31 May 2007 00:11:48
Dave Lee
Never Give Up on a Round - You Never Know

I got into an extended argument with the lip of a fairway bunker today
regarding just how much loft was required to clear said lip. Took a triple
bogey on the first hole, but still managed to slightly beat my index with a
differential of around 6 (with ESC adjustments ended up posting a score with
a differential of around 5). You just never know.

dave

30 May 2007 20:20:39
Leon Chamae
Re: Never Give Up on a Round - You Never Know

"Dave Lee" <DaveLeeNC@ix.netcom.RemovE.com > writes:

> I got into an extended argument with the lip of a fairway bunker today
> regarding just how much loft was required to clear said lip. Took a triple
> bogey on the first hole, but still managed to slightly beat my index with a
> differential of around 6 (with ESC adjustments ended up posting a score with
> a differential of around 5). You just never know.

I once shot +10 / -1 over 18 holes (on a 9-hole course
repeating the nines from slightly different teeing grounds).

You just never know.

--
Leon Chamae
Directeur du Personnel

31 May 2007 08:36:09
John van der Pflum
Re: Never Give Up on a Round - You Never Know

On 30 May 2007 20:20:39 -0400, Leon Chamae
<Chamae.Leon@no_such_domain.fr > wrote:

>"Dave Lee" <DaveLeeNC@ix.netcom.RemovE.com> writes:
>
>> I got into an extended argument with the lip of a fairway bunker today
>> regarding just how much loft was required to clear said lip. Took a triple
>> bogey on the first hole, but still managed to slightly beat my index with a
>> differential of around 6 (with ESC adjustments ended up posting a score with
>> a differential of around 5). You just never know.
>
>I once shot +10 / -1 over 18 holes (on a 9-hole course
>repeating the nines from slightly different teeing grounds).
>
>You just never know.

At RSG Ohio one year there was a guy who shot 9-8-7-6-5-4-3 for the
closing holes. I'll bet he wished there was a 19th and 20th hole to
play.

I also heard a story of a guy who got a hole in one and his score card
for three holes read 10-1-9, or something to that effect.
--
jvdp
RSG Cincinnati July 13-15, 2007

31 May 2007 08:44:44

John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspammy@bite.org > writes:

> On 30 May 2007 20:20:39 -0400, Leon Chamae
> <Chamae.Leon@no_such_domain.fr> wrote:
>
> >"Dave Lee" <DaveLeeNC@ix.netcom.RemovE.com> writes:
> >
> >> I got into an extended argument with the lip of a fairway bunker today
> >> regarding just how much loft was required to clear said lip. Took a triple
> >> bogey on the first hole, but still managed to slightly beat my index with a
> >> differential of around 6 (with ESC adjustments ended up posting a score with
> >> a differential of around 5). You just never know.
> >
> >I once shot +10 / -1 over 18 holes (on a 9-hole course
> >repeating the nines from slightly different teeing grounds).
> >
> >You just never know.
>
> At RSG Ohio one year there was a guy who shot 9-8-7-6-5-4-3 for the
> closing holes. I'll bet he wished there was a 19th and 20th hole to
> play.

I heard that his approach on 18 rolled over the hole and that
he was quite relieved that he did not score a 2 and ruin
his "straight."

--
Leon Chamae
Directeur du Personnel

31 May 2007 08:11:41
me
Re: Never Give Up on a Round - You Never Know

On May 31, 8:36 am, John van der Pflum <nowhammymyspa...@bite.org >
wrote:
[snip]
> I also heard a story of a guy who got a hole in one and his score card
> for three holes read 10-1-9, or something to that effect.

Local course had one of those "hole in one" contest things set up
where you could win $5000 or something like that. Over a period of
a couple years I think they had around 5 winners. Apparently every
single one of them was a MAJOR hacker. Score cards reading things
like 120+. Pro said it wasn't that uncommon because a good golfer
tends to "drop" shots onto par 3 greens and hackers send worm
burners which roll across the greens. Its rolling balls that tend to
go in for holes in one.