29 Sep 2003 18:06:40
pltrgyst
Religion and pool...

Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.

Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?

-- Larry




30 Sep 2003 00:23:07
Mario Blansjaar
Re: Religion and pool...

http://www.christianpoolplayers.com/main.html

Hopes this Freds..

With kind regards,
Mario

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:06:40 -0400, pltrgyst <pltrgyst@covad.net >
wrote:

>Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
>Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
>
>Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
>with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
>
>-- Larry
>



29 Sep 2003 23:17:44
John Kirchel
Re: Religion and pool...

I know that The Monk makes several references to Monkdom and pooldom going
hand in hand in his point the way book. He even mentions that some Monks
actually use pool to get to a higher level of spiritualism.

I use pool for prayer also. Many times I say
"Jeeeeeeesssssssssssssuuuuuuuusssssss
Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssst!!!!" or "G. Dammit!!!"
and my favorite "Holy shit how did you make that shot???"

Reverend John

"pltrgyst" <pltrgyst@covad.net > wrote in message
news:82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com...
> Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
>
> Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
>
> -- Larry
>
>




29 Sep 2003 23:12:13
Aunty Dan
Re: Religion and pool...

It seems to me that the repetitive performance of a difficult and
frustrating task you can never hope to fully master, such as pushing little
colored balls around on a big table with a long thin stick is a very Zen
exercise in ridding oneself of ego.

Which, of course, serves to explain why all Pool players are such mellow
people who are not at all self-centered ;-)

--
Aunty Dan
(Remove "x" from "xhotmail.com to reply directly)
------------------------------------------
"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer
Hoisted with his own petard."
- W. Shakespeare
------------------------------------------

"John Kirchel" <blcknite@nospambubbapacbell.net > wrote in message
news:s43eb.10419$fw2.3218@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> I know that The Monk makes several references to Monkdom and pooldom going
> hand in hand in his point the way book. He even mentions that some Monks
> actually use pool to get to a higher level of spiritualism.
>
> I use pool for prayer also. Many times I say
> "Jeeeeeeesssssssssssssuuuuuuuusssssss
> Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssst!!!!" or "G.
Dammit!!!"
> and my favorite "Holy shit how did you make that shot???"
>
> Reverend John
>
> "pltrgyst" <pltrgyst@covad.net> wrote in message
> news:82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com...
> > Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> > Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
> >
> > Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> > with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
> >
> > -- Larry
> >
> >
>
>




29 Sep 2003 23:25:35
sam
Re: Religion and pool...

Well, my position is clear. Calling upon the Almighty for a little
assistance.....can't hurt. LOL :o) Sincerely, Sam (Wish He'd help me
learn this snooker shit.)

"pltrgyst" <pltrgyst@covad.net > wrote in message
news:82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com...
> Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
>
> Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
>
> -- Larry
>
>




30 Sep 2003 12:38:30
John Kirchel
Re: Religion and pool...

<g >

"Aunty Dan" <auntydan@xhotmail.com > wrote in message
news:G79eb.35539$Ms2.12101@fed1read03...
> It seems to me that the repetitive performance of a difficult and
> frustrating task you can never hope to fully master, such as pushing
little
> colored balls around on a big table with a long thin stick is a very Zen
> exercise in ridding oneself of ego.
>
> Which, of course, serves to explain why all Pool players are such mellow
> people who are not at all self-centered ;-)
>
> --
> Aunty Dan
> (Remove "x" from "xhotmail.com to reply directly)
> ------------------------------------------
> "For 'tis the sport to have the engineer
> Hoisted with his own petard."
> - W. Shakespeare
> ------------------------------------------
>
> "John Kirchel" <blcknite@nospambubbapacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:s43eb.10419$fw2.3218@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> > I know that The Monk makes several references to Monkdom and pooldom
going
> > hand in hand in his point the way book. He even mentions that some Monks
> > actually use pool to get to a higher level of spiritualism.
> >
> > I use pool for prayer also. Many times I say
> > "Jeeeeeeesssssssssssssuuuuuuuusssssss
> > Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssst!!!!" or "G.
> Dammit!!!"
> > and my favorite "Holy shit how did you make that shot???"
> >
> > Reverend John
> >
> > "pltrgyst" <pltrgyst@covad.net> wrote in message
> > news:82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com...
> > > Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> > > Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> > > with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
> > >
> > > -- Larry
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>




02 Oct 2003 03:47:07
Steve.
Re: Religion and pool...

"John Kirchel" <blcknite@nospambubbapacbell.net > wrote in message news:<s43eb.10419$fw2.3218@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> I know that The Monk makes several references to Monkdom and pooldom ...

IMHO, a charlatan.


02 Oct 2003 03:55:14
Steve.
Re: Religion and pool...

pltrgyst <pltrgyst@covad.net > wrote in message news:<82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com>...
> Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
>
> Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
>
> -- Larry

Several months ago there was somebody posting about his religious pool
group, league, or whatever it was. IMO it belonged on ASP not RSB. At
any rate I think if you're diligent enough you can probably dig up
some of the messages using Google's search capabilities.
Steve.


02 Oct 2003 19:48:12
Mark0
Re: Religion and pool...


Keyword CPPA. HTH

Mark0



"Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com > wrote in message
news:54be6c92.0310020255.53a17474@posting.google.com...
> pltrgyst <pltrgyst@covad.net> wrote in message
news:<82bhnvkalo4ccf5edsd6a908l65rl2q4av@4ax.com >...
> > Geez, I guess Dr. Cue is not alone -- I just came across the Gospel
> > Trick Shot Ministries, at http://www.gospeltrickshot.org/.
> >
> > Does anyone know of any religious organizations pursuing connections
> > with pool or billiards *other* than artistic pool?
> >
> > -- Larry
>
> Several months ago there was somebody posting about his religious pool
> group, league, or whatever it was. IMO it belonged on ASP not RSB. At
> any rate I think if you're diligent enough you can probably dig up
> some of the messages using Google's search capabilities.
> Steve.