28 Mar 2005 11:28:09
EdS
Just wondering

I'm wondering if anyone else hears the voices of Mitch Laurence and
Allen Hopkins in their head commenting on their practice sessions like
I do?

I'm wondering if I need professional help.
;)

28 Mar 2005 17:09:44
David Malone
Re: Just wondering

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:28:09 -0500, EdS <EdS@EdS.com > wrote:

>I'm wondering if anyone else hears the voices of Mitch Laurence and
>Allen Hopkins in their head commenting on their practice sessions like
>I do?
>
>I'm wondering if I need professional help.

Nope. You only need professional help if you start hearing Sid
Waddel...

David "The Hamster" Malone

28 Mar 2005 18:09:16
Samiel
Re: Just wondering

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:28:09 -0500, EdS <EdS@EdS.com > wrote:

>I'm wondering if anyone else hears the voices of Mitch Laurence and
>Allen Hopkins in their head commenting on their practice sessions like
>I do?

Nope.

>I'm wondering if I need professional help.
> ;)

Yep. :-p

Maybe my problem is that I hear everything in the room. Maybe I just
need to hear myself and my own table and nothing else.

- Samiel

29 Mar 2005 05:31:33
Re: Just wondering

Nope. You only need professional help if you start hearing Sid
Waddel...

David "The Hamster" Malone

Amen to that! Where in the world did they come up with that guy. The
first time I had the misfortune to hear Sid I thought he was going to
have a heart attack.

JS Holly

29 Mar 2005 05:47:12
rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com
Re: Just wondering

EdS wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone else hears the voices of Mitch Laurence and
> Allen Hopkins in their head commenting on their practice sessions
like
> I do?
>
> I'm wondering if I need professional help.
> ;)

I think you're okay. I use to hear the voice of Johnny Most in my head
when I played basketball. "Ellis steals the ball!!!! Ellis steals the
ball!!!!" :-)

29 Mar 2005 10:32:04
EdS
Re: Just wondering

On 29 Mar 2005 05:31:33 -0800, jsholly1@hotmail.com wrote:

>Nope. You only need professional help if you start hearing Sid
>Waddel...

Who is Sid? I my be hearing him but don't know his voice. ;)

>David "The Hamster" Malone
>
>Amen to that! Where in the world did they come up with that guy. The
>first time I had the misfortune to hear Sid I thought he was going to
>have a heart attack.
>
>JS Holly

29 Mar 2005 15:40:11
David Malone
Re: Just wondering

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:32:04 -0500, EdS <EdS@EdS.com > wrote:

>Who is Sid? I my be hearing him but don't know his voice. ;)

He's an irritating English darts commentator who they drafted to
comment on some of the World 9-Ball championships in Cardiff.

Do a google...

David "The Hamster" Malone

29 Mar 2005 15:42:50
David Malone
Re: Just wondering

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:40:11 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
wrote:

>Do a Google...

Apparently actual Comments made by Sid Waddel.

"Bristow reasons . . . Bristow quickens ... Aaah, Bristow."

"Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete."

"That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!"

"He's about as predictable as a Wasp on speed"

"Look at the man go, its like trying to stop a water buffalo with a
pea-shooter"

"The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in, with a portion of
chips.......you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them"

"Big Cliff Lazarenko's idea of exercise is sitting in a room with
the windows open taking the lid off something cool and fizzy."

"It's like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline"

"Well as giraffes say, you don't get no leaves unless you stick
your neck out"

"His eyes are bulging like the belly of a hungry chaffinch"

"That's the greatest comeback since Lazarus."

"It's the nearest thing to public execution this side of Saudi
Arabia."

"His physiognomy is that of a weeping Madonna."

"He's as cool as a prized marrow!"

"Under that heart of stone beat muscles of pure flint."

"He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

"The pendulum swinging back and forth like a metronome"

"His face is sagging with tension."

"The fans now, with their eyes pierced on the dart board."

"He's been burning the midnight oil at both ends."

"That's like giving Dracula the keys to the blood bank"
"As they say at the DHSS, we're getting the full benefit here."

"He is as slick as minestrone soup"

"There hasn't been this much excitement since the Romans fed the
Christians to the Lions."

"The players are under so much duress, it's like duressic park out
there!"

"This lad has more checkouts than Tescos."

"John Lowe is striding out like Alexander the Great conquering the
Persians"

"When I see Steve Davis I see two letters... C S... Cue Sorceror"

"By the time of the final on Sunday he should be fit to burst!"

"There's only one word for that - magic darts!"

"Keith Deller's not just an underdog, he's an underpuppy!"

"I don't know what he's had for breakfast but Taylor knocked the
Snap, Crackle and Pop out of Bristow"

"Even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out these angles"

"Steve Beaton - The adonis of darts, what poise, what elegance - a
true roman gladiator with plenty of hair wax."

"If you're round your auntie's tonight, tell her to stop making
the cookie's and come thru to the living room and watch these two
amazing athletes beat the proverbial house out of each other"

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because
there were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27."

"Eat your heart out Harold Pinter, we've got drama with a capital
D in Essex."

"If we'd had Phil Taylor at Hastings against the Normans, they'd
have gone home."

