31 Mar 2007 13:51:22
Tids
Now here's an idea.......

The Pakistan Cricket Board has responded to the team's early
elimination from the World Cup by suspending the players' central
contracts - which will be replaced by performance-based deals for
future series and competitions.

31 Mar 2007 19:24:26
arahim
Re: Now here's an idea.......

On Mar 31, 5:51 am, "Tids" <no_s...@forme.com > wrote:
> The Pakistan Cricket Board has responded to the team's early
> elimination from the World Cup by suspending the players' central
> contracts - which will be replaced by performance-based deals for
> future series and competitions.

A terrible idea which shows the persistence of ad hocism in everything
the PCB touches. Let the current one's expire and go on from there. I
wonder what the PCB execs would think if all their perks were
instantaneously stopped.

31 Mar 2007 20:59:14
Re: Now here's an idea.......

On Apr 1, 12:24 pm, "arahim" <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Mar 31, 5:51 am, "Tids" <no_s...@forme.com> wrote:
>
> > The Pakistan Cricket Board has responded to the team's early
> > elimination from the World Cup by suspending the players' central
> > contracts - which will be replaced by performance-based deals for
> > future series and competitions.
>
> A terrible idea which shows the persistence of ad hocism in everything
> the PCB touches. Let the current one's expire and go on from there. I
> wonder what the PCB execs would think if all their perks were
> instantaneously stopped.

Or about to be instantly stopped. I wouldn't say that sort of thing.
Nasty, cynical people could read all sorts of things into it.

Moby

31 Mar 2007 21:05:18
arahim
Re: Now here's an idea.......

On Mar 31, 8:59 pm, M...@unimail.com.au wrote:
> On Apr 1, 12:24 pm, "arahim" <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 31, 5:51 am, "Tids" <no_s...@forme.com> wrote:
>
> > > The Pakistan Cricket Board has responded to the team's early
> > > elimination from the World Cup by suspending the players' central
> > > contracts - which will be replaced by performance-based deals for
> > > future series and competitions.
>
> > A terrible idea which shows the persistence of ad hocism in everything
> > the PCB touches. Let the current one's expire and go on from there. I
> > wonder what the PCB execs would think if all their perks were
> > instantaneously stopped.
>
> Or about to be instantly stopped. I wouldn't say that sort of thing.
> Nasty, cynical people could read all sorts of things into it.

Umm ... didn't get it. But that performance based deal sounds like a
good idea for the PCB Chairman:-)