31 Mar 2005 12:11:17
Carter Adams
Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Please let me know if you can view the following:

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles.php

If I get positive responses, I'll attempt to write a WEI viewer for
you...

~Carter
www.LeagueOperator.org

31 Mar 2005 23:41:49
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Carter Adams <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote:

> Please let me know if you can view the following:

> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles.php

I can view the circles fine, I think. About 50 of them in
various colors, some transparent and some opaque, with snooker
green in front.

> If I get positive responses, I'll attempt to write a WEI viewer
> for you...

Thanks. Wei previously said that he couldn't make his viewer
shockwave-free because that would need more support than he had
at his site, which I suspect is no script support at all.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

31 Mar 2005 15:42:30
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Please let me know if you can view the following and if one works and
the other doesn't:

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles.php

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles2.php

If I get positive responses, I'll attempt to write a WEI viewer for
you...

~Carter
www.LeagueOperator.org

01 Apr 2005 02:06:21
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Carter Adams <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote:

> Please let me know if you can view the following and if one works and
> the other doesn't:

Both look OK. The colors are different in the two.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

01 Apr 2005 06:49:15
Pat Hall
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

I can see both of them but then I can also use the WEI table.

PatH

Carter Adams wrote:

> Please let me know if you can view the following and if one works and
> the other doesn't:
>
> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles.php
>
> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles2.php
>

> If I get positive responses, I'll attempt to write a WEI viewer for
> you...
>
> ~Carter
> www.LeagueOperator.org

01 Apr 2005 17:09:35
Tim Dolan
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

I can see them both..
"Pat Hall" <phall@notsospam.certcoinc.com > wrote in message
>I can see both of them but then I can also use the WEI table.
>
> PatH
>
> Carter Adams wrote:
>
>> Please let me know if you can view the following and if one works and
>> the other doesn't:
>>
>> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles.php
>>
>> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles2.php
>>

>> If I get positive responses, I'll attempt to write a WEI viewer for
>> you...
>>
>> ~Carter
>> www.LeagueOperator.org

02 Apr 2005 03:39:17
Bill O
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

See them both very clearly.

--
Bill O - At the 5 Ball

03 Apr 2005 15:27:51
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Bob,

Please try this link:

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles3.htm

03 Apr 2005 23:28:20
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Carter Adams <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote:

> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles3.htm

I see the cue ball and 15 object balls lined up out of the pocket.
On my screen, it wouldn't hurt for the picture to be twice as large,
but it's legible as-is. One suggestion though... The image appears
to be a JPG. A GIF may be smaller and have fewer display artifacts
due to the small number of colors used and the large, solid field.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

03 Apr 2005 17:10:40
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Let me know if it's better now...

04 Apr 2005 00:38:42
Bill O
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"Carter Adams" <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote in

> Let me know if it's better now...

The 1's on the balls 10-15 are a larger or bolder font, other
wise it is very clear.

--
Bill O - At the 5 Ball

04 Apr 2005 03:53:46
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

> "Carter Adams" <poolplayer@gmail.com> wrote
>> Let me know if it's better now...

Yes, it is for me.

Bill O <lionlbill@aol.com > wrote:
> The 1's on the balls 10-15 are a larger or bolder font, ...

I think those are the stripes.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

03 Apr 2005 22:02:45
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Bob,

Please check this out:

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles4x.php

If all is well, I'll add support for the labels and straight lines - I
don't think I have quadratic graphics support, so the "curved" lines
will just have to be "pointy"...
--
Carter Adams
www.LeagueOperator.org

04 Apr 2005 05:48:45
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Carter Adams <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote:

> http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles4x.php

Looks fine to me for the one Wei string I tried.

> If all is well, I'll add support for the labels and straight
> lines - I don't think I have quadratic graphics support, so the
> "curved" lines will just have to be "pointy"...

The current implementation of curved lines seems to be broken
anyway, or people aren't entering them correctly.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

04 Apr 2005 04:51:00
JohnA(Kent,WA)
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"Bob Jewett" wrote

> The current implementation of curved lines seems to be broken
> anyway, or people aren't entering them correctly.

> Bob Jewett

I just tried the curved lines and they're working. Only 2 of the lines have
the capability of showing a curve. The other 5 lines are straight lines
only.

--
JohnA(Kent,WA)

04 Apr 2005 21:12:32

"JohnA(Kent,WA)" <johnahl@hotmail.com > wrote:

> I just tried the curved lines and they're working. Only 2 of
> the lines have the capability of showing a curve. The other 5
> lines are straight lines only.

