30 Sep 2005 15:50:50
JaneyP
Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA

Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby,otherwise good condition.
Daily Telegraph Publication.
Details of the OTHER great fight for the ashes! Details ,descriptions
and commentary on all five matches ,along with an interesting prologue
and epilogue by CB Fry 172 pages.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8337406374&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1



01 Oct 2005 10:19:46
alvey
Re: Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA

On 30 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, JaneyP wrote:

Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby series most notable for the
introduction to Test cricket of the deliberate slow over rate by the poms.



alvey


01 Oct 2005 12:15:18
united74
Re: Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA


"alvey" <not@allinterested.com > wrote in message
news:8or8c0fsdna8.1p6n8ey3h1liu.dlg@40tude.net...
> On 30 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, JaneyP wrote:
>
> Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
> prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby series most notable for the
> introduction to Test cricket of the deliberate slow over rate by the poms.
>
>
>
> alvey

The Aussies were top of the excuse league even then it seems.
Not much has changed.

United Road




01 Oct 2005 16:39:50
alvey
Re: Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 12:15:18 +0930, united74 wrote:

> "alvey" <not@allinterested.com> wrote in message
> news:8or8c0fsdna8.1p6n8ey3h1liu.dlg@40tude.net...
>> On 30 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, JaneyP wrote:
>>
>> Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
>> prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby series most notable for the
>> introduction to Test cricket of the deliberate slow over rate by the poms.
>>
>>
>>
>> alvey
>
> The Aussies were top of the excuse league even then it seems.
> Not much has changed.
>

Yep. Nothing ever really changes. The Poms still have to resort to dodgy
practices to win.



alvey


01 Oct 2005 08:23:37
Mike Holmans
Re: Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA


alvey wrote:
> On 30 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, JaneyP wrote:
>
> Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
> prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby series most notable for the
> introduction to Test cricket of the deliberate slow over rate by the poms.

Yet more historical inaccuracy from Alvey. Although some have alleged
that Warwick Armstrong did it in 1921, that was just time-wasting
rather than a deliberate policy. That started on England's tour of West
Indies in 1953-54. They just refined the tactic for the 54-55 Ashes.

Cheers,

Mike



02 Oct 2005 05:27:15
alvey
Re: Test match 54/55 the ashes australia FA

On 1 Oct 2005 08:23:37 -0700, Mike Holmans wrote:

> alvey wrote:
>> On 30 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, JaneyP wrote:
>>
>> Victory in Australia , The test matches of 1954/55 by E W Swanton,
>> prologue by CB Fry .Covers a little grubby series most notable for the
>> introduction to Ashes cricket of the deliberate slow over rate by the poms.
>
> Yet more historical inaccuracy from Alvey. Although some have alleged
> that Warwick Armstrong did it in 1921, that was just time-wasting
> rather than a deliberate policy. That started on England's tour of West
> Indies in 1953-54. They just refined the tactic for the 54-55 Ashes.

Dunno what you're on about Holmans. Read my post above yours again.




alvey
in briz, in the best seat in the house, watching Foxtel.