13 Oct 2006 11:32:56
Mike
"NBA players call a foul on new ball"

NBA players call a foul on new ball
Spalding, the official supplier of basketballs to the league, is
playing defense because of its introduction of a microfiber composite
ball in place of the traditional leather, the first significant change
to the ball in 35 years.
at http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20061012-115953-8257r.htm

13 Oct 2006 18:56:20
Ralph Kennedy
Re: "NBA players call a foul on new ball"

"Mike" <yared22311@yahoo.com > writes:

> NBA players call a foul on new ball
> Spalding, the official supplier of basketballs to the league, is
> playing defense because of its introduction of a microfiber composite
> ball in place of the traditional leather, the first significant change
> to the ball in 35 years.
> at http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20061012-115953-8257r.htm

Apparently all but two minor role players on
the Suns hate the new ball too.

--Ralph Kennedy {ames,gatech,husc6,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!kennedy
{allegra,decvax,ihnp4,oddjob}--^
^---------------The Wrong Choice
internet: kennedy@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

13 Oct 2006 12:37:31
Re: "NBA players call a foul on new ball"

www.popshoes.com.cn(nike shoes)

msn:indulging@hotmail.com

13 Oct 2006 12:39:52
Re: "NBA players call a foul on new ball"

sell nike sport shoes

> www.popshoes.com.cn
>
> msn:indulging@hotmail.com

13 Oct 2006 15:56:47
Bucky

Mike wrote:
> NBA players call a foul on new ball

I find it kind of ironic. The reason the NBA supposedly switched to the
new ball was because the traditional leather one would lose some grip
or the feel would change when it was wet. The new ball is supposed to
be made of composite material that "wicks" moisture away and lets it
evaporate faster for a more consistent feel. Yet the feedback from some
players was that "the ball is too sticky when dry and too slick when
wet."

I would think that the better solution would be to supply many leather
balls per game. Maybe swap them out every 5 minutes so that they never
get too wet. I don't know how many balls are available per game
currently.

Or they could request NBA players to stop sweating. =)

14 Oct 2006 01:52:31
Neil Cerutti

On 2006-10-13, Bucky <uw_badgers@email.com > wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> NBA players call a foul on new ball
>
> I find it kind of ironic. The reason the NBA supposedly
> switched to the new ball was because the traditional leather
> one would lose some grip or the feel would change when it was
> wet. The new ball is supposed to be made of composite material
> that "wicks" moisture away and lets it evaporate faster for a
> more consistent feel. Yet the feedback from some players was
> that "the ball is too sticky when dry and too slick when wet."
>
> I would think that the better solution would be to supply many
> leather balls per game. Maybe swap them out every 5 minutes so
> that they never get too wet. I don't know how many balls are
> available per game currently.
>
> Or they could request NBA players to stop sweating. =)

I just want them to stop whining. Jeeze! Change is hard, I guess.

--
Neil Cerutti