30 Nov 2007 14:01:39
Mike Holmans
Murali's victims speak

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,00.html

Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests, Mark
Boucher, Grant Flower and Khaled Mashud, on what it's like to face
him. For those who can't be bothered to read it, I can summarise all
three as saying "It's bloody difficult."

Cheers,

Mike

Macjoubert
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Nov 30, 8:01 am, Mike Holmans <m...@jackalope.demon.co.uk > wrote:
> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,...
>
> Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
> people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests, Mark
> Boucher, Grant Flower and Khaled Mashud, on what it's like to face
> him. For those who can't be bothered to read it, I can summarise all
> three as saying "It's bloody difficult."
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike
> --

Wow what an illustrious list of victims! Flower and Mashud!
Amazing Murali it must have 'bloody easy' for you to get them out.

30 Nov 2007 10:40:06
Vig
Re: Murali's victims speak

"Macjoubert" <macjoubert@gmail.com > wrote in message
> Wow what an illustrious list of victims! Flower and Mashud!
> Amazing Murali it must have 'bloody easy' for you to get them out.

Andy Flower was always amongst the best players of spin in his time. He is a
more illustrious victim for a spinner than Boucher IMHO.

Cheers!
--
Vig

30 Nov 2007 15:47:11
Mike Holmans
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:40:06 -0500, "Vig" <vig@gatech.eedeeyoo > tapped
the keyboard and brought forth:

>"Macjoubert" <macjoubert@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Wow what an illustrious list of victims! Flower and Mashud!
>> Amazing Murali it must have 'bloody easy' for you to get them out.
>
>Andy Flower was always amongst the best players of spin in his time. He is a
>more illustrious victim for a spinner than Boucher IMHO.

It's a pity that the interview was with his brother Grant.

Cheers,

Mike

Juan Kerr
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Nov 30, 3:11 pm, Macjoubert <macjoub...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:01 am, Mike Holmans <m...@jackalope.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,...
>
> > Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
> > people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests, Mark
> > Boucher, Grant Flower and Khaled Mashud, on what it's like to face
> > him. For those who can't be bothered to read it, I can summarise all
> > three as saying "It's bloody difficult."
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Mike
> > --
>
> Wow what an illustrious list of victims! Flower and Mashud!
> Amazing Murali it must have 'bloody easy' for you to get them out.

Mashud (I didn't even know who he was) averages 19 in
Tests...........I reckon my gran could probably knock him over a few
times.

I'd suggest the original article was more about pro-English bullshit
than anything else............if Murali's top three victims had been
Ponting, Kallis and Tendulkar it wouldn't have been
published.......but it was in the Grauniad so there you go.

30 Nov 2007 15:36:42
Suresh K S
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Nov 30, 6:01 am, Mike Holmans <m...@jackalope.demon.co.uk > wrote:
> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,...
>
> Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
> people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests,

Really interesting stuff. Many thanks for posting this.

I wonder if they would do a companion piece on the players that played
Murali best. And ask them how they were able to read Murali well.

Who would these - that play Murali well - be?

Lara? Waugh? Gilchrist? If Yuvraj makes it to the test side, he might
be able to take on Murali. A southpaw with good footwork and sharp
eyes.

Suresh

30 Nov 2007 23:57:50
Mike Holmans
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:36:42 -0800 (PST), Suresh K S
<sureshkarathinnai@yahoo.com > tapped the keyboard and brought forth:

>On Nov 30, 6:01 am, Mike Holmans <m...@jackalope.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,...
>>
>> Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
>> people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests,
>
>Really interesting stuff. Many thanks for posting this.
>
>I wonder if they would do a companion piece on the players that played
>Murali best. And ask them how they were able to read Murali well.
>
>Who would these - that play Murali well - be?

Marcus Trescothick is one. Lara is the one Murali found most difficult
to bowl to, though.

Cheers,

Mike

Mad Hamish
Re: Murali's victims speak

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:57:50 +0000, Mike Holmans
<mike@jackalope.demon.co.uk > wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:36:42 -0800 (PST), Suresh K S
><sureshkarathinnai@yahoo.com> tapped the keyboard and brought forth:
>
>>On Nov 30, 6:01 am, Mike Holmans <m...@jackalope.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/englandinsrilanka200708/story/0,,2218687,...
>>>
>>> Today's Guardian has a nice piece featuring interviews with the three
>>> people who have been dismissed by Murali most often in Tests,
>>
>>Really interesting stuff. Many thanks for posting this.
>>
>>I wonder if they would do a companion piece on the players that played
>>Murali best. And ask them how they were able to read Murali well.
>>
>>Who would these - that play Murali well - be?
>
>Marcus Trescothick is one. Lara is the one Murali found most difficult
>to bowl to, though.

he also doesn't seem to have found Hayden, Lehmann, Ponting easy to
bowl to.
--
"Hope is replaced by fear and dreams by survival, most of us get by."
Stuart Adamson 1958-2001

Mad Hamish
Hamish Laws
newsunspammelaws@iinet.unspamme.net.au