31 Mar 2007 09:29:34
guptatribe@comcast.net
April 6th Meeting should decide the following for the Indian Cricket.....

I propose:

Fire Sharad Pawar and Hire an MBA to run BCCI. BCCI has been
mismanaged for too long and finally we saw the result.

Fire selection committee and hire paid professional to select team
based on performance only. This honorary committee with zonal quotas
has not worked!!!

Fire coaching staff and hire Sandeep Patil as head coach along with
other support staff.

DROP all 12 players who played in WC for good from all form of cricket
and select a pool of about 20-25 youngsters (maximum age 25).

START FRESH.

RG

31 Mar 2007 15:26:41
Dipak Basu
Re: April 6th Meeting should decide the following for the Indian Cricket.....

<guptatribe@comcast.net > wrote in message
>I propose:
>
> Fire Sharad Pawar and Hire an MBA to run BCCI. BCCI has been
> mismanaged for too long and finally we saw the result.
>
> Fire selection committee and hire paid professional to select team
> based on performance only. This honorary committee with zonal quotas
> has not worked!!!
>
> Fire coaching staff and hire Sandeep Patil as head coach along with
> other support staff.
>
> DROP all 12 players who played in WC for good from all form of cricket
> and select a pool of about 20-25 youngsters (maximum age 25).
>
> START FRESH.

In what way? What prevents the 20-25 youngsters going the way of their
predecessors?

DB.

31 Mar 2007 15:56:47
Sanjiv Karmarkar
Re: April 6th Meeting should decide the following for the Indian Cricket.....

On Mar 31, 12:29 pm, "guptatr...@comcast.net" <guptatr...@comcast.net >
wrote:

> Fire Sharad Pawar and Hire an MBA to run BCCI. BCCI has been
> mismanaged for too long and finally we saw the result.

BCCI is already has couple of MBAs, MBAs from top biz schools as a
matter of fact. That's why BCCI as business is an extremely
successful one. It's the players that are crap.

Besides Sharad Pawar is simply a figurehead, even by his own
admission. BCCI is run by two very shrewd businessmen.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

01 Apr 2007 08:51:11
Fish Womper
Re: April 6th Meeting should decide the following for the Indian Cricket.....

On 31 Mar 2007 15:56:47 -0700, "Sanjiv Karmarkar"
<s_karmarkar@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Mar 31, 12:29 pm, "guptatr...@comcast.net" <guptatr...@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Fire Sharad Pawar and Hire an MBA to run BCCI. BCCI has been
>> mismanaged for too long and finally we saw the result.
>
>BCCI is already has couple of MBAs, MBAs from top biz schools as a
>matter of fact. That's why BCCI as business is an extremely
>successful one. It's the players that are crap.

Running the sport of cricket in India in this age of electronic media
is a licence to print money. It would take breathtakingly poor
management, and then some, for this to not be an extremely successful
business.

BCCI makes money hand over fist despite the way it is run, not because
of it.

fish

>Besides Sharad Pawar is simply a figurehead, even by his own
>admission. BCCI is run by two very shrewd businessmen.
>
>Sanjiv Karmarkar

01 Apr 2007 12:26:00
Sanjiv Karmarkar

On Apr 1, 4:51 am, x...@x.x (Fish Womper) wrote:

> Running the sport of cricket in India in this age of electronic media
> is a licence to print money. It would take breathtakingly poor
> management, and then some, for this to not be an extremely successful
> business.

That's what they say about all successful business ventures *after*
they are have succeeded.

SK

01 Apr 2007 22:59:12
Fish Womper
Re: April 6th Meeting should decide the following for the Indian Cricket.....

On 1 Apr 2007 12:26:00 -0700, "Sanjiv Karmarkar"
<s_karmarkar@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Apr 1, 4:51 am, x...@x.x (Fish Womper) wrote:
>
>> Running the sport of cricket in India in this age of electronic media
>> is a licence to print money. It would take breathtakingly poor
>> management, and then some, for this to not be an extremely successful
>> business.
>
>That's what they say about all successful business ventures *after*
>they are have succeeded.
>
>SK

Ah well mate, its your money they are gouging not mine. I hope you are
receiving good value for it.

fish

01 Apr 2007 20:35:32
guptatribe@comcast.net

On Mar 31, 3:26 pm, "Dipak Basu" <d...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> <guptatr...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >I propose:
>
> > Fire Sharad Pawar and Hire an MBA to run BCCI. BCCI has been
> > mismanaged for too long and finally we saw the result.
>
> > Fire selection committee and hire paid professional to select team
> > based on performance only. This honorary committee with zonal quotas
> > has not worked!!!
>
> > Fire coaching staff and hire Sandeep Patil as head coach along with
> > other support staff.
>
> > DROP all 12 players who played in WC for good from all form of cricket
> > and select a pool of about 20-25 youngsters (maximum age 25).
>
> > START FRESH.
>
> In what way? What prevents the 20-25 youngsters going the way of their
> predecessors?

They can not do any worst thatn their predecessors..........they can
only better them!!!

01 Apr 2007 21:01:45
Sanjiv Karmarkar

On Apr 1, 6:59 pm, x...@x.x (Fish Womper) wrote:

> Ah well mate, its your money they are gouging not mine. I hope you are
> receiving good value for it.
>
> fish

Oh, you're paying alright; you just don't know it. (-:

SK