28 Sep 2004 00:55:21
Bob Johnson
Great search engine!

Amazon offers search engine ***
There's a new search engine in town. A9 (www.a9.com) is part of Amazon.com.
Its search technology is much the same as others (in fact, it's Google's
technology), but you'll see how it differs from other search engines as soon
as the results page appears.

Give it a shot. Enter billiards as the search and check out the photos that
come up!

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

28 Sep 2004 04:04:46
Steve.
Re: Great search engine!

"Bob Johnson" <bobj@cris.com > wrote in message news:<cjaqrp$b4e@dispatch.concentric.net>...
> Amazon offers search engine ***
> There's a new search engine in town. A9 (www.a9.com) is part of Amazon.com.
> Its search technology is much the same as others (in fact, it's Google's
> technology), but you'll see how it differs from other search engines as soon
> as the results page appears.
>
> Give it a shot. Enter billiards as the search and check out the photos that
> come up!

I assume of course you can see the very same image results by clicking
on the "images" label on the google website. There is only one player
in the search engine field and that is Google. I know, I was laid off
from one of their competitors 2 1/2 years ago. ;-)
Steve.

28 Sep 2004 13:08:23
Patrick Johnson
Re: Great search engine!

Steve. wrote:

> ... There is only one player in the search engine field and that is Google.

You know that's true when the name has been verbized ("I Googled it up
on the ol' computer").

pj <-- with the goo goo googly eyes
chgo

28 Sep 2004 21:38:01
Bob Jewett
Re: Great search engine!

Patrick Johnson <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@thiscomcast.net > wrote:

> Steve. wrote:
>> ... There is only one player in the search engine field and that is Google.

> You know that's true when the name has been verbized ("I Googled it up
> on the ol' computer").

There was a story today about a Canadian journalist who was taken
prisoner in northern Iraq (maybe by Ansar al-Islam). The local
Emir was about to release him when the Emir and all the
Canadian's documents were destroyed in an attack (presumably by
the US). His new captors identified him by googling him on the
internet. Eventually, he was released.

On the other hand, at one time Alta Vista was the only search
engine to use.

Bob

28 Sep 2004 23:26:52
Steve Ellis
Re: Great search engine!

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:38:01 +0000 (UTC), Bob Jewett <jewett@sfbilliards.com > wrote:

>Patrick Johnson <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@thiscomcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Steve. wrote:
>>> ... There is only one player in the search engine field and that is Google.
>
>> You know that's true when the name has been verbized ("I Googled it up
>> on the ol' computer").
>
>There was a story today about a Canadian journalist who was taken
>prisoner in northern Iraq (maybe by Ansar al-Islam). The local
>Emir was about to release him when the Emir and all the
>Canadian's documents were destroyed in an attack (presumably by
>the US). His new captors identified him by googling him on the
>internet. Eventually, he was released.
>
>On the other hand, at one time Alta Vista was the only search
>engine to use.

Yes and at one time DEC was the only server to use. ;-)

"The times the are a changin'" (too fast I might add)

"Progress was alright once, but it's gone on too long." - Ogden Nash, American humorist.

>Bob

28 Sep 2004 17:20:11
Ratchet
Re: Great search engine!

Bob Jewett wrote:
> Patrick Johnson <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@thiscomcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Steve. wrote:
>>
>>>... There is only one player in the search engine field and that is Google.
>

>>You know that's true when the name has been verbized ("I Googled it up
>>on the ol' computer").
>

> There was a story today about a Canadian journalist who was taken
> prisoner in northern Iraq (maybe by Ansar al-Islam). The local
> Emir was about to release him when the Emir and all the
> Canadian's documents were destroyed in an attack (presumably by
> the US). His new captors identified him by googling him on the
> internet. Eventually, he was released.
>
> On the other hand, at one time Alta Vista was the only search
> engine to use.
>
> Bob

I used to like WebCrawler.............

29 Sep 2004 20:14:30
Mark0
Re: Great search engine!

One word. SWEET!

Thamks for the tip.

Mark0

=
"Bob Johnson" <bobj@cris.com > wrote in message
> Amazon offers search engine ***
> There's a new search engine in town. A9 (www.a9.com) is part of
Amazon.com.
> Its search technology is much the same as others (in fact, it's Google's
> technology), but you'll see how it differs from other search engines as
soon
> as the results page appears.
>
> Give it a shot. Enter billiards as the search and check out the photos
that
> come up!
>
> --
> Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.