31 Dec 2003 08:48:26
Prabhu Rangarajan
Agarkar vs Attapattu

Is Agarkar(batsman) outshine Attapattu?

9 ducks in 30 innings as against Marvan's Test career start of
0,0,0,1,0,0 spread over 3 yrs. Interestingly Attapattu in his maiden
series in India I think had a couple more 0s in the tour games.

However did well in his 6th yr(1996 sharjah cup) and Aggy is
approaching that phase soon.

Can we expect Aggy to turn the corner from now on?

Cheers and Happy New year,
Prabhu

PS: Recollect 9th Std days in Nov 26 1990, a week after the Chandigarh
test, when the results of a killer Physics Test came out and my class
of 52 had 12 chaps 'scoring' 0s. A backbencher sighed, "Nothing comes
easy in life, not even an Attapattu Award".

31 Dec 2003 15:57:31
suresh kumar
Re: Agarkar vs Attapattu

prabhu_r77@hotmail.com (Prabhu Rangarajan) wrote in message news:<b0325b5a.0312310848.63c5fc04@posting.google.com >...
> Is Agarkar(batsman) outshine Attapattu?
>
> 9 ducks in 30 innings as against Marvan's Test career start of
> 0,0,0,1,0,0 spread over 3 yrs. Interestingly Attapattu in his maiden
> series in India I think had a couple more 0s in the tour games.
>
> However did well in his 6th yr(1996 sharjah cup) and Aggy is
> approaching that phase soon.
>
> Can we expect Aggy to turn the corner from now on?
>
> Cheers and Happy New year,
> Prabhu
>
> PS: Recollect 9th Std days in Nov 26 1990, a week after the Chandigarh
> test, when the results of a killer Physics Test came out and my class
> of 52 had 12 chaps 'scoring' 0s. A backbencher sighed, "Nothing comes
> easy in life, not even an Attapattu Award".

It is fairly clear that you are an idiot who knows bugger all about
cricket. To even compare atapattu and agarkar is an insult to
batsmanship. Let me re-iterate ;Atapattu is a class act; Agarkar is a
bowler, has potential tobe a useful tailender and no more.
-SKumar

01 Jan 2004 08:07:02
Aravind
Re: Agarkar vs Attapattu

suresh kumar <cricket_48103@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
> prabhu_r77@hotmail.com (Prabhu Rangarajan) wrote in message
news:<b0325b5a.0312310848.63c5fc04@posting.google.com >...
> > Is Agarkar(batsman) outshine Attapattu?
> >
> > 9 ducks in 30 innings as against Marvan's Test career start of
> > 0,0,0,1,0,0 spread over 3 yrs. Interestingly Attapattu in his maiden
> > series in India I think had a couple more 0s in the tour games.
> >
> > However did well in his 6th yr(1996 sharjah cup) and Aggy is
> > approaching that phase soon.
> >
> > Can we expect Aggy to turn the corner from now on?
> >
> > Cheers and Happy New year,
> > Prabhu
> >
> > PS: Recollect 9th Std days in Nov 26 1990, a week after the Chandigarh
> > test, when the results of a killer Physics Test came out and my class
> > of 52 had 12 chaps 'scoring' 0s. A backbencher sighed, "Nothing comes
> > easy in life, not even an Attapattu Award".
>

> It is fairly clear that you are an idiot who knows bugger all about
> cricket. To even compare atapattu and agarkar is an insult to
> batsmanship. Let me re-iterate ;Atapattu is a class act; Agarkar is a
> bowler, has potential tobe a useful tailender and no more.
> -SKumar

I can't believe you got agitated over the post.Prabhu was basically hoping
that Agarkar would score some runs.He believes Agarkar as the potential to
score runs regularly.30 s and 20s regularly would be good for India.Just as
Atapattu had the potential to score 100s and 50s regularly and realised his
potential after a bad start to his career Prabhu was hoping Agarkar would
score some runs regularly for India.
Aravind

02 Jan 2004 10:43:27
Prabhu Rangarajan
Re: Agarkar vs Attapattu

"Aravind" <arvind_c_98@yahoo.com > wrote in message news:<bt2cs9$2dvj9$2@ID-206258.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> suresh kumar <cricket_48103@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > prabhu_r77@hotmail.com (Prabhu Rangarajan) wrote in message
> > > Is Agarkar(batsman) outshine Attapattu?
> > >
> > > 9 ducks in 30 innings as against Marvan's Test career start of
> > > 0,0,0,1,0,0 spread over 3 yrs. Interestingly Attapattu in his maiden
> > > series in India I think had a couple more 0s in the tour games.
> > >
> > > However did well in his 6th yr(1996 sharjah cup) and Aggy is
> > > approaching that phase soon.
> > >
> > > Can we expect Aggy to turn the corner from now on?
> > >
> > > Cheers and Happy New year,
> > > Prabhu
> > >
> > > PS: Recollect 9th Std days in Nov 26 1990, a week after the Chandigarh
> > > test, when the results of a killer Physics Test came out and my class
> > > of 52 had 12 chaps 'scoring' 0s. A backbencher sighed, "Nothing comes
> > > easy in life, not even an Attapattu Award".
> >

> > It is fairly clear that you are an idiot who knows bugger all about
> > cricket. To even compare atapattu and agarkar is an insult to
> > batsmanship. Let me re-iterate ;Atapattu is a class act; Agarkar is a
> > bowler, has potential tobe a useful tailender and no more.
> > -SKumar
>
> I can't believe you got agitated over the post.Prabhu was basically hoping
> that Agarkar would score some runs.He believes Agarkar as the potential to
> score runs regularly.30 s and 20s regularly would be good for India.Just as
> Atapattu had the potential to score 100s and 50s regularly and realised his
> potential after a bad start to his career Prabhu was hoping Agarkar would
> score some runs regularly for India.
> Aravind

Leave it, if he's a lankan, then he'd say Anurasiri=Bradman and not
just coz of the first name!

03 Jan 2004 07:44:49
Ananda Wijepala
Re: Agarkar vs Attapattu

"Prabhu Rangarajan" <prabhu_r77@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> "Aravind" <arvind_c_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:<bt2cs9$2dvj9$2@ID-206258.news.uni-berlin.de >...
> > suresh kumar <cricket_48103@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > prabhu_r77@hotmail.com (Prabhu Rangarajan) wrote in message

Chandigarh

> > > It is fairly clear that you are an idiot who knows bugger all about
> > > cricket. To even compare atapattu and agarkar is an insult to
> > > batsmanship. Let me re-iterate ;Atapattu is a class act; Agarkar is a
> > > bowler, has potential tobe a useful tailender and no more.
> > > -SKumar
> >
> > I can't believe you got agitated over the post.Prabhu was basically
hoping
> > that Agarkar would score some runs.He believes Agarkar as the potential
> > score runs regularly.30 s and 20s regularly would be good for India.Just
as
> > Atapattu had the potential to score 100s and 50s regularly and realised
his
> > potential after a bad start to his career Prabhu was hoping Agarkar
would
> > score some runs regularly for India.
> > Aravind
>
> Leave it, if he's a lankan, then he'd say Anurasiri=Bradman and not
> just coz of the first name!

Both Anurasiri and Bradman were selectors.

Ananda