30 Apr 2005 13:46:06
s_knight8
Pierce wants the ball more

http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=55663

``I think that if I'm the team captain, the All-Star, then I have to get the
ball,'' Pierce said before yesterday's practice at Conseco Fieldhouse. ``For
me to only get 13 looks in a playoff game, in that kind of atmosphere, isn't
right. I think the ball definitely needs to be in my hands. It's nothing
that Indiana is doing - it's something we're not doing. I go for too many
possessions without touching the ball. If I'm supposed to be the go-to guy
on this team, then we have to recognize that. I want that opportunity. If
I'm the leader of this team, then let me do that. I can handle the pressure.
They pay me big money to be the captain, so let me do it.''

Asked about his teammates' reaction to his view, Pierce said, ``I don't
see nobody disagreeing with me. It's part of all of us.''

01 May 2005 14:53:04
cLIeNUX user
Re: Pierce wants the ball more

humbubba@smart.net
>http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=55663
>
>``I think that if I'm the team captain, the All-Star, then I have to get the
>ball,'' Pierce said before yesterday's practice at Conseco Fieldhouse. ``For
>me to only get 13 looks in a playoff game, in that kind of atmosphere, isn't
>right. I think the ball definitely needs to be in my hands. It's nothing
>that Indiana is doing - it's something we're not doing. I go for too many
>possessions without touching the ball. If I'm supposed to be the go-to guy
>on this team, then we have to recognize that. I want that opportunity. If
>I'm the leader of this team, then let me do that. I can handle the pressure.
>They pay me big money to be the captain, so let me do it.''
>
> Asked about his teammates' reaction to his view, Pierce said, ``I don't
>see nobody disagreeing with me. It's part of all of us.''

Sounds like The Blankity Blank Truth.

--

Rick (Richard Allen) Hohensee
write-in candidate, President of the United States of America

03 May 2005 06:19:08
Joe Blow

cLIeNUX user wrote:

> humbubba@smart.net
>
>>http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=55663
>>
>>``I think that if I'm the team captain, the All-Star, then I have to get the
>>ball,'' Pierce said before yesterday's practice at Conseco Fieldhouse. ``For
>>me to only get 13 looks in a playoff game, in that kind of atmosphere, isn't
>>right. I think the ball definitely needs to be in my hands. It's nothing
>>that Indiana is doing - it's something we're not doing. I go for too many
>>possessions without touching the ball. If I'm supposed to be the go-to guy
>>on this team, then we have to recognize that. I want that opportunity. If
>>I'm the leader of this team, then let me do that. I can handle the pressure.
>>They pay me big money to be the captain, so let me do it.''
>>
>> Asked about his teammates' reaction to his view, Pierce said, ``I don't
>>see nobody disagreeing with me. It's part of all of us.''
>>

> Sounds like The Blankity Blank Truth.

Sounds like the grumblings of a primma donna who will win no
favors from his teammates...

JB