31 May 2007 10:11:09
sdavmor
Windies call up Samuels to replace Sarwan

The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
conditions.

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indies/6708341.stmcolor=#0000FF> >
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

31 May 2007 18:20:57
John Hall
Re: Windies call up Samuels to replace Sarwan

In article <yuCdnRsdgtqGnMLb4p2dnA@iswest.net >,
sdavmor <sdavmor@fakeemailaddy.com > writes:
>The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
>technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
>conditions.
>
><http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indie
>s/6708341.stm>

But this is England. In a week's time the weather could be totally
different. :)
--
John Hall

"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

31 May 2007 10:30:27
arahim

On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com > wrote:
> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
> conditions.

It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
other choices are there?

> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indi...>
> --
> Cheers,
> SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
> Systems Theory internet music project links:
> official site <www.systemstheory.net>
> soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory>
> garageband <www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory>
> "Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
> "Codetalkers" CD coming very soon
> NP: nothing

31 May 2007 10:35:49
sdavmor

arahim wrote:
> On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
>> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
>> technique or patience to be a factor under current English
>> weather conditions.
>>

> It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> other choices are there?

Hinds is playing top club cricket in the UK. But I'm sure you're
right, Samuels is the proper choice if recalling Lara for one last
hurrah wasn't an option.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
Systems Theory internet music project links:
official site <www.systemstheory.net >
soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory >
garageband <www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory >
"Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
"Codetalkers" CD coming very soon
NP: nothing

31 May 2007 11:40:12
arahim

On May 31, 10:35 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com > wrote:
> arahim wrote:
> > On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> >> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> >> technique or patience to be a factor under current English
> >> weather conditions.
>
> > It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> > call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> > other choices are there?
>
> Hinds is playing top club cricket in the UK. But I'm sure you're
> right, Samuels is the proper choice if recalling Lara for one last
> hurrah wasn't an option.
> --

I suppose Hinds was a possibility. Or they could have gone with
someone totally new but you have to have someone in the pipeline. The
last decade was a depressing time for WI but this must be a new low.
For a while Walsh, Ambrose and Lara held things together. Now that
Lara is gone the last person in the team who was part of a winning
team once is gone. For the last fifteen years WI has been unable to
produce any new world class players (especially in the bowling) sine
Lara's debut.

> Cheers,
> SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
> Systems Theory internet music project links:
> official site <www.systemstheory.net>
> soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory>
> garageband <www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory>
> "Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
> "Codetalkers" CD coming very soon
> NP: nothing

31 May 2007 15:30:26
Geico Caveman

arahim wrote:

> On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
>> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
>> technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
>> conditions.
>>

> It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> other choices are there?

Given how detested Lara was in the team, I think recalling Lara would have
made matters much worse than they already are.

31 May 2007 18:53:02
arahim
Re: Windies call up Samuels to replace Sarwan

On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com > wrote:
> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
> conditions.

It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
other choices are there?

> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indi...>
> --
> Cheers,
> SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
> Systems Theory internet music project links:
> official site <www.systemstheory.net>
> soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory>
> garageband <www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory>
> "Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
> "Codetalkers" CD coming very soon
> NP: nothing

31 May 2007 18:57:13
arahim
Re: Windies call up Samuels to replace Sarwan

On May 31, 10:35 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com > wrote:
> arahim wrote:
> > On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> >> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> >> technique or patience to be a factor under current English
> >> weather conditions.
>
> > It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> > call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> > other choices are there?
>
> Hinds is playing top club cricket in the UK. But I'm sure you're
> right, Samuels is the proper choice if recalling Lara for one last
> hurrah wasn't an option.
> --

I suppose Hinds was a possibility. Or they could have gone with
someone totally new but you have to have someone in the pipeline. The
last decade was a depressing time for WI but this must be a new low.
For a while Walsh, Ambrose and Lara held things together. Now that
Lara is gone the last person in the team who was part of a winning
team once is gone. For the last fifteen years WI has been unable to
produce any world class players (especially in the bowling).

> Cheers,
> SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
> Systems Theory internet music project links:
> official site <www.systemstheory.net>
> soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory>
> garageband <www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory>
> "Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
> "Codetalkers" CD coming very soon
> NP: nothing

01 Jun 2007 04:11:19

On Jun 1, 6:53 am, arahim <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
>
> > The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> > technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
> > conditions.
>
> It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> other choices are there?

Lendl Simmons, the nephew of former West Indian batsman,
Phil Simmons.

31 May 2007 23:25:40
D Ramapriya

On May 31, 9:11 pm, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com > wrote:
> The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
> conditions.

But we all know how good he is at fixing matters for his team ;)

Ramapriya
[still believe that Samuels shouldn't be allowed to play cricket
again]

01 Jun 2007 14:24:51
arahim

On May 31, 9:11 pm, allan.lazr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 1, 6:53 am, arahim <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 31, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
>
> > > The likeliest choice. But I'm not convinced he has the maturity,
> > > technique or patience to be a factor under current English weather
> > > conditions.
>
> > It doesn't matter who they call at this point unless maybe if they
> > call Lara back:) and even that would not change any results. What
> > other choices are there?
>
> Lendl Simmons, the nephew of former West Indian batsman,
> Phil Simmons.

Yes that could have been another possibility. With a first class
average below 30 another indication of the bareness of the cupboard.