
news:<2n2glsFr9oicU1@uni-berlin.de >...
> > As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he wasn't
> > using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they talked
> > about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?
> >
> > Mike
>
> There was some comments on TCG where Vijay has been trying quite a few
> different putting clubs and grips in recent tournaments. One guy
> (forgot who) commmented that Vijay is the type of player who likes to
> have a few options to try when something is not working for him.

03 Aug 2004 04:35:32
Fred Taylor

"njlam" <njlam@comcast.net > wrote in message
> What putter did Vijay use at the Buick?
>
> Was it a Cameron?

Probably. Why does it matter? It's not like he won the tournament because it
was a Cameron. Even so, it's not like you'd be able to buy the same putter
that Vijay used, and it's not like you're going to be able to putt like him
if you could, either. As they say, it's the Indian not the arrows. Ha ha ha!
I just made a funny! Get it--Indian? LOL

BTW, yes, I know Vijay is from Guam, but he's obviously of Indian descent.
You really have to pre-empt all the nitpickers in this newsgroup.

> "Art Class" <art_classmn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Mike Dalecki <mike@dalecki.net> wrote in message
> > > As I watched Vijay miss his putt on the 17th today, I realized he
wasn't
> > > using his belly putter. I joined the tourney late so maybe they
talked
> > > about it, but does anyone know why he's not using it any more?
> > >
> > > Mike
> >
> > There was some comments on TCG where Vijay has been trying quite a few
> > different putting clubs and grips in recent tournaments. One guy
> > (forgot who) commmented that Vijay is the type of player who likes to
> > have a few options to try when something is not working for him.

03 Aug 2004 05:06:13
Peter Strauss
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:35:32 GMT, "Fred Taylor" <freddyt@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>BTW, yes, I know Vijay is from Guam, but he's obviously of Indian descent.
>You really have to pre-empt all the nitpickers in this newsgroup.

/nitpick on
Uh...Fiji, not Guam.
/nitpick off

03 Aug 2004 08:21:58
Fred Taylor

"Peter Strauss" <pfs126@earthlink.net > wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:35:32 GMT, "Fred Taylor" <freddyt@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >BTW, yes, I know Vijay is from Guam, but he's obviously of Indian
descent.
> >You really have to pre-empt all the nitpickers in this newsgroup.
>
> /nitpick on
> Uh...Fiji, not Guam.
> /nitpick off

I teed that one up for you nicely, didn't I? LOL

03 Aug 2004 13:20:35
Howard Brazee

On 2-Aug-2004, "Fred Taylor" <freddyt@yahoo.com > wrote:

> As they say, it's the Indian not the arrows. Ha ha ha!
> I just made a funny! Get it--Indian? LOL
>
> BTW, yes, I know Vijay is from Guam, but he's obviously of Indian descent.
> You really have to pre-empt all the nitpickers in this newsgroup.

In every newsgroup.

03 Aug 2004 20:30:37
Peter Strauss
Re: What happened to Vijay's Belly Putter?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:21:58 GMT, "Fred Taylor" <freddyt@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>"Peter Strauss" <pfs126@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:35:32 GMT, "Fred Taylor" <freddyt@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >BTW, yes, I know Vijay is from Guam, but he's obviously of Indian
>descent.
>> >You really have to pre-empt all the nitpickers in this newsgroup.
>>
>> /nitpick on
>> Uh...Fiji, not Guam.
>> /nitpick off
>
>I teed that one up for you nicely, didn't I? LOL

You did indeed. Alas, that was my best shot all day.
<Quit after 13. Cold, damp, and a crappy game made it easy to leave
early. I hate golf. Sometimes. >
By the way, I'm holding your tee for ransom. Send considerable dough
in a plain brown wrapper, and have it delivered by a suede-shoed
square in the dead of night.