30 Jun 2003 08:22:34
s_knight8
ABC to get replace Walton and Tolbert with Doug Collins?

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html

The buzz

ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...

Vital stats

ABC's record-low 6.5 rating for The Finals was a plummet of 36 percent
from 2002, prompting nearly the heartburn of NBC's 40 percent dive in
1999 after Michael Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls.

Read all about it

Declaring their salaries weren't being justified by Web traffic,
FoxSports.com is laying off its entire platoon of columnists and
writers June 30.

30 Jun 2003 10:53:21
Dan
Re: ABC to get replace Walton and Tolbert with Doug Collins?

s_knight8 <s_knight8@hotmail.com > scribbled:

> http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
>
> The buzz
>
> ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
> Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
> reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...

hold on, how's this supposed to improve things?

--
" I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who
do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means "put

30 Jun 2003 14:59:16
Calen Yellow Robe

"Dan" <Pet_NOSPAM_Sounds1@hotmail.com > wrote in message news:<bdptea$vc5q9$1@ID-142071.news.dfncis.de>...
> s_knight8 <s_knight8@hotmail.com> scribbled:
>
> > http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
> >
> > The buzz
> >
> > ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
> > Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
> > reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...
>
> hold on, how's this supposed to improve things?

I was pretty happy when I saw "replace" and "Tom Tolbert" but then I
saw "with" and "Doug Collins". I don't know how to feel now.

30 Jun 2003 22:26:53
blah
Re: ABC to get replace Walton and Tolbert with Doug Collins?

On 30 Jun 2003 08:22:34 -0700, s_knight8@hotmail.com (s_knight8)
wrote:

>http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
>
> The buzz
>
>ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
>Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
>reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...
>
>Vital stats
>
>ABC's record-low 6.5 rating for The Finals was a plummet of 36 percent
>from 2002, prompting nearly the heartburn of NBC's 40 percent dive in
>1999 after Michael Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls.
>
>Read all about it
>
>Declaring their salaries weren't being justified by Web traffic,
>FoxSports.com is laying off its entire platoon of columnists and
>writers June 30.

abc sucks..they should've signed marv albert and mike fratello..the
tnt crews absolutely destroy abc

30 Jun 2003 16:09:29
Dave McNulla

"s_knight8" <s_knight8@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
>
> The buzz
>
> ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
> Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
> reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...
>
> Vital stats
>
> ABC's record-low 6.5 rating for The Finals was a plummet of 36 percent
> from 2002, prompting nearly the heartburn of NBC's 40 percent dive in
> 1999 after Michael Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls.
>
> Read all about it
>
> Declaring their salaries weren't being justified by Web traffic,
> FoxSports.com is laying off its entire platoon of columnists and
> writers June 30.

more likely, it was the video game interface. what a dog that was.

dave

30 Jun 2003 23:23:44
Gary Collard

blah wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2003 08:22:34 -0700, s_knight8@hotmail.com (s_knight8)
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
> >
> > The buzz
> >
> >ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
> >Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
> >reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...
> >
> >Vital stats
> >
> >ABC's record-low 6.5 rating for The Finals was a plummet of 36 percent
> >from 2002, prompting nearly the heartburn of NBC's 40 percent dive in
> >1999 after Michael Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls.
> >
> >Read all about it
> >
> >Declaring their salaries weren't being justified by Web traffic,
> >FoxSports.com is laying off its entire platoon of columnists and
> >writers June 30.
>
> abc sucks..they should've signed marv albert and mike fratello..the
> tnt crews absolutely destroy abc

Fratello and Van Gundy together were the worst I have ever heard, the game
seemed incidental to their constant "fueding," a bit like the old Walton
and Steve Jones team but worse. Marv has lost it, but like Harry Carey
circa the late 80's he has a certain senile charm to him.

--
Gary Collard
SABR-L Moderator

"I don't need Bush's tax cut. I have never worked a f***ing day
in my life." -- Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D, Rhode Island)

01 Jul 2003 05:17:24
hol
Re: ABC to get replace Walton and Tolbert with Doug Collins?

Then how come I wasn't offered the job?

Dave

--
Certitude is poison; curiosity is life
"eichler4" <eichler4@comcast.net > wrote in message
> I guess the world wants to see a bitter, blatant Laker hater behind the
mic.
> "s_knight8" <s_knight8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html
> >
> > The buzz
> >
> > ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill
> > Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and
> > reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...
> >
> > Vital stats
> >
> > ABC's record-low 6.5 rating for The Finals was a plummet of 36 percent
> > from 2002, prompting nearly the heartburn of NBC's 40 percent dive in
> > 1999 after Michael Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls.
> >
> > Read all about it
> >
> > Declaring their salaries weren't being justified by Web traffic,
> > FoxSports.com is laying off its entire platoon of columnists and
> > writers June 30.

01 Jul 2003 08:19:06
Lee Watkins
Re: ABC to get replace Walton and Tolbert with Doug Collins?

finally....some good news.

lee