Everytime I've seen a curved line on the Wei table, it curved in
the wrong direction, showing a path that is physically
impossible. Perhaps it was user error.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

04 Apr 2005 16:57:04
JohnA(Kent,WA)
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"Bob Jewett" wrote

> Everytime I've seen a curved line on the Wei table, it curved in
> the wrong direction, showing a path that is physically
> impossible. Perhaps it was user error.

It may have been. Here is a diagram of the path the CB will follow if you
use force follow (high left). The curve shows the path the CB will take
after pocketing the 1 ball in the side.

START(
%A2D0%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%EM7P1%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM9N8%ID3D2%JK8M6
%KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%P^6H0%eA7`4%_F9E1%`Z1E1%a]2C5
)END

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/

--
JohnA(Kent,WA)

05 Apr 2005 00:16:14
Bob Jewett
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"JohnA(Kent,WA)" <johnahl@hotmail.com > wrote:

> ... Here is a diagram of the path the CB will follow if you
> use force follow (high left). The curve shows the path the CB
> will take after pocketing the 1 ball in the side.

I'm afraid I can see it using

> http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/

The curved lines I've seen in the past touched the rail with the
belly of the curve, not the points. Perhaps the user just didn't
understand that he should use two separate segments to go from
A then off the cushion and to B.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/

04 Apr 2005 19:22:20
Patrick Johnson

Bob Jewett wrote:

> The curved lines I've seen in the past touched the rail with the
> belly of the curve, not the points.

Wei's curved lines don't have points except at their ends, there are
only a couple of them, and, on his pool table at least, there are no
multi-segment lines. If you're trying to show a couple of long
multi-segment ball paths you can quickly run out of available lines and
have to get creative - like using a curved line to represent a segmented
one.

I love Wei's tables, but it can be a challenge to accurately represent
some shots.

Pat Johnson
Chicago

05 Apr 2005 10:32:06
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Please try:

http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles4x.php

If this works well enough for the non-FLASH folks, I will make a
permanent URL for it.

--
Carter Adams
www.LeagueOperator.org

05 Apr 2005 11:19:35
Aboo
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

The 2nd one actually looks like a pool table, the 1st one does not.

I can not use the WEI table...

05 Apr 2005 12:06:05
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

Aboo,

Try:

http://rsbtable.leagueoperator.org/rsbviewer.php

~Carter

05 Apr 2005 13:06:16
JohnA(Kent,WA)
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"Carter Adams" wrote

> Try:
>
> http://rsbtable.leagueoperator.org/rsbviewer.php
>
> ~Carter

It doesn't work right with a curved line.

START(
%A2D0%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%EM7P1%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM9N8%ID3D2%JK8M6
%KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%P^6H0%eA7`4%_F9E1%`Z1E1%a]2C5
)END

--
JohnA(Kent,WA)

05 Apr 2005 21:47:42
Carter Adams
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

John,

That is correct. I do not have access to the same functions that WEI
used for his FLASH table. Straight, pointy lines are all that I can do
at this time, but I feel that this is better than not being able to see
the diagram at all (I think Bob said that the FLASH implementation is
not accurate either - I'm guessing that it is due to WEI using
quadratic graphing instead of parabolic???).

~Carter

06 Apr 2005 02:38:10
Sorackem
Re: Those that cannot view the WEI table - Bob Jewett, et al ...

"Carter Adams" <poolplayer@gmail.com > wrote in news:1112762862.566881.68210
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> John,
>
> That is correct. I do not have access to the same functions that WEI
> used for his FLASH table. Straight, pointy lines are all that I can do
> at this time, but I feel that this is better than not being able to see
> the diagram at all (I think Bob said that the FLASH implementation is
> not accurate either - I'm guessing that it is due to WEI using
> quadratic graphing instead of parabolic???).
>
> ~Carter

I presume that John's just pulling your string.

I wonder, also, if Bob meant the 'implementation' or the 'usage'; being
inaccurate - likely both.

How would this favorite be properly diagramed?:
http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html
http://leagueoperator.org/TestCircles4x.php

START(
%GC9Z6%HD2D3%IW3E5%Pg6S0%UD0Q9%VC7R8%WE7Z1%Xg4S0%YD0Y7%ZD7Z1
%[D3F3%D4N1%]D3N9%^D3P7%eB9`6%_D2S7%`D7T7%aC6U7%bD4V7%cE1W4
%dC5X9
)END

I haven't worked on my quads in years, but parabolic sounds suspicously
like the times I've had too much to drink.

-B ..not a programmar either, if you haven't noticed.