22 Apr 2005 09:45:35
s_knight8
Zo faces team he spurned

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-heatnote22apr22,0,287
9332.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

"I look at them as an obstacle in our way from accomplishing a championship
goal," the 35-year-old reserve said. "What has happened personally, what has
happened with me and the New Jersey Nets is in the past.

"I don't like to dwell on the past. ... I like to look forward. I see so
many great things happening to us in the near future."

"I wasn't here at the beginning of this season, but everybody in the
organization had championship aspirations," Mourning said. "My reason for
leaving New Jersey was to come here and be a part of a championship
contender.

"I might not show that excited look right now, but come Sunday at 3 o'clock
we're going to be on a mission. We've got 16 games to win, and across the
board everybody in here understands their roles and responsibilities and
what it takes to do that."

Point guard Damon Jones said he is respectful of the test posed by Nets
guard Jason Kidd. "He's, in my mind, the best point guard in the game,
because he involves everybody in the game and he's able to do his thing,
also," Jones said. "I'm going to have to keep him out of the paint and
contest all his jump shots." ...

The Nets are expected to play a lot of zone defense, which should give
Haslem his share of open shots as defenders sag against O'Neal. "I've had a
little bit of success shooting the ball against those guys, so I'll be
prepared for it," Haslem said. "But, if not, then I'll look to get the ball
into the big fella."






22 Apr 2005 17:05:09
Granville Waiters' Ghost
Re: Zo faces team he spurned

In article <d4av5v$glr@dispatch.concentric.net >,
"s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com > wrote:

> "I look at them as an obstacle in our way from accomplishing a championship
> goal," the 35-year-old reserve said. "What has happened personally, what has
> happened with me and the New Jersey Nets is in the past.
>
> "I don't like to dwell on the past. ... I like to look forward. I see so
> many great things happening to us in the near future."


God I love the NBA. This is a team that basically gave him...
I think the finally tally was some $17 million dollars...
for playing about 40 games over two years. He's a very big
man to get over that.


22 Apr 2005 10:23:54
Marc Heiden
Re: Zo faces team he spurned


Granville Waiters' Ghost wrote:
> In article <d4av5v$glr@dispatch.concentric.net>,
> "s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "I look at them as an obstacle in our way from accomplishing a
championship
> > goal," the 35-year-old reserve said. "What has happened personally,
what has
> > happened with me and the New Jersey Nets is in the past.
> >
> > "I don't like to dwell on the past. ... I like to look forward. I
see so
> > many great things happening to us in the near future."
>
>
> God I love the NBA. This is a team that basically gave him...
> I think the finally tally was some $17 million dollars...
> for playing about 40 games over two years. He's a very big
> man to get over that.

Just think of the vengeance that will burn in the hearts of Latrell
Sprewell's hungry children against the Minnesota Timberwolves.



24 Apr 2005 17:51:34
Soldier
Re: Zo faces team he spurned

On 22 Apr 2005 09:45:35 EDT, "s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com > blurted:

>http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-heatnote22apr22,0,287
>9332.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat
>
>"I look at them as an obstacle in our way from accomplishing a championship
>goal," the 35-year-old reserve said. "What has happened personally, what has
>happened with me and the New Jersey Nets is in the past.
>
>"I don't like to dwell on the past. ... I like to look forward. I see so
>many great things happening to us in the near future."
>
>"I wasn't here at the beginning of this season, but everybody in the
>organization had championship aspirations," Mourning said. "My reason for
>leaving New Jersey was to come here and be a part of a championship
>contender.

Yur name is now Zo*, cousin of El Bo* and Gee Pee*