29 Dec 2004 20:38:24
s_knight8
Hornets suspend Jackson for not reporting

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYw
N0aA--?slug=ap-hornets-jacksonsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets suspended Jim Jackson
indefinitely on Wednesday for not reporting to the team, two days after he
was acquired from Houston in a trade.

Jackson, who plays guard and forward, was acquired from the Rockets along
with forward Bostjan Nachbar for guard David Wesley.

The trade will not be affected by Jackson's suspension, the Hornets said in
a statement Wednesday. Nachbar was available for the New Orleans' home game
Wednesday night against Phoenix.

03 Jan 2005 14:53:09
Neil Cerutti
Re: Hornets suspend Jackson for not reporting

In article <cqvm6g$oqi@dispatch.concentric.net >, s_knight8 wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYw
> N0aA--?slug=ap-hornets-jacksonsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets suspended Jim
> Jackson indefinitely on Wednesday for not reporting to the
> team, two days after he was acquired from Houston in a trade.
>
> Jackson, who plays guard and forward, was acquired from the
> Rockets along with forward Bostjan Nachbar for guard David
> Wesley.
>
> The trade will not be affected by Jackson's suspension, the
> Hornets said in a statement Wednesday. Nachbar was available
> for the New Orleans' home game Wednesday night against Phoenix.

I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
they get him? Being traded for Nachbar, Jeff and Wesley just
sucks.

--
Neil Cerutti

03 Jan 2005 11:06:28
Sports Fan

On 3 Jan 2005 14:53:09 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net > wrote:

>In article <cqvm6g$oqi@dispatch.concentric.net>, s_knight8 wrote:
>> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYw
>> N0aA--?slug=ap-hornets-jacksonsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns
>>
>> NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets suspended Jim
>> Jackson indefinitely on Wednesday for not reporting to the
>> team, two days after he was acquired from Houston in a trade.
>>
>> Jackson, who plays guard and forward, was acquired from the
>> Rockets along with forward Bostjan Nachbar for guard David
>> Wesley.
>>
>> The trade will not be affected by Jackson's suspension, the
>> Hornets said in a statement Wednesday. Nachbar was available
>> for the New Orleans' home game Wednesday night against Phoenix.
>
>I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
>doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
>they get him?

You never know what happens inside, he could be a rebel or not a team
player.
He switched 10 teams in 13 years, so there is something in him that
makes coaches and general managers not that ready to renew contracts.

>Being traded for Nachbar, Jeff and Wesley just
>sucks.

Who is Jeff?
Also, Nachbar was with him on that trade not for him.
Rockets sent Jackson and Nachbar and got Wesley from the Hornets.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=363327

03 Jan 2005 20:37:54

In article <ib5jt0p3j6vv4j2r0vfotk8mm3j33pjikj@4ax.com >, Sports Fan wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2005 14:53:09 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>>I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
>>doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
>>they get him?
>
> You never know what happens inside, he could be a rebel or not
> a team player. He switched 10 teams in 13 years, so there is
> something in him that makes coaches and general managers not
> that ready to renew contracts.

For a while he was the Rockets most consistent player.

>>Being traded for Nachbar, Jeff and Wesley just
>>sucks.
>
> Who is Jeff?

It's a silly reference to Groening's _Life in Hell_ character,
Ackbar and Jeff. I can't help thinking of them whenever Nachbar
is mentioned.

> Also, Nachbar was with him on that trade not for him. Rockets
> sent Jackson and Nachbar and got Wesley from the Hornets.

Whoops. Well, that's even worse. ;)

--
Neil Cerutti

03 Jan 2005 22:46:52
Terrence Brannon

Sports Fan <sports@fan.home > writes:

> On 3 Jan 2005 14:53:09 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>
>>In article <cqvm6g$oqi@dispatch.concentric.net>, s_knight8 wrote:
>>> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYw
>>> N0aA--?slug=ap-hornets-jacksonsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns
>>>
>>> NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets suspended Jim
>>> Jackson indefinitely on Wednesday for not reporting to the
>>> team, two days after he was acquired from Houston in a trade.
>>>
>>> Jackson, who plays guard and forward, was acquired from the
>>> Rockets along with forward Bostjan Nachbar for guard David
>>> Wesley.
>>>
>>> The trade will not be affected by Jackson's suspension, the
>>> Hornets said in a statement Wednesday. Nachbar was available
>>> for the New Orleans' home game Wednesday night against Phoenix.
>>
>>I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
>>doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
>>they get him?

He is certainly a good player. Maybe he is worth more than any team
can afford. If he were no good he would not have stayed in the NBA for
13 years.

--
Terrence Brannon, sundevil@livingcosmos.org, http://www.livingcosmos.org

03 Jan 2005 15:41:02
Sports Fan

On 3 Jan 2005 20:37:54 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net > wrote:

>>>Being traded for Nachbar, Jeff and Wesley just
>>>sucks.
>>
>> Who is Jeff?
>
>It's a silly reference to Groening's _Life in Hell_ character,
>Ackbar and Jeff. I can't help thinking of them whenever Nachbar
>is mentioned.

Sorry, didn't get it when I read it first.

04 Jan 2005 06:42:23
cLIeNUX user
Re: Hornets suspend Jackson for not reporting

humbubba@smart.net
>In article <ib5jt0p3j6vv4j2r0vfotk8mm3j33pjikj@4ax.com>, Sports Fan wrote:
>> On 3 Jan 2005 14:53:09 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
>>>I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
>>>doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
>>>they get him?
>>
>> You never know what happens inside, he could be a rebel or not
>> a team player. He switched 10 teams in 13 years, so there is
>> something in him that makes coaches and general managers not
>> that ready to renew contracts.
>
>For a while he was the Rockets most consistent player.
>
>>>Being traded for Nachbar, Jeff and Wesley just
>>>sucks.
>>
>> Who is Jeff?
>
>It's a silly reference to Groening's _Life in Hell_ character,
>Ackbar and Jeff. I can't help thinking of them whenever Nachbar
>is mentioned.

Ah yes, Jeff and Nachbar's Parking Garage, Where The Elite Meet to Greet
Defeat on Our Concrete.

>> Also, Nachbar was with him on that trade not for him. Rockets
>> sent Jackson and Nachbar and got Wesley from the Hornets.
>
>Whoops. Well, that's even worse. ;)
>
>--
>Neil Cerutti

04 Jan 2005 06:49:07
cLIeNUX user
Re: Hornets suspend Jackson for not reporting

humbubba@smart.net
>Sports Fan <sports@fan.home> writes:

>>>I hope the truth about Jackson comes out someday. He really
>>>doesn't seem a bad player, so why do teams hate him as soon as
>>>they get him?
>
>He is certainly a good player. Maybe he is worth more than any team
>can afford. If he were no good he would not have stayed in the NBA for
>13 years.

Good point. It must be the money. If he was a psychopath off the court
(he's pretty psycho on the court) the third of fourth victim would have
been warned. Van Horn is similar. A 40 mil player with a 65 mil contract.
Allen Houston is so pricey he doesn't have the problem. The Bobcats didn't
want him. They should have taken Stackhouse.