31 May 2005 06:39:36
Aslam Siddiqui
90 & 100 in the same Test

Here is a list of players who have scored a century and in the nineties
in the same Test match:

93 & 106 PA Gibb Eng v SAf Johannesburg(1) 1938-39
125 & 97 PGV van der Bijl SAf v Eng Durban(5) 1938-39
109 & 96 CG Borde Ind v WI Delhi 1958-59
114 & 97 MC Cowdrey Eng v WI Kingston 1959-60
101 & 94 KF Barrington Eng v Aus Sydney(5) 1962-63
104 & 93 Hanif Mohammad Pak v Aus Melbourne 1964-65
92 & 108 RM Cowper Aus v Ind Adelaide 1967-68
152 & 95* GStA Sobers Eng v WI Georgetown 1967-68
95 & 168 SM Nurse WI v NZ Auckland 1968-69
101 & 96 APE Knott Eng v NZ Auckland 1970-71
99 & 112 G Boycott Eng v WI Port-of-Spain(5)1973-74
93 & 107 CG Greenidge WI v Ind Bangalore 1974-75
90 & 100 M Amarnath Ind v Aus Perth 1977-78
122 & 97 PM Toohey Aus v WI Kingston 1977-78
176 & 96 Zaheer Abbas Pak v Ind Faisalabad 1978-79
94 & 101* Mohsin Khan Pak v Ind Lahore 1982-83
98* & 100* AR Border Aus v WI Port-of-Spain 1983-84
111 & 94 LRD Mendis SL v Eng Lord's 1984
96 & 123 PA de Silva SL v NZ Auckland 1990-91
94 & 136 Saeed Anwar Pak v SL Colombo(PSS) 1994-95
94* & 118 MA Atherton Eng v NZ Christchurch 1996-97
334* & 92 MA Taylor Aus v Pak Peshawar 1998-99
91 & 149* Younis Khan Pak v NZ Auckland 2000-01
91 & 122 BC Lara WI v Aus Port-of-Spain 2002-03
92 & 150* JH Kallis SAf v NZ Hamilton 2003-04
93 & 101 MH Richardson NZ v Eng Lord's 2004
128* & 97* S Chanderpaul WI v Eng Lord's 2004
114 & 97 DR Martyn Aus v Ind Nagpur 2004-05
191 & 97 JC Langer Aus v Pak Perth 2004-05
126 & 94* AJ Strauss Eng v SAf Port Elizabeth 2004-05
161 & 98 HH Gibbs SAf v Eng Johannesburg 2004-05
92 & 109 AB de Villiers SAf v Eng Pretoria 2004-05
92 & 153* S Chanderpaul WI v Pak Bridgetown 2005

Notes:
1. Only seven of the above were able to achieve the next level -
century in both innings of a Test match. They are Hanif, Sobers,
Greenidge, Border, Mendis, de Silva and Lara.

2. Gibb and Greenidge were making their Test debuts.

3. Hanif, Sobers, Mendis, Atherton, Taylor, Lara and Chanderpaul were
captains of their sides at that time.

aslam
GO CUBS!!!



31 May 2005 13:22:33
Afzal A. Khan
Re: 90 & 100 in the same Test

Aslam Siddiqui wrote:
> Here is a list of players who have scored a century and in the nineties
> in the same Test match:
>
> 93 & 106 PA Gibb Eng v SAf Johannesburg(1) 1938-39
> 125 & 97 PGV van der Bijl SAf v Eng Durban(5) 1938-39
> 109 & 96 CG Borde Ind v WI Delhi 1958-59
> 114 & 97 MC Cowdrey Eng v WI Kingston 1959-60
> 101 & 94 KF Barrington Eng v Aus Sydney(5) 1962-63
> 104 & 93 Hanif Mohammad Pak v Aus Melbourne 1964-65
> 92 & 108 RM Cowper Aus v Ind Adelaide 1967-68
> 152 & 95* GStA Sobers Eng v WI Georgetown 1967-68
> 95 & 168 SM Nurse WI v NZ Auckland 1968-69
> 101 & 96 APE Knott Eng v NZ Auckland 1970-71
> 99 & 112 G Boycott Eng v WI Port-of-Spain(5)1973-74
> 93 & 107 CG Greenidge WI v Ind Bangalore 1974-75
> 90 & 100 M Amarnath Ind v Aus Perth 1977-78
> 122 & 97 PM Toohey Aus v WI Kingston 1977-78
> 176 & 96 Zaheer Abbas Pak v Ind Faisalabad 1978-79
> 94 & 101* Mohsin Khan Pak v Ind Lahore 1982-83
> 98* & 100* AR Border Aus v WI Port-of-Spain 1983-84
> 111 & 94 LRD Mendis SL v Eng Lord's 1984
> 96 & 123 PA de Silva SL v NZ Auckland 1990-91
> 94 & 136 Saeed Anwar Pak v SL Colombo(PSS) 1994-95
> 94* & 118 MA Atherton Eng v NZ Christchurch 1996-97
> 334* & 92 MA Taylor Aus v Pak Peshawar 1998-99
> 91 & 149* Younis Khan Pak v NZ Auckland 2000-01
> 91 & 122 BC Lara WI v Aus Port-of-Spain 2002-03
> 92 & 150* JH Kallis SAf v NZ Hamilton 2003-04
> 93 & 101 MH Richardson NZ v Eng Lord's 2004
> 128* & 97* S Chanderpaul WI v Eng Lord's 2004
> 114 & 97 DR Martyn Aus v Ind Nagpur 2004-05
> 191 & 97 JC Langer Aus v Pak Perth 2004-05
> 126 & 94* AJ Strauss Eng v SAf Port Elizabeth 2004-05
> 161 & 98 HH Gibbs SAf v Eng Johannesburg 2004-05
> 92 & 109 AB de Villiers SAf v Eng Pretoria 2004-05
> 92 & 153* S Chanderpaul WI v Pak Bridgetown 2005
>
> Notes:
> 1. Only seven of the above were able to achieve the next level -
> century in both innings of a Test match. They are Hanif, Sobers,
> Greenidge, Border, Mendis, de Silva and Lara.
>
> 2. Gibb and Greenidge were making their Test debuts.
>
> 3. Hanif, Sobers, Mendis, Atherton, Taylor, Lara and Chanderpaul were
> captains of their sides at that time.
>
> aslam
> GO CUBS!!!
>




Besides scoring 152 and 95* in the match, Sobers also
took six wickets in the match, 3 in each innings.

Knott is the only wicket-keeper in the list. But two
others, Hanif Mohammed and Paul Gibbs, had kept wickets
in Tests for their countries --- though they were not
keeping wickets in the matches where their batting feats
occurred.



A. A. Khan


01 Jun 2005 09:51:21
Andrew Dunford
Re: 90 & 100 in the same Test


"Afzal A. Khan" <me_afzal@privacy.net > wrote in message
news:429cab66_1@x-privat.org...
> Aslam Siddiqui wrote:
> > Here is a list of players who have scored a century and in the nineties
> > in the same Test match:

<snip list >

> Knott is the only wicket-keeper in the list. But two
> others, Hanif Mohammed and Paul Gibbs, had kept wickets
> in Tests for their countries --- though they were not
> keeping wickets in the matches where their batting feats
> occurred.

The same is true of AB de Villiers.

Andrew