31 Aug 2006 07:24:11
multi
Pro-Am Pairings

Are the groups in the pro-ams that precede PGA events determined by
lot, or by highest bidder, or just whatever the organizers decide?

31 Aug 2006 11:22:31
John van der Pflum
Re: Pro-Am Pairings

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:24:11 -0700, multi <multi@asm.org > wrote:

>Are the groups in the pro-ams that precede PGA events determined by
>lot, or by highest bidder, or just whatever the organizers decide?

I would expect the golden rule applies to some extent. "Whoever has
the gold makes the rules."

Otherwise, for the regular schleps, it's a lottery.
--

jvdp
The only way to beat me is to make a hole in one

31 Aug 2006 08:56:32
annika1980
Re: Pro-Am Pairings

multi wrote:
> Are the groups in the pro-ams that precede PGA events determined by
> lot, or by highest bidder, or just whatever the organizers decide?

They usually have a dinner and a draw party the night before. This is
after the big money sponsors decide who they'd like to play with, of
course. They pay $20,000 to play with Tiger Woods and all that gets
them is a 6:00AM tee time and a handshake.