27 Sep 2006 17:46:44
SoCalCarl
Custom Cue Question

Hi all...

I've been shooting with a Joss East cue for a number of years and have
been very happy with the way it hits. Recently, however, I've been
thinking about having a custom cue made. I'd like it to have some
personalized characteristics but, somehow, have a similar feel to my
Joss. Does anybody have any recommendations...either of a good maker
who can make that happen, or as regards a strategy for ending up with a

cue that I'm happy with.

Thanks...

Carl

28 Sep 2006 00:23:17
Bob Johnson
Re: Custom Cue Question

Carl, I have a custom Joss by Dan Janes and love it. You might start with
the guy that made the cue you've been using. www.josscues.com For some
reason, a lot of folks don't seem to realize you can call Dan, talk with
him, and order a cue to your specs.
--
Bob Johnson, Denver/Thornton, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"SoCalCarl" <carlsmail@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Hi all...
>
> I've been shooting with a Joss East cue for a number of years and have
> been very happy with the way it hits. Recently, however, I've been
> thinking about having a custom cue made. I'd like it to have some
> personalized characteristics but, somehow, have a similar feel to my
> Joss. Does anybody have any recommendations...either of a good maker
> who can make that happen, or as regards a strategy for ending up with a
>
> cue that I'm happy with.
>

> Thanks...
>

> Carl

29 Sep 2006 03:14:47
billiardbabe
Re: Custom Cue Question

Check out http://omencues.com/andcontact Pete, he has been making custome
cues for almost 30 years. I can't compare the cue to the Joss, but he can
make you whatever you want. He is making me a cue at the present time and I
chose my cue from blocks of wood--so you can design anything you want.
BB