25 Sep 2005 12:06:51
s_knight8
Iverson says he has 100% chance of winning championship....

....if he had Yao Ming.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/2005/09/24/1233884-ap.html

Visiting China's largest city on a promotional tour, Iverson was asked
whether his chances of accomplishing that goal would be boosted by a
partnership with Shanghai's hometown hero Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets.
The answer: No question. "I think if Yao Ming was on my team, we'd probably
have a 100 per cent chance of winning an NBA championship," Iverson said."

26 Sep 2005 07:36:56
Napoleon
Re: Iverson says he has 100% chance of winning championship....

i don't think so

26 Sep 2005 11:45:19
Dewey

"s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> ....if he had Yao Ming.

He have to actually pass the ball to Yao once in a while. Or maybe he
figures he just needs some tall guy to grab all his bricks.

29 Sep 2005 20:56:34
Jack Straw
Re: Iverson says he has 100% chance of winning championship....

"s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com > wrote in

> ....if he had Yao Ming.

well at least hed have someone to clean up all his bricks.

02 Oct 2005 01:05:02
umo
Re: Iverson says he has 100% chance of winning championship....

Iverson was on a promotional tour in China...so naturally he gonna say
nice things about the chinaman. Yao is a very ordinary big man. He is
not even good enough to make the top 20 in scoring or rebounding.

09 Oct 2005 04:24:26
Scott

umo wrote:
> Iverson was on a promotional tour in China...so naturally he gonna say
> nice things about the chinaman. Yao is a very ordinary big man. He is
> not even good enough to make the top 20 in scoring or rebounding.

Agreed, I never understood how the sports writers fawned over Yao.
Yeah, he's better than Shawn Bradley and Greg Ostertag, but he's still
lightyears behind the the upper crust of centers. Give me Ewing,
Mutumbo, Hakeem, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, David Robinson... any of
those guys in their primes would wipe the floor with Yao.

(In Yao's defense, that guy is playing basketball like 360 days out of
the year... regardless, he doesn't have the body or talent to be a truly
great center, IMHO.)

--

Scott...
NBA Blogs - http://NBAWebLog.com/nba/

09 Oct 2005 00:55:32
Steven (remove wax and invalid

Scott wrote:
> umo wrote:
>
>> Iverson was on a promotional tour in China...so naturally he gonna say
>> nice things about the chinaman. Yao is a very ordinary big man. He is
>> not even good enough to make the top 20 in scoring or rebounding.
>
> Agreed, I never understood how the sports writers fawned over Yao. Yeah,
> he's better than Shawn Bradley and Greg Ostertag, but he's still
> lightyears behind the the upper crust of centers. Give me Ewing,
> Mutumbo, Hakeem, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, David Robinson... any of
> those guys in their primes would wipe the floor with Yao.
>
> (In Yao's defense, that guy is playing basketball like 360 days out of
> the year... regardless, he doesn't have the body or talent to be a truly
> great center, IMHO.)

Is it possible that he has the talent and not the body? Mainly he can't
move laterally and his arms are short, from what I see, but he passes
and shoots well, IMO, and plays smart?

--
Steven