31 Jul 2004 13:39:11
Richard N. Moecia
Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where can I
go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where "players"
frequent?

--
Dick Moecia fka poolcue
www.gcaba.com

31 Jul 2004 10:18:59
Roger Orsulak
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

I guess it depends on what you call "big table." When he was working
locally for awhile, I met up with Craig Schwartz (schwank) who told me that
most of the tables in the rooms in Cinci are 8 footers. I'm sure he (google
him) or Sherm can give you some good advice.

Roger

"Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
> I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where can
> go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
"players"
> frequent?
>
> --
> Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> www.gcaba.com
> Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

31 Jul 2004 11:20:30
Sherm Adamson
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

Dick,

What part of town will you be in? There are plenty of places to play on
"big tables" it just kinda depends on what part of town you'll be in,
(unless you don't mind traveling, they're not that far apart, but if you
like to drink a few beers when you play, it may behoove you to play near
where you'll be staying!)
Here's a few off the top of my head.

North side of town... Michaels Billiards in Fairfield on Rt 4 a few miles
north of I-275

Snookers on Rt-747, just north of
I-275

West Side... Western Bowl, on Glenway Ave

North east, Milford Boca Billiards on Rt-28 just east of I-275

East Side Rhinos Billiards on Rt-32 just east of I-275
(Might be the nicest room in the
country!)

Beechmont Billiards, Rt-125 just west
of I-275 (My old room.
Getting kinda getting run down but still
has some good action!)

South East Sherm's Shop just off Rt-52 east on Nine Mile
road. I've got a 9' Gold Crown
in my shop! (By appointment only!!) lol

By all means, give me a call and stop by the shop for the "nickel tour". I
may be able to make a little time for a few games of one-hole, and if you're
really lucky you may catch me at a time when I have a pot of my "worlds
famous chili" on the stove! BYOB, LOL I can't afford to supply beer to put
out the fire! (Now the secret of where my "hot air" comes from, is out!
LOL)

--
just more hot air! 8^)

Sherm
aka "cuesmith" in yahoo
Sherm Custom Billiard Cues by,
Sherman Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Rd., Cincinnati Ohio 45255
Shop (513)553-2172, Cell (513)509-9152
http://www.shermcue.com Over 20 years experience
almost a decade in "The American Cuemakers Association"

Sending unsolicited commercial email (spam) to this account incurs a fee of
"Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
> I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where can
> go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
"players"
> frequent?
>
> --
> Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> www.gcaba.com
> Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

31 Jul 2004 15:23:54
rhncue
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

There are plenty of 9' tables in the Cinti. area. In fact the only room
I know of that has more 8' than 9' tables is Sharks and Shooters's, where
Schwank frequented. Beechmont Billiards has 8 9' GC, Bocca Billiards has
about 8 9' GC, Rhino's has 6 9' GC, Snookers has 8 9' custom built Robertson
tables, Michael's has about 10 9' Diamonds plus there are rooms across the
river in Kentucky and the western side of Cinti. that have 9 footers that I
don't frequent so I don't know their numbers. The action has sort of dried
up in Cinti. is the bad thing. Plenty of players but not a lot of gambling,
got to be in the right place at the right time.
Very little straight-pool although Snookers has a straight-pool league.
Lots of one-hole and bank games around and of coarse 9-ball.
Dick

--
Building and repairing of custom pool cues
for real pool players. Over 35 years exp.
"Roger Orsulak" <normorsulak@cox.net > wrote in message
> I guess it depends on what you call "big table." When he was working
> locally for awhile, I met up with Craig Schwartz (schwank) who told me
that
> most of the tables in the rooms in Cinci are 8 footers. I'm sure he
(google
> him) or Sherm can give you some good advice.
>
> Roger
>
> "Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where
can
> > go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
> "players"
> > frequent?
> >
> > --
> > Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> > www.gcaba.com
> > Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

31 Jul 2004 15:01:53
Roger Orsulak
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

Makes me wanna make the trek to Cinci.

