28 Sep 2005 21:37:49
Gafoor
Indian cricket Stuff

http://www.hindu.com/2005/09/28/stories/2005092809082100.htm

"Ashish Nehra, who is not too keen on playing Tests, went to
England for rehabilitation after withdrawing from the team in
Zimbabwe after the final of the Videocon Cup."

Was this known before? - that Nehra doesn't want to play tests?
Was his injury because of which he returned home after ODI's
just an excuse? If yes, then why does he have to pretend - he
should be given the chance to just play ODI's if that's what
he wants.


http://prempanix.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-no-leaks.html

From PP's blog -
"Sunny Gavaskar -- and of course, no one has the best
interests of Indian cricket at heart more than he does --
knew all this; knew that players had abused him, threatened
to hit him, conducted team meetings without the coach
(all of this, mind, are what he himself has written in his
columns).

Who is the he here - "he himself has written"?

When did this news comeout that the senior players
where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
earlier?

I read somewhere that Ganguly used to ignore Wright
totally during the last year or so.




28 Sep 2005 09:31:19
Sears Tower
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

"Gafoor" <rrocky@bigfoot.com > wrote in message
news:3pvteoFcggthU1@individual.net...
>
>
> http://prempanix.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-no-leaks.html
>
> From PP's blog -
> "Sunny Gavaskar -- and of course, no one has the best
> interests of Indian cricket at heart more than he does --
> knew all this; knew that players had abused him, threatened
> to hit him, conducted team meetings without the coach
> (all of this, mind, are what he himself has written in his
> columns).
>
> Who is the he here - "he himself has written"?
"Gavaskar" has written .......
The other "he" who was abused, threatened refers to Wright.

>
> When did this news comeout that the senior players
> where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
> earlier?
The Student of Chennai cricket posted this sometime ago.




28 Sep 2005 09:42:23
Paji
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

>When did this news comeout that the senior players
>where ill-treating Wright?

That was reported a few months ago -

Gavaskar has written in a newspaper column that John Wright, former
India's coach, was abused on his face by some Indian players.

http://www.expressindia.com/cricket/fulleistory.php?type=ei&content_id=47171



28 Sep 2005 09:43:03
Paji
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

>When did this news comeout that the senior players
>where ill-treating Wright?

That was reported a few months ago -

Gavaskar has written in a newspaper column that John Wright, former
India's coach, was abused on his face by some Indian players.

http://groups.google.com/group/talkcricket/browse_frm/thread/faf58af57523a48f/69ade9a0e6ec79e4?hl=en#69ade9a0e6ec79e4



28 Sep 2005 12:47:41
Vig
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

Paji wrote:
> abused on his face

Am I a pervert if this brings a horribly vulgar picture to my mind?

Cheers!
--
Vig


28 Sep 2005 10:01:47
Govandi
Re: Indian cricket Stuff


Gafoor wrote:

> When did this news comeout that the senior players
> where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
> earlier?

2 senior players supposedly abused Wright on his face.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1041120/asp/sports/story_4026787.asp
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050524/asp/sports/story_4778811.asp

> I read somewhere that Ganguly used to ignore Wright
> totally during the last year or so.



28 Sep 2005 22:34:36
Gafoor
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

Govandi wrote:
> Gafoor wrote:
>
>> When did this news comeout that the senior players
>> where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
>> earlier?
>
> 2 senior players supposedly abused Wright on his face.
> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1041120/asp/sports/story_4026787.asp
> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050524/asp/sports/story_4778811.asp

Who were the 2 players? Did that ever come out?

>> I read somewhere that Ganguly used to ignore Wright
>> totally during the last year or so.





28 Sep 2005 10:07:43
Govandi
Re: Indian cricket Stuff


Gafoor wrote:
> Govandi wrote:
> > Gafoor wrote:
> >
> >> When did this news comeout that the senior players
> >> where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
> >> earlier?
> >
> > 2 senior players supposedly abused Wright on his face.
> > http://www.telegraphindia.com/1041120/asp/sports/story_4026787.asp
> > http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050524/asp/sports/story_4778811.asp
>
> Who were the 2 players? Did that ever come out?

Dunno. Don't think it did.

> >> I read somewhere that Ganguly used to ignore Wright
> >> totally during the last year or so.



28 Sep 2005 10:10:40
Paji
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

>Who were the 2 players? Did that ever come out?

Some might want to belive it was Dravid and Kumble.
But people in the know claim it was Ganguly and H Singh.



28 Sep 2005 10:15:49
Govandi
Re: Indian cricket Stuff


Paji wrote:

> But people in the know claim it was Ganguly and H Singh.

What's your source for this?



28 Sep 2005 18:14:21
sreekanth
Re: Indian cricket Stuff


"Gafoor" <rrocky@bigfoot.com > wrote in message
news:3q00p6Fci4ieU1@individual.net...
> Govandi wrote:
>> Gafoor wrote:
>>
>>> When did this news comeout that the senior players
>>> where ill-treating Wright? Don't remember seeing it
>>> earlier?
>>
>> 2 senior players supposedly abused Wright on his face.
>> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1041120/asp/sports/story_4026787.asp
>> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050524/asp/sports/story_4778811.asp
>
> Who were the 2 players? Did that ever come out?

I thought one of them was sehwag

Sreekanth

>
>>> I read somewhere that Ganguly used to ignore Wright
>>> totally during the last year or so.
>
>
>




29 Sep 2005 05:33:15
alvey
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:47:41 -0400, Vig wrote:

> Paji wrote:
>> abused on his face
>
> Am I a pervert if this brings a horribly vulgar picture to my mind?

It's not really as bad as it sounds. Wright is a Kiwi and therefore well
used to having his face rubbed in it.



alvey


29 Sep 2005 05:43:35
alvey
Re: Indian cricket Stuff

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:37:49 +0530, Gafoor wrote:

snip
>
> http://prempanix.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-no-leaks.html

Gak! Palm Punisher has a blog!
Bookmark here I come!!!




alvey
in briz, wondering whatever happened to that particularly horrid Indian
jerno...'Anil' iirc....Must get that rss business sorted....Perhaps an rsc
Monthly Award for Jernalist ot Month.... Yep, I'll start that in
October...see thread "New rsc award: Jernalist ot Month."