20 Oct 2003 19:33:35
Suzanne
Toby Sweet

Hi all

I haven't posted in quite sometime, but I thought considering how my
pool related summer went i would share.
Toby Sweet, who is from my area and owned a room here sometime ago,
came up for the summer and believe it or not worked the ball desk in
the room i play in. What a treat. Watching him shoot 9 ball was like
watching ballet. He is quite an interesting man, and as long as you
were willing to listen and do what he told you....his help on your
game was offered freely. Sadly though, he has left and gone south to
the warmer weather LOL

Suzanne

21 Oct 2003 02:33:18
RWMCT
Re: Toby Sweet

I have not seen him play for years, but I watched him play the best nine ball
tourney match I ever saw, against Mike X in New London. The way I remember it,
Mike never missed a makeable ball and still lost eleven zip. Anybody remember
this?

20 Oct 2003 23:02:44
9b4me
Re: Toby Sweet

rwmct@aol.com (RWMCT) wrote in message news:<20031020223318.27623.00001511@mb-m04.aol.com >...
> I have not seen him play for years, but I watched him play the best nine ball
> tourney match I ever saw, against Mike X in New London. The way I remember it,
> Mike never missed a makeable ball and still lost eleven zip. Anybody remember
> this?

I have an Accu-Stats tape of Toby Sweet playing Steve Miserak in a
Seniors Tour 9 ball tournament in Milwaukee a couple of years ago and
i'd never heard of Toby before i got that tape, but believe me Toby
Sweet plays a top level 9 ball game. Steve Miserak was playing very
well at that time and Toby just missed winning the match! Steve came
from behind to win after Toby missed a shot he would make all day long
to get out and win, but he played outstanding up until that shot.
The commentators (Incardona & Mathews) said that Toby was a high
stakes gambler and that he didn't play in many tournaments at that
time. It was a treat watching him play outstanding 9 ball!

Jholly