Roger

"Sherm Adamson" <shermcue@adelphia.net > wrote in message
> ...and if you're
> really lucky you may catch me at a time when I have a pot of my "worlds
> famous chili" on the stove! BYOB, LOL I can't afford to supply beer to put
> out the fire! (Now the secret of where my "hot air" comes from, is out!
> LOL)
>

> --
> just more hot air! 8^)
>
> Sherm
> aka "cuesmith" in yahoo
> Sherm Custom Billiard Cues by,
> Sherman Adamson
> 3352 Nine Mile Rd., Cincinnati Ohio 45255
> Shop (513)553-2172, Cell (513)509-9152
> http://www.shermcue.com Over 20 years experience
> almost a decade in "The American Cuemakers Association"
>
> Sending unsolicited commercial email (spam) to this account incurs a fee
of
> $500 per message, and acknowledges the legality of this contract.
> "Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where
can
> > go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
> "players"
> > frequent?
> >
> > --
> > Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> > www.gcaba.com
> > Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

31 Jul 2004 21:06:44
Ninebal310
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

>From: "Richard N. Moecia"

>I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where can I
>go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where "players"
>frequent?
>
>--
>Dick Moecia fka poolcue

Hi Dick,

Well, if you come through Columbus, let me know. I could get to Cincin during
the week if we can get enough of us together.
Hank

01 Aug 2004 00:07:44
Richard N. Moecia
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

I'll be staying downtown. I'm not coming home for the weekend so I plan to
shoot pool on the 14th and 15th. Anybody know of minis over the weekends?
How about Northern Kentucky?

"Ninebal310" <ninebal310@aol.committed > wrote in message
> >From: "Richard N. Moecia"
>
> >I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning Augu
st9.WherecanI
> >go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
"players"
> >frequent?
> >
> >--
> >Dick Moecia fka poolcue
>
> Hi Dick,
>
> Well, if you come through Columbus, let me know. I could get to Cincin
during
> the week if we can get enough of us together.
> Hank

01 Aug 2004 13:30:54
schwank
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

I hear Rhino's is nice, I keep wanting to get out there! Snookers is a
nice clean place. Michales I tend to stay away from, but they do have a
bunch of nice 9 footers (when I was there last the 8's were in terrible
shape).

If you guys get a night together to meet up let me know. Its aproaching
my "busy time" but I might be able to sneak away for an evening.

Craig Schwartz
cschwartz72@yahoo.com

In article <mTNOc.18244$fm2.9667@lakeread02 >,
"Roger Orsulak" <normorsulak@cox.net > wrote:

> I guess it depends on what you call "big table." When he was working
> locally for awhile, I met up with Craig Schwartz (schwank) who told me that
> most of the tables in the rooms in Cinci are 8 footers. I'm sure he (google
> him) or Sherm can give you some good advice.
>
> Roger
>
> "Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning August 9. Where can
> > go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
> "players"
> > frequent?
> >
> > --
> > Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> > www.gcaba.com
> > Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

01 Aug 2004 16:54:50
Richard N. Moecia
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

Do any of the places mentioned have "practice rates" over weekends?

"schwank" <cschwartz72@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> I hear Rhino's is nice, I keep wanting to get out there! Snookers is a
> nice clean place. Michales I tend to stay away from, but they do have a
> bunch of nice 9 footers (when I was there last the 8's were in terrible
> shape).
>
> If you guys get a night together to meet up let me know. Its aproaching
> my "busy time" but I might be able to sneak away for an evening.
>
> Craig Schwartz
> cschwartz72@yahoo.com
>

> In article <mTNOc.18244$fm2.9667@lakeread02>,
> "Roger Orsulak" <normorsulak@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > I guess it depends on what you call "big table." When he was working
> > locally for awhile, I met up with Craig Schwartz (schwank) who told me
that
> > most of the tables in the rooms in Cinci are 8 footers. I'm sure he
(google
> > him) or Sherm can give you some good advice.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> > "Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > > I'm going to be in Cincinnati for two weeks beginning Aug
ust9.Wherecan
> > > go for big table games? How about small table play? Any bars where
> > "players"
> > > frequent?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dick Moecia fka poolcue
> > > www.gcaba.com
> > > Canton Amateur Billiard Hall of Fame

01 Aug 2004 22:17:43
schwank
Re: Pool Rooms in Cincinnati area

In article <uf9Pc.2689$Hu.1935@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com >,
"Richard N. Moecia" <rmoecia@sbcglobal.net > wrote:

> Do any of the places mentioned have "practice rates" over weekends?

I believe sharks n shooters will do apa league rates before 5 which
makes pool REALLY CHEAP. it is however about 15-20 miles from down town
and they only have one 9ft table.

I dont know about the other places.