31 May 2005 12:37:02
Aslam Siddiqui
Worst innings economy rate

Here is a list of bowlers with the worst Test innings economy rates
(qualification - bowled at least 10 overs in the innings).

Runs/
100b Bs Rs W
140.28 72 101 0 Shahadat Hossain BD v Eng Lord's 2005
133.33 72 96 1 AA Donald SAf v Eng The Oval 1994
122.73 66 81 1 SC Stayers WI v Ind Bridgetown 1961-62
122.22 72 88 1 L Klusener SAf v Ind Cape Town 1996-97
117.86 84 99 1 RGD Willis Eng v WI Manchester 1980
117.65 102 120 0 Mohammed Sharif BD v SL Colombo 2001-02
115.38 78 90 0 HH Streak Zim v SAf Cape Town 2004-05
115.00 60 69 2 CB Llewellyn SAf v Aus Melbourne(2)1910-11

aslam
GO CUBS!!!

31 May 2005 13:20:27
vijaykumark@my-deja.com
Re: Worst innings economy rate

Klusener's debut was at Calcutta, when Azhar got stuck into him.

Klusener is remarkable that he has his best figures in the second
innings of the same test.

Vijay

01 Jun 2005 05:23:38
Southpaw

vijaykumark@my-deja.com wrote:
> Klusener's debut was at Calcutta, when Azhar got stuck into him.
>
> Klusener is remarkable that he has his best figures in the second
> innings of the same test.

Yes but that's not the test Aslam was referring to. Klusener's figures
on debut were 14-1-75-0 in the first innings and 21.3-4-64-8. The
mauling Azhar gave him in I1 doesn't quite emerge from his innings
figures because he had decent figures while India were struggling to
161/7. The carnage began after that.

-Samarth [ IMHO Azhar's best innings... 109 off just 77 balls, against
an attack containing Donald, with India 161/7 in reply to 428, all with
an injured elbow... ].

> Vijay

01 Jun 2005 08:40:26
vijaykumark@my-deja.com
Re: Worst innings economy rate

Sorry....
I got this mixed up with Aslam's other post on poor bowling
performances on debut.

But the example above was also Azhar getting stuck into Klusener. And
the situation was no less precarious:
58/5 facing a 400+ score, IIRC. Sachin got 169 and the two put on over
100 in the first hour after lunch. Donald was
hit for 5 fours in an over by Azhar. That was the innings he was run
out and there has been a lot of whispering
about that, too.

Vijay

01 Jun 2005 11:47:51
Afzal A. Khan
Re: Worst innings economy rate

vijaykumark@my-deja.com wrote:
> Sorry....
> I got this mixed up with Aslam's other post on poor bowling
> performances on debut.
>
> But the example above was also Azhar getting stuck into Klusener. And
> the situation was no less precarious:
> 58/5 facing a 400+ score, IIRC. Sachin got 169 and the two put on over
> 100 in the first hour after lunch. Donald was
> hit for 5 fours in an over by Azhar. That was the innings he was run
> out and there has been a lot of whispering
> about that, too.
>
> Vijay

I don't quite know what you are referring to. I saw that
Test on TV. Azhar was clearly run out. No ifs and buts about
it. The only "controversy" was the "send-off" given to him by
Shaun Pollock. Even the mild-mannered Azhar paused on his way
back to the pavilion and glared at Pollock.

A. A. Khan