31 Dec 2006 22:57:44
vignes1961@hotmail.com
Dravid is playing for a wrong team?

ODIs:
Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50
Dravid 302 281 35 9762 153 39.68 70.43 12 73
Another 261 255 29 9411 164 41.64 79.25 20 55

Tests:
Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50
Dravid 106 180 22 9098 270 57.58 23 46
Another 109 182 25 9323 257 59.38 33 36

Converting half-centuries into centuries is the main difference, and
there is a moderate difference in ODI strike rate.

Vicky:
[But, wining the matches for his country?]



31 Dec 2006 23:25:14
Hey Jude
Re: Dravid is playing for a wrong team?


vignes1961@hotmail.com wrote:
> ODIs:
> Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50
> Dravid 302 281 35 9762 153 39.68 70.43 12 73
> Another 261 255 29 9411 164 41.64 79.25 20 55
>
> Tests:
> Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50
> Dravid 106 180 22 9098 270 57.58 23 46
> Another 109 182 25 9323 257 59.38 33 36
>
> Converting half-centuries into centuries is the main difference, and
> there is a moderate difference in ODI strike rate.
>
> Vicky:
> [But, wining the matches for his country?]

The above stats are missing a vital component, strike rate in tests,
where Another has an almost 50% advantage over Dravid. This staggering
difference is just a reflection of their respective abilities

I doubt team for which Another plays for would ever consider a batsman
like Dravid for the pivotal one down position, which is responsible for
driving the momentum of the innings. It would result in the collapse of
the whole philosophy of playing positive, meaningful cricket to WIN
matches, instead of just occupying the crease for sake of it



01 Jan 2007 07:59:09
Wog George
Re: Dravid is playing for a wrong team?


"Hey Jude" <hey_jude_2006@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:1167636313.980336.44490@n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> vignes1961@hotmail.com wrote:
>> ODIs:
>> Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50
>> Dravid 302 281 35 9762 153 39.68 70.43 12 73
>> Another 261 255 29 9411 164 41.64 79.25 20 55
>>
>> Tests:
>> Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50
>> Dravid 106 180 22 9098 270 57.58 23 46
>> Another 109 182 25 9323 257 59.38 33 36
>>
>> Converting half-centuries into centuries is the main difference, and
>> there is a moderate difference in ODI strike rate.
>>
>> Vicky:
>> [But, wining the matches for his country?]
>
> The above stats are missing a vital component, strike rate in tests,
> where Another has an almost 50% advantage over Dravid. This staggering
> difference is just a reflection of their respective abilities
>

It's actually less than 40%, but hey...

> I doubt team for which Another plays for would ever consider a batsman
> like Dravid for the pivotal one down position, which is responsible for
> driving the momentum of the innings. It would result in the collapse of
> the whole philosophy of playing positive, meaningful cricket to WIN
> matches, instead of just occupying the crease for sake of it
>




01 Jan 2007 00:22:08
V
Re: Dravid is playing for a wrong team?


vignes1961@hotmail.com wrote:
> ODIs:
> Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50
> Dravid 302 281 35 9762 153 39.68 70.43 12 73
> Another 261 255 29 9411 164 41.64 79.25 20 55

A ten run difference in 100 balls is equal to a 30 run difference in 50
overs. Not only that, that enables the batsmen to rotate strike
frequently.