27 Jan 2008 17:18:17
John van der Pflum
Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

The guy is inhuman.
--
jvdp
Conspiring against Koenig since 2007
http://www.rsgcincinnati.com

27 Jan 2008 16:05:46
Howard Brazee
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:18:17 -0500, John van der Pflum
<nowhammymyspammy@bite.org > wrote:

>The guy is inhuman.

The up and down a couple of holes earlier was more amazing to me.

27 Jan 2008 18:13:39
Pickmaster
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

The "better than most" chip takes the prize for me--when you consider the
slope and speed of the greens they play on, the number of times he has done
this is scary

"Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net > wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:18:17 -0500, John van der Pflum
> <nowhammymyspammy@bite.org> wrote:
>
>>The guy is inhuman.
>
> The up and down a couple of holes earlier was more amazing to me.

27 Jan 2008 19:41:11
Matt

"Pickmaster" <hotshot@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> The "better than most" chip takes the prize for me--when you consider the
> slope and speed of the greens they play on, the number of times he has
> done this is scary

The "better than most" was a putt. It was at the Players Championship at
17.

27 Jan 2008 19:46:28
MoiMoi
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

In article <479d2430$0$30672$4c368faf@roadrunner.com >, rebel_144
@hotmail.com says...

> "Pickmaster" <hotshot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The "better than most" chip takes the prize for me--when you consider the
> > slope and speed of the greens they play on, the number of times he has
> > done this is scary
>
> The "better than most" was a putt. It was at the Players Championship at
> 17.

Yep, I think Pickmaster was confusing the "in your life" chip at the
Masters.

MM

27 Jan 2008 20:22:50
Pickmaster
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

Yeah, you're right, I am confused--this is the one I meant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnP3Mz1wh9c&feature=related

"MoiMoi" <moimoi@example.com > wrote in message
> In article <479d2430$0$30672$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, rebel_144
> @hotmail.com says...
>>
>> "Pickmaster" <hotshot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > The "better than most" chip takes the prize for me--when you consider
>> > the
>> > slope and speed of the greens they play on, the number of times he has
>> > done this is scary
>>
>> The "better than most" was a putt. It was at the Players Championship at
>> 17.
>
> Yep, I think Pickmaster was confusing the "in your life" chip at the
> Masters.
>
> MM

28 Jan 2008 05:45:31
Robert Hamilton
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

John van der Pflum wrote:

Snip....

Nope, missed it.

Was out golfing. Made a real nice putt to boot! Nothing like that Putt
Constantino Rocca rolled in on the 18th in the British Open to tie Daly,
but a slick, downhill, across the green sorta putt to save a par, which
is pretty good for me. Those greens are brutal when the bermuda goes
dormant.

I did catch the nice 61 Adam Scott shot in Qatar.

28 Jan 2008 07:20:34
Tom Yost
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:05:46 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net >
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:18:17 -0500, John van der Pflum
><nowhammymyspammy@bite.org> wrote:
>
>>The guy is inhuman.
>
>The up and down a couple of holes earlier was more amazing to me.

I saw that up and down at (#9?). Funny because Feherety was saying
the BEST he could do was get it to stop within 15 ft below the hole.

Also funny to see the gallery crowding in catch the slop/spray
(correctly predicted by McCord!)

I gave up and went in to the office to make reservations for Hawaii
:-) so I missed the putt at 11. Saw it on the replay, I think I
would have fallen off of the couch at that point.

The guy is an alien.

Tom

28 Jan 2008 09:21:27
cja

On Jan 28, 9:20=A0am, Tom Yost <t...@bloodyvikings.com > wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:05:46 -0700, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
> wrote:

> >The up and down a couple of holes earlier was more amazing to me.
>
> I saw that up and down at (#9?). =A0Funny because Feherety was saying
> the BEST he could do was get it to stop within 15 ft below the hole.
> Also funny to see the gallery crowding in catch the slop/spray
> (correctly predicted by McCord!)

After all the buildup from Feherty and the boys about how tough that
shot was going to be, I just had to laugh after Tiger's amazing
result. With a decent lie that's not an easy shot; from the sloppy,
wet, trampled grass - ridiculous. My next thought was that Frostback
would be getting ready to post to RSG: "I could hit that shot." Sadly,
as I see in his post below, he wasn't watching...

- cja

28 Jan 2008 18:49:52
Bobby Knight

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:21:27 -0800 (PST), cja <cja@excite.com > wrote:

>On Jan 28, 9:20 am, Tom Yost <t...@bloodyvikings.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:05:46 -0700, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
>> wrote:
>
>> >The up and down a couple of holes earlier was more amazing to me.
>>
>> I saw that up and down at (#9?).  Funny because Feherety was saying
>> the BEST he could do was get it to stop within 15 ft below the hole.
>> Also funny to see the gallery crowding in catch the slop/spray
>> (correctly predicted by McCord!)
>>
>After all the buildup from Feherty and the boys about how tough that
>shot was going to be, I just had to laugh after Tiger's amazing
>result. With a decent lie that's not an easy shot; from the sloppy,
>wet, trampled grass - ridiculous. My next thought was that Frostback
>would be getting ready to post to RSG: "I could hit that shot." Sadly,
>as I see in his post below, he wasn't watching...
>
> - cja

LOL.
bk

29 Jan 2008 11:12:40
John Reddy
Re: Holy crap -- did you see that putt?

In article <0porp39a0uhuj79ucdaqn23mljl8lda0pt@4ax.com >,
Tom Yost <tom@bloodyvikings.com > wrote:

> Saw it on the replay, I think I
> would have fallen off of the couch at that point.

The replay was disappointing in that the original coverage was from
overhead from a blimp cam which depicted the arc of the putt much better
than the replay which for some reason was from a ground cam.

The overhead never got replayed which is too bad. It was even more
impressive from that angle.