27 Aug 2006 15:28:01
Superseal
OT...on the lighter side

I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).

SS




27 Aug 2006 12:52:14
Dhakala
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Superseal wrote:
> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).

Yeah, GEICO is my insurer in Colorado. I prefer the gecko commercials.



27 Aug 2006 12:55:13
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Dhakala wrote:
> Superseal wrote:
> > I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
> > have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
> > this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> Yeah, GEICO is my insurer in Colorado. I prefer the gecko commercials.



THEY ARE IN GEORGIA, AND I HAVE HAD THEM FOR 15 YEARS, THEY ARE THE
BEST BAR NONE.

www.fastlarrypool.com

www.poolchat.net



27 Aug 2006 16:45:47
Re: OT...on the lighter side

On 27 Aug 2006 12:52:14 -0700, "Dhakala" <NoPoliticalCalls@gmail.com >
wrote:

>
>Superseal wrote:
>> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
>> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
>> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).

They also have one with some female and another one with a man (I
didn't catch their names as I fast forwarded through the commercials.)
>
>Yeah, GEICO is my insurer in Colorado. I prefer the gecko commercials.

Me, too. I actually listened to them occasionally -- I love the
Aussie accent. When I first saw the Little Richard one, I wondered
what on earth they were thinking when they replaced that cute gecko
with Little Richard. I like Little Richard and his music, but I think
the commercial is beyond silly.

Emily



27 Aug 2006 17:34:49
Superseal
Re: OT...on the lighter side


<emily2@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:uf04f2t09q9h4mbmmr33f6eif7upahatrt@4ax.com...
> On 27 Aug 2006 12:52:14 -0700, "Dhakala" <NoPoliticalCalls@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>Superseal wrote:
>>> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area
>>> they
>>> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else
>>> seen
>>> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> They also have one with some female and another one with a man (I
> didn't catch their names as I fast forwarded through the commercials.)
>>
>>Yeah, GEICO is my insurer in Colorado. I prefer the gecko commercials.
>
> Me, too. I actually listened to them occasionally -- I love the
> Aussie accent. When I first saw the Little Richard one, I wondered
> what on earth they were thinking when they replaced that cute gecko
> with Little Richard. I like Little Richard and his music, but I think
> the commercial is beyond silly.
>
> Emily


I don't think they replaced the gecko...I really doubt they did. There are
a bunch of Geico commercials in the same (Little Richard) format...Charro
for example.

SS




27 Aug 2006 21:51:45
TakenEvent
Re: OT...on the lighter side


"Superseal" <superseal@optonline.net > wrote in message
news:9nmIg.359$Y43.266@newsfe09.lga...
> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area
they
> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else
seen
> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> SS
>
>
>

Yes, they also have commercials that feature Burt Bacharach and Charo. The
ads that annoy me are the recent Fruit of the Loom commercials. Those will
invariably cause a frantic search for the remote.





28 Aug 2006 03:06:10
tdodge
Re: OT...on the lighter side

"Superseal" <superseal@optonline.net > wrote in message
news:9nmIg.359$Y43.266@newsfe09.lga...
>I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area
>they have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone
>else seen this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> SS

The crime detering cell phone is tied with Little Richard.




28 Aug 2006 06:09:15
Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Superseal wrote:

> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> SS

Hi Seal, you gotta link, so that we on the other end of the Atlantic
can give you a hard time about it being not so funny after all 8-) ?

Take care

Karel



28 Aug 2006 14:45:46
Superseal
Re: OT...on the lighter side


"Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile" <karel.kuile@sns.nl > wrote in message
news:1156770555.308358.290550@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
>
> Superseal wrote:
>
>> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area
>> they
>> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else
>> seen
>> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>>
>> SS
>
> Hi Seal, you gotta link, so that we on the other end of the Atlantic
> can give you a hard time about it being not so funny after all 8-) ?
>
> Take care
>
> Karel


Hello Karl,
Hmmm, I thought that I was on the other side of the Atlantic...and
don't go bad-mouthing *Little Richard* he's as sacred to me as french-fries
and mayonnaise are to you!

<G >

SS




29 Aug 2006 04:40:13
Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Superseal schreef:

> don't go bad-mouthing *Little Richard* he's as sacred to me as french-fries
> and mayonnaise are to you!

Impossible, nothing beats fries and mayonnaise when it comes to
sacredness. And saturated fats for that matter. But, i wouldn't say
anything nasty about Little Richard. One the first records i bought was
actually a Little Richard record. Then again, the first record was
actually a Boney-M record; German disco-gospel was all the rave back
then.

Take care

Karel



29 Aug 2006 05:36:46
SteveE
Re: OT...on the lighter side

On Aug 27 2006 4:28 PM, Superseal wrote:

> I don't know if Geico Ins is nationwide or not, but here in the NY area they
> have a commercial with *Little Richard* which is hilarious Anyone else seen
> this? I never get tired of watching it (yet).
>
> SS

I prefer there commercials with the geeko myself. That's probabably why
they switch them up, to appeal to different people with different
commercials.

____________________________________________________
Better to wear out than to rust out.

_______________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



29 Aug 2006 11:04:58
Superseal
Re: OT...on the lighter side


"Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile" <karel.kuile@sns.nl > wrote in message
news:1156851613.364948.75130@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...


> Then again, the first record was
> actually a Boney-M record; German disco-gospel was all the rave back
> then.
>
> Take care
>
> Karel


Of course I remember Karel...that was the beginning of the Adolph
Hitler/Donna Summer/Billy Graham trio.

Regards,

SS




29 Aug 2006 17:04:30
pltrgyst
Re: OT...on the lighter side

On 29 Aug 2006 04:40:13 -0700, "Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile" <karel.kuile@sns.nl >
wrote:

>Impossible, nothing beats fries and mayonnaise when it comes to
>sacredness. And saturated fats for that matter. But, i wouldn't say
>anything nasty about Little Richard. One the first records i bought was
>actually a Little Richard record. Then again, the first record was
>actually a Boney-M record; German disco-gospel was all the rave back
>then.

The worst part of this post is that it has had me singing "Boney Maroney" in the
shower and then all day today...

-- Larry



30 Aug 2006 00:16:04
Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Superseal wrote:
> Of course I remember Karel...that was the beginning of the Adolph
> Hitler/Donna Summer/Billy Graham trio.

Aaaah... those were the days. They don't make 'em like that anymore, do
they

Take care,

Karel



31 Aug 2006 02:21:25
Karel 'Ratty' ter Kuile
Re: OT...on the lighter side


Larry wrote:

> The worst part of this post is that it has had me singing "Boney Maroney" in the
> shower and then all day today...
>
> -- Larry

Heh, heh, heh. It amazes me how the human mind really seems disigned to
be a jukebox of songs you dont't want to hear ever again but can't fail
to hum along everytime a reference is made to it and besides is
designed as a thesaurus of silly songs and awful would be poetry. Ah
well, la condition humaine.

Take care

Karel -- > humming 'Ra, Ra, Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen'. Out,
damn'd song! Out, I say!



31 Aug 2006 15:45:27
Aboo
Re: OT...on the lighter side

On Aug 27 2006 10:06 PM, tdodge wrote:

> The crime detering cell phone is tied with Little Richard.


I'm going to have to see that Little Richard commercial then, because that
cell phone with the crime deterant system on it is the funniest commercial
I think I have ever seen! LOL

"I'm going to file a complaint..." *bonk*

--- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com