31 May 2005 20:05:04
lt
Farewell Sachin

Read on at,

http://www.hindustantimes.com/htcricket/14_1383035.htm

"Most of Chowdhry's clients come in search of matrimonial matches and to
solve their employment problems. But a number of them also come to find the
outcome of a cricket match or a series,"
-------

lt
[Is there nothing to write about these days ?]

31 May 2005 20:06:03
lt
Re: Farewell Sachin

oops bad form following my earlier post.

Didnt realize Shariq beat me to it.

lt

01 Jun 2005 06:33:16
RJ
Re: Farewell Sachin

Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits and
is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that Sachin has
Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at the top!!!

The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!

RJ

01 Jun 2005 06:36:32
RJ
Re: Farewell Sachin

Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits and
is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that Sachin has
Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at the top!!!

The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!

RJ

01 Jun 2005 06:37:31
RJ
Re: Farewell Sachin

Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits and
is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that Sachin has
Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at the top!!!

The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!

RJ

01 Jun 2005 09:01:58
lt
Re: Farewell Sachin

"RJ" <ram.jaane@rediffmail.com > wrote in message
> Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
> will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
> Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits and
> is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that Sachin has
> Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at the top!!!

SRK in RSC ???

> The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
> once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!

Sure thing. The funny thing here is that I saw this article in HT while
Shariq had a link to BBC. Well, now why BBC considers this credible is a
different matter. Maybe it has to do with the success of Peer Syed Sahib,
Pundit Maharaj, Chamunda Swami and Ajmeri Baba in the UK. Apparently one of
these has also been awarded the World's Best Clairvoyant award. That's
interesting.

lt

> RJ

01 Jun 2005 07:05:20
Chacko
Re: Farewell Sachin

Offo... he is a PAK astrologer
Chacko

01 Jun 2005 20:09:34
Shishir S. Pathak
Re: Farewell Sachin

"lt" <ltusenet_nospam@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> oops bad form following my earlier post.
>
> Didnt realize Shariq beat me to it.

When it comes to gossip re. Indian cricket, Shariq will always beat you (or
anyone else) to it. Ditto Vinay and Pak cricket.

They really should get together and have a meal of mutton biriyani and
khaman dhoklas at Shalimar's in Bay Area.

Cheers, Shishir

01 Jun 2005 20:14:38

> "RJ" <ram.jaane@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
>> will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
>> Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits and
>> is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that Sachin has
>> Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at the top!!!
>
> SRK in RSC ???
>

>> The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
>> once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!
>
> Sure thing. The funny thing here is that I saw this article in HT while
> Shariq had a link to BBC. Well, now why BBC considers this credible is a
> different matter.

Probably inserted by a disgruntled BBC staffer to protest against the
management's plan to make 4000+ employees redundant.

Cheers, Shishir

<snip >

01 Jun 2005 13:00:13
Master Chief
Re: Farewell Sachin

Shishir S. Pathak wrote:
> "lt" <ltusenet_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Sure thing. The funny thing here is that I saw this article in HT while
> > Shariq had a link to BBC. Well, now why BBC considers this credible is a
> > different matter.
>
> Probably inserted by a disgruntled BBC staffer to protest against the
> management's plan to make 4000+ employees redundant.
>
> Cheers, Shishir

You sound like you think we can ALWAYS trust BBC to filter out
something that is not credible.

Did you hear about the recent "Lions and 42 midgets fight"?

BBC published this (They did, really):
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm

This was later found to be spread on the internet by a prankster from
Atlanta. Sounds like most of those made redundant were from
"Credibility check" department.

01 Jun 2005 22:01:21
Shishir S. Pathak
Re: Farewell Sachin

"Master Chief" <susenets2@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> Shishir S. Pathak wrote:
>> "lt" <ltusenet_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> > Sure thing. The funny thing here is that I saw this article in HT while
>> > Shariq had a link to BBC. Well, now why BBC considers this credible is
>> > different matter.
>>
>> Probably inserted by a disgruntled BBC staffer to protest against the
>> management's plan to make 4000+ employees redundant.
>>
>> Cheers, Shishir
>
> You sound like you think we can ALWAYS trust BBC to filter out
> something that is not credible.

Where did I say that?

Cheers, Shishir

<snip >

01 Jun 2005 14:41:34
Master Chief
Re: Farewell Sachin

Shishir S. Pathak wrote:
> "Master Chief" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Shishir S. Pathak wrote:
> >> "lt" <ltusenet_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Probably inserted by a disgruntled BBC staffer to protest against the
> >> management's plan to make 4000+ employees redundant.
> >>
> >> Cheers, Shishir
> >
> > You sound like you think we can ALWAYS trust BBC to filter out
> > something that is not credible.
>
> Where did I say that?
>
> Cheers, Shishir

That "you" was more for lt and less for Shishir. He was wondering why
something that is not credible was on BBC ..

01 Jun 2005 19:11:48

> That "you" was more for lt and less for Shishir. He was wondering why
> something that is not credible was on BBC ..

I have found them relatively more consistent with their stories, the odd
goof notwithstanding.
It's one website I visit more often.

lt

02 Jun 2005 11:23:26
Gafoor
Re: Farewell Sachin

RJ wrote:
> Yeah, it was told in 2002 by astrologers in India that Shah Rukh Khan
> will have his career ended because of his back injury and that Hrithik
> Roshan will be on top. Since 2003, SRK has given a plethora of hits
> and is clearly seated at the top. At that time it was said that
> Sachin has Rajayoga in his horocope and that he will always remain at
> the top!!!
>
> The funny thing is that these astrologers fast disappear into oblivion
> once their predictions becom wrong which is in 99% of the cases!!!

There were tons of astrologers who predicted that John Kerry would
win the elections, because he has Rajya Yog going on.
This was also shown in "Countdown with Keith Olberman" at that
time.

02 Jun 2005 12:32:50
Gafoor
Re: Farewell Sachin

Master Chief wrote:
> BBC published this (They did, really):
> http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm
>
> This was later found to be spread on the internet by a prankster from
> Atlanta. Sounds like most of those made redundant were from
> "Credibility check" department.

A variation of this article
http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/74409.html
was once published in "Asian Age" as real news.

02 Jun 2005 09:36:03
Master Chief
Re: Farewell Sachin

lt wrote:
> "Master Chief" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > That "you" was more for lt and less for Shishir. He was wondering why
> > something that is not credible was on BBC ..
> >

> I have found them relatively more consistent with their stories, the odd
> goof notwithstanding.
> It's one website I visit more often.
>
> lt

[AB Post]

Note: I have started replacing "OT" with "AB" as they are synonymous.

Damn..sounds like both of you took my comments seriously. I was just
kidding, even that midget story is not supposed to be from BBC but a
lot of agencies bought it. In fact, one guy in a local newspaper mocked
BBC for not doing the research before publishing it. Little did he know
that it was he who had not done the research. The best part was the
next day, a friend heard this on Howard Stern Show. He told everyone at
work about it and refused to believe that it was a fake one since
Howard read the story from NYT. He even started downloading a torrent
of the video.

Anyway, this thread is not meant to be serious thread anyway :)

PS: The word "Anyway" has been used twice in the last sentence as a
bait for ..