"He's playing out of his pie crust."

"They won't just have to play out of their skin to beat Phil
Taylor. They'll have to play out of their essence!"

"Darts players are probably a lot fitter than most footballers in
overall body strength."

"There's no one quicker than these two tungsten tossers... "

"Look at him as he takes his stance, like he has been sculptured,
whereas Bobby George, with his bad back, looks like the Hunchback of
Notre Dame."

"He's playing like Robin Hood in the Nottingham super league"

"Phil Taylor's got the consistency of a planet ... and he's in a
darts orbit!"

"The atmosphere is a cross between the Munich Beer Festival and
the Coliseum when the Christians were on the menu."

"Jockey Wilson, he comes from the valleys and he's chuffing like a
choo-choo train!"

"He's like D'Artagnan at the scissor factory."

Steve Beaton, he's not Adonis, he's THE donis"

David "The Hamster" Malone

29 Mar 2005 10:06:44
JoeyA
Re: Just wondering

Come on David. How did you remember them all? Tell us a few more.

I'm going to get my apple and peanut butter and retire to the reading room.
Maybe I should stay close to Google. Who is D'Artagnan? Chuffing?
JoeyA

"David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com > wrote in message
: On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:40:11 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
: wrote:
:
: >Do a Google...
:
[...]

29 Mar 2005 10:11:26
JoeyA
Re: Just wondering

AH............................................
Or: This lad has more checkouts than Tescos."
Whoever Tescos is?
JoeyA

"David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com > wrote in message
: On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:40:11 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
: wrote:
:
: >Do a Google...
:
[...]

29 Mar 2005 17:44:04
David Malone
Re: Just wondering

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:06:44 -0600, "JoeyA"
<joey@noofficespecialties.net > wrote:

>Come on David. How did you remember them all? Tell us a few more.

I Googled them.

>I'm going to get my apple and peanut butter and retire to the reading room.
>Maybe I should stay close to Google. Who is D'Artagnan?

Think Three Musketeers... (Dumas)

>Chuffing?

Think "The Little Engine That Could". It's the noise a choo-choo train
makes...

David "The Hamster" Malone

29 Mar 2005 17:44:42
David Malone
Re: Just wondering

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:11:26 -0600, "JoeyA"
<joey@noofficespecialties.net > wrote:

>Or: This lad has more checkouts than Tescos."
>Whoever Tescos is?

A supermarket in the UK.

David "The Hamster" Malone

29 Mar 2005 09:56:20
Re: Just wondering

Sid should be taken out and his tounge cut out. He is the biggest jerk
on planet Earth, besides smorgie.

29 Mar 2005 13:55:24
EdS
Re: Just wondering

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:42:50 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:40:11 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
>wrote:
>
>>Do a Google...
>
>Apparently actual Comments made by Sid Waddel.
<snip >
> Steve Beaton, he's not Adonis, he's THE donis"
>
>David "The Hamster" Malone

I'm headed to the doctor now.

29 Mar 2005 13:59:37
EdS
Re: Just wondering

On 29 Mar 2005 05:47:12 -0800, "rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com"
<rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com > wrote:

>EdS wrote:
>> I'm wondering if anyone else hears the voices of Mitch Laurence and
>> Allen Hopkins in their head commenting on their practice sessions
>like
>> I do?
>>
>> I'm wondering if I need professional help.
>> ;)
>
>I think you're okay. I use to hear the voice of Johnny Most in my head
>when I played basketball. "Ellis steals the ball!!!! Ellis steals the
>ball!!!!" :-)
Yeah they're usually complimenting me or saying how hard that last
shot I just missed was. (they do that last one a lot)

30 Mar 2005 10:33:05
Bob Johnson
Re: Just wondering

You'll know if you hear him! You'll wake with a start, and in a cold sweat!
Kind of like a nightmare.
--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"EdS" <EdS@EdS.com > wrote in message
> On 29 Mar 2005 05:31:33 -0800, jsholly1@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Nope. You only need professional help if you start hearing Sid
>>Waddel...
>>
> Who is Sid? I my be hearing him but don't know his voice. ;)
>

>>David "The Hamster" Malone
>>
>>Amen to that! Where in the world did they come up with that guy. The
>>first time I had the misfortune to hear Sid I thought he was going to
>>have a heart attack.
>>
>>JS Holly

30 Mar 2005 22:39:51
EdS
Re: Just wondering

On 30 Mar 2005 10:33:05 EST, "Bob Johnson" <bobj@cris.com > wrote:

>You'll know if you hear him! You'll wake with a start, and in a cold sweat!
>Kind of like a nightmare.

Is that the guy that did the commentary for the Mosconi cup?

31 Mar 2005 05:14:15
Bob Jewett
Re: Just wondering

EdS <EdS@eds.com > wrote:

>>You'll know if you hear him! You'll wake with a start, and in
>>a cold sweat! Kind of like a nightmare.

> Is that the guy that did the commentary for the Mosconi cup?

Yes, and a nicer guy you couldn't hope to meet. It was
interesting to hear his commentary from the bleachers even
though he was in a sound-proofed booth.

--

Bob Jewett
http://www.sfbilliards.com/