28 Jun 2003 10:07:01
s_knight8
Lebron doesn't want to play in all the summer league games

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/6190998.htm

CLEVELAND - LeBron James and the Cavaliers will sit down for contract
talks next week, but a main issue might not be over money. James is
slotted to receive a four-year contract worth $18.79 million; that
much is settled. What will be a topic of conversation, it seems, is
how involved James will be in the team's summer plans.

``Right now it is kind of up in the air; my agent and I are going to
talk to the Cavs about it,'' James said. ``If we get an understanding,
I'll play in every last one of them. It is important, I want to get
acquainted with my teammates, then again it may not be smart to play
in them all.''

28 Jun 2003 15:21:36
Tribe Fan
Re: Lebron doesn't want to play in all the summer league games

As I remember as well, NONE of the hardly ever do.
Just look at the facts, jack.

" bozak" <bozak@mail.com > wrote in message

> "s_knight8" <s_knight8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/6190998.htm
> >
> > CLEVELAND - LeBron James and the Cavaliers will sit down for contract
> > talks next week, but a main issue might not be over money. James is
> > slotted to receive a four-year contract worth $18.79 million; that
> > much is settled. What will be a topic of conversation, it seems, is
> > how involved James will be in the team's summer plans.
> >
> > ``Right now it is kind of up in the air; my agent and I are going to
> > talk to the Cavs about it,'' James said. ``If we get an understanding,
> > I'll play in every last one of them. It is important, I want to get
> > acquainted with my teammates, then again it may not be smart to play
> > in them all.''
>
> most number 1 picks dont play in all of the summer league games...

29 Jun 2003 12:55:27
Dave McNulla

"Tribe Fan" <tribe@wcnet.org > wrote in message
> As I remember as well, NONE of the hardly ever do.
> Just look at the facts, jack.

tim duncan had refined his game already in four years of ncaa competition
before he played in the summer league. of course, he's not the average #1.
most #1'sdon't get back to back mvp's.

dave

http://texnews.com/texsports97/spurs072597.html

Duncan and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich were not immediately available for
comment. They were headed to Utah, where Duncan will play in a summer league
along with teammates Monty Williams and Cory Alexander, said team spokesman
Tom James.

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=200&xlc=1006242
Two days later, Popovich flew to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands to chat up
Duncan. Not too long after the draft, Popovich asked Duncan if he would play
on the Spurs' summer-league team in Salt Lake City - an unusual request of a
No. 1 pick.

"It took me about three seconds to convince him to go," Popovich said. "That
told me what kind of person I was dealing with."