17 Mar 2007 07:27:53
Joe
jWhere can I find NBA draft information?


Looking for NBA draft position versus team record. Also wondering how
often the team with the worst record gets the top pick. And I thought
there was something about the worst record team drafting no longer
than number three. Cant find any of that info on the net.

Joe




17 Mar 2007 15:08:11
Neil Cerutti
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?

On 2007-03-17, Joe <skyking995@comcast.net > wrote:
> Looking for NBA draft position versus team record. Also
> wondering how often the team with the worst record gets the top
> pick. And I thought there was something about the worst record
> team drafting no longer than number three. Cant find any of
> that info on the net.

Read this link for a good explanation.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml

The important part:

ODDS FOR 2006 #1 PICK
1. Portland 25.0%
2. New York* 19.9%
3. Charlotte 13.8%
4. Atlanta 13.7%
5. Toronto 8.8%
6. Minnesota 5.3%
7. Boston 5.3%
8. Houston 2.3%
9. Golden State 2.2%
10. Seattle 1.1%
11. Orlando 0.8%
12. New Orleans 0.7%
13. Philadelphia 0.6%
14. Utah 0.5%

You'll have to replace those teams from 2006 with their
respective records from this season, but at least they're in
the right order.

--
Neil Cerutti


17 Mar 2007 20:02:01
Joe
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?


Thanks for the information. That answers part of the question but
what about previous years? How often does the team with the worst
record get the number one pick? Last year was sort of weird with
Toronto only having an 8% chance getting the number one pick. Then
they waste it on a stiff.

Joe

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:08:11 GMT, Neil Cerutti <horpner@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml



18 Mar 2007 12:30:56
Neil Cerutti
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?

On 2007-03-18, Joe <skyking995@comcast.net > wrote:
> Thanks for the information. That answers part of the question
> but what about previous years? How often does the team with
> the worst record get the number one pick? Last year was sort
> of weird with Toronto only having an 8% chance getting the
> number one pick. Then they waste it on a stiff.

It was on the chart. The team with the worst record has a 25%
chance to get the first pick.

--
Neil Cerutti


18 Mar 2007 17:42:20
Joe
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?


I am talking about past years. Only saw last year.


On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:30:56 GMT, Neil Cerutti <horpner@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>On 2007-03-18, Joe <skyking995@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Thanks for the information. That answers part of the question
>> but what about previous years? How often does the team with
>> the worst record get the number one pick? Last year was sort
>> of weird with Toronto only having an 8% chance getting the
>> number one pick. Then they waste it on a stiff.
>
>It was on the chart. The team with the worst record has a 25%
>chance to get the first pick.



18 Mar 2007 22:53:38
Neil Cerutti
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?

On 2007-03-19, Joe <skyking995@comcast.net > wrote:
> I am talking about past years. Only saw last year.

I could be wrong, but my recollection is that the team with the
worst record winning the #1 hasn't come close to 25% yet
historically.

--
Neil Cerutti


18 Mar 2007 16:58:00
artyw2@yahoo.com
Re: jWhere can I find NBA draft information?

On Mar 17, 11:02 pm, Joe <skyking...@comcast.net > wrote:
> Thanks for the information. That answers part of the question but
> what about previous years? How often does the team with the worst
> record get the number one pick? Last year was sort of weird with
> Toronto only having an 8% chance getting the number one pick. Then
> they waste it on a stiff.

Who is going to be the Rookie of the Year this year? Nobody is
standing out in my mind.