30 Sep 2006 05:35:54
Big_Fan
WGC American Express Championships

Looks like the coverage is going to be tape delayed today. Anyone want
me to post updates so you can keep up real time? :-)

30 Sep 2006 05:51:31
multi
Re: WGC American Express Championships

On 30 Sep 2006 05:35:54 -0700, "Big_Fan" <bigpufan@aol.com > wrote:
>Looks like the coverage is going to be tape delayed today. Anyone want
>me to post updates so you can keep up real time? :-)

How about posting the URL of a live feed?

01 Oct 2006 00:29:09
Bob Brown

"Big_Fan" <bigpufan@aol.com > wrote in message
> Looks like the coverage is going to be tape delayed today. Anyone want
> me to post updates so you can keep up real time? :-)

If it is, I hope they don't show the current score at the beginning of the
show like they did today, at least here in Hawaii!

When it came on, the scoreboard showed Tiger at 17 under and had played 15
holes. A few minutes later it showed they were on the 8th hole! I could not
figure out what was going on, whether or not the previous holes were on TV
earlier on another channel, like ESPN, like they did at the British Open, it
was on TNT first, then a network channel, I think ABC.

02 Oct 2006 01:58:56
Darrell Jefress

"Bob Brown" <bob@bobebrown.com > wrote in message

> If it is, I hope they don't show the current score at the beginning of the
> show like they did today, at least here in Hawaii!

Yeah, that was a big "oops" in the truck. Did you notice how the whole
screen faded to black just a few seconds later?

Then a couple times during the broadcast, the crawl at the bottom of the
screen gave us some macro language, presumably intended to drive our
display.

DJJ