30 Oct 2004 20:56:53
Fran
Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.

Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?

His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
course.

FRAN

31 Oct 2004 10:47:15
CiL
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

On 30 Oct 2004 20:56:53 -0700, franbarlow@mail.com (Fran) wrote:

>100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
>Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
>brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
>His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
>course.
>
>FRAN

Damyn Martyn is a superstar

31 Oct 2004 16:41:16
Conehead

Fran <franbarlow@mail.com > wrote in message
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

It was brilliant, bowling always looks crap when the batsman is so well on
top.

Brad Haddin is well on the way to a run-a-ball ton, too.

--
Conehead

31 Oct 2004 18:31:16
Will
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

It really was the batters day today.

Haddin - 120 (110), batted very well, i think he could have won it for the
Blues if he had stayed in.

but Voges, what an innings! one of the best displays of aggressive batting i
have seen in a while.
Macgill bowled a few full tosses and Voges just whacked them for six.

"Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com > wrote in message
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

31 Oct 2004 18:44:42
gco0307
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

Very good knock but was at North Sydney Oval which can best be described as
on the small side.

Mind you, he has to get himself into the right position etc to play the
shot.

From what I saw (which was not much) it looked like one of those innings
where everything goes right (much like John Davidson for Canada in teh World
Cup against West Indies)

Garry
"Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com > wrote in message
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

31 Oct 2004 21:47:07
Jason Derby
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

"Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com > wrote in message
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

Didn't see the knock but North Sydney Oval must be the smallest ground used
in domestic cricket. It's a hop, skip and a jump from the 30m circle to the
fence and then they put a rope in!

Regards,
Jason

01 Nov 2004 01:01:50
Mad Hamish
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:44:42 +1100, "gco0307" <gco0307@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>Very good knock but was at North Sydney Oval which can best be described as
>on the small side.
>
>Mind you, he has to get himself into the right position etc to play the
>shot.
>
>From what I saw (which was not much) it looked like one of those innings
>where everything goes right (much like John Davidson for Canada in teh World
>Cup against West Indies)

True, but on a larger ground
a) he'd have gotten more 2s and 3s
b) he probably wouldn't have been trying to clear the boundary as
often.
as I recall his chart he was rather leg side dominant but he did hit a
couple nicely through the off-side.

31 Oct 2004 14:47:27
kenhiggs8

"Jason Derby" <shadow007@iinet.net.au > wrote in message news:<4184ed5b$0$31914$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>...
> "Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com> wrote in message
> > 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
> >
> > Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> > brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
> >
> > His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> > course.
> >
> > FRAN
>
> Didn't see the knock but North Sydney Oval must be the smallest ground used
> in domestic cricket. It's a hop, skip and a jump from the 30m circle to the
> fence and then they put a rope in!
>
> Regards,
> Jason

I'll 2nd that.

N.Sydney Oval is a lovely spot, it's been beautifully renovated and is
as picturesque as they come.

But it is very small for cricket.
Every time they have a NSW match there, someone comes away with a fast
50/100.
It used to be a good place to watch the Bears, though.

It's a bit like those ultra fast tons of Jayasuriya and Afridi scored
in Singapore which are, in the greater scheme of things, a bit
suspect.
I don't mean to be too harsh on the batsmen, as sometimes it is
certainly your day, and you still have to go for it, but if you're
hitting the ball well, at grounds like that it is almost routine to
clear the ropes.

Danny Lawhore

Fran wrote:
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

I think he's related to Hoges.

31 Oct 2004 21:59:52
Fran

kenhiggs8@hotmail.com (kenhiggs8) wrote in message news:<6af2bb1.0410311447.220bb2bc@posting.google.com >...
> "Jason Derby" <shadow007@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:<4184ed5b$0$31914$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>...
> > "Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com> wrote in message
> > > 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
> > >
> > > Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> > > brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
> > >
> > > His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> > > course.
> > >
> > > FRAN
> >
> > Didn't see the knock but North Sydney Oval must be the smallest ground used
> > in domestic cricket. It's a hop, skip and a jump from the 30m circle to the
> > fence and then they put a rope in!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jason
>
> I'll 2nd that.
>
> N.Sydney Oval is a lovely spot, it's been beautifully renovated and is
> as picturesque as they come.
>
> But it is very small for cricket.
> Every time they have a NSW match there, someone comes away with a fast
> 50/100.
> It used to be a good place to watch the Bears, though.
>
> It's a bit like those ultra fast tons of Jayasuriya and Afridi scored
> in Singapore which are, in the greater scheme of things, a bit
> suspect.
> I don't mean to be too harsh on the batsmen, as sometimes it is
> certainly your day, and you still have to go for it, but if you're
> hitting the ball well, at grounds like that it is almost routine to
> clear the ropes.

I recall Wayne Holdsworth hitting 49 from 19 there. I think all 19
strokes were the same hoik to cow corner, even though the wagon wheel
showed the ball going everywhere.

Symonds hit one on to the other side of Walker street from one end,
and then cleared Miller St from the other in another game.

01 Nov 2004 23:32:08
**MattO**

Fran wrote:
> 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
>
> Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
>
> His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> course.
>
> FRAN

He was playing a side who shouldn't have FC status on current form.

02 Nov 2004 13:52:35
Andrew Dunford
Re: Adam Voges astonishing IMG knock

"Fran" <franbarlow@mail.com > wrote in message

<snip >

Why would Voges want to knock IMG? Actually I'm surprised he even has an
agent, given that he's barely played at first-class level.

Andrew

03 Nov 2004 00:25:13
Fran

**MattO** <premiers@canterbury.2004 > wrote in message news:<41862cbb$0$21870$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>...
> Fran wrote:
> > 100 not out (62), the last 50 from 24 deliveries.
> >
> > Anyone see it? Was the bowling crap, the batting lucky, was he just
> > brilliant, or was it a combination of all three?
> >
> > His current average doesn't say very much but it is early days of
> > course.
> >
> > FRAN
>
> He was playing a side who shouldn't have FC status on current form.

And that side led by 282 runs on the first ininngs in the Pura Cup ...
so what was that you were saying?