30 Nov 2004 13:06:10
Vijay Kumar K
Cricket in a US broadsheet

A very brief snippet
"Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who once
inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit a
ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."

Vijay

01 Dec 2004 13:02:29
Cozmo
Re: Cricket in a US broadsheet

On 30 Nov 2004 13:06:10 -0800, Vijay Kumar K wrote:

> A very brief snippet
> "Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who once
> inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit a
> ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."
>
> Vijay

Rubbish. I believe they both lived.

Coz

01 Dec 2004 15:41:48
alvey

Cozmo wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2004 13:06:10 -0800, Vijay Kumar K wrote:
>

>>A very brief snippet
>>"Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who once
>>inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit a
>>ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."
>>
>>Vijay
>

> Rubbish. I believe they both lived.

Bit hard to tell the difference in Adelaide...

alvey
in briz, roaming.

01 Dec 2004 10:30:17
Robbert ter Hart
Re: Cricket in a US broadsheet

"Vijay Kumar K" <vijaykumark@my-deja.com > schreef in bericht
> A very brief snippet
> "Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who once
> inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit a
> ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."
>
> Vijay

Oooh, I still have a clip of that Randy Johnson pitch. It is brilliant! Poor
bird, didn't know what hit him...

RtH

01 Dec 2004 23:01:44
Andrew Dunford

"Robbert ter Hart" <rterhart@spj.nl > wrote in message

> "Vijay Kumar K" <vijaykumark@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
> > A very brief snippet
> > "Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who
once
> > inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit
> > ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."
> >
> > Vijay
>
> Oooh, I still have a clip of that Randy Johnson pitch. It is brilliant!
Poor
> bird, didn't know what hit him...

The Adelaide Oval is a dangerous place for seagulls: ISTR Geoff Howarth
taking one out with a straight drive during the 1980/81 tour. Mind you,
Howarth hardly needed to hit it with a ball - his breath would have achieved
the same result.

Meanwhile, the two seagulls hit by Langer have been signed up by NZ as
emergency fieldsmen for the odo series. A damn sight more effective than
the slip cordon.

Andrew

01 Dec 2004 11:38:56
Ted Maul

"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net > wrote in message news:<GEgrd.13287$3U4.271981@news02.tsnz.net>...
> "Robbert ter Hart" <rterhart@spj.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "Vijay Kumar K" <vijaykumark@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
> > > A very brief snippet
> > > "Australian cricket player Justin Langer one-upped Randy Johnson, who
> once
> > > inadvertantly killed a passing bird with a pitch. On Sunday, Langer hit
> > > ball that struck two seagulls, killing both."
> > >
> > > Vijay
> >
> > Oooh, I still have a clip of that Randy Johnson pitch. It is brilliant!
> Poor
> > bird, didn't know what hit him...
>
> The Adelaide Oval is a dangerous place for seagulls: ISTR Geoff Howarth
> taking one out with a straight drive during the 1980/81 tour. Mind you,
> Howarth hardly needed to hit it with a ball - his breath would have achieved
> the same result.
>
> Meanwhile, the two seagulls hit by Langer have been signed up by NZ as
> emergency fieldsmen for the odo series. A damn sight more effective than
> the slip cordon.
>
> Andrew

More seagulls than spectators in godforsaken Adelaide.

See you in Johannesburg 13-27 Jan 2005 - The Maulster