29 Nov 2006 13:17:28
Edward M. Kennedy
You can't teach height

UNC by 15 over tOSU.

UVA doesn't suck anymore and beats Frank Purdue by 7.

BC continues its slide in an 8 point loss to MSU.

Iowa and VT both disqualified (not enough players) in four
overtimes after a bench clearing brawl.

Minnesota sucks, and Clemson claws them big time by some
undisclosed amount.

ACC squeeks out another victory. W3 OWNZ U! 8-0, just
like Duke

--Tedward

29 Nov 2006 18:35:03
Bill Lang
Re: You can't teach height

"Edward M. Kennedy" <doidy@wox.com >, What came first, the music or
the misery?

> Iowa and VT both disqualified (not enough players) in four
> overtimes after a bench clearing brawl.

You donut fsck with Seth. He will kick your ass and steal your
bubblegum.

--
wjlmuttatyeahwhodotcom

"Is that Peter f%&$#*@ Frampton?"

29 Nov 2006 14:47:58
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: You can't teach height

"Bill Lang" <wjlmutt@bitememindspring.com > wrote

> > Iowa and VT both disqualified (not enough players) in four
> > overtimes after a bench clearing brawl.
>
> You donut fsck with Seth. He will kick your ass and steal your
> bubblegum.

I know that.

--Tedward

30 Nov 2006 03:39:27
Don Del Grande
Re: You can't teach height

Edward M. Kennedy wrote:

>Iowa and VT both disqualified (not enough players) in four
>overtimes after a bench clearing brawl.

That requires quite a fight - the only way both teams can be DQ'ed
like this is if every player on both teams is ejected. (You need five
to start, but you can play with as few as two - or even one, if the
referee thinks your team has a chance to win. I remember a game
mentioned in SI where a team won even after being down to one player;
after the opponents scored, the one player had to throw it in off an
opponent and hope to control the ball. Presumably, after the first
attempt, they just backed off, forced long throw-ins, and grabbed the
ball each time.)

(However, yes, if an entire bench clears for a fight, or even "when a
fight may break out", they are all ejected, and the replay cameras can
(and would) be used to see who got off the bench.)

-- Don

30 Nov 2006 10:49:57
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: You can't teach height

"Don Del Grande" <del_grande_news@earthlink.net > wrote

> >Iowa and VT both disqualified (not enough players) in four
> >overtimes after a bench clearing brawl.
>
> That requires quite a fight -

Nah, it was after four overtimes, at which point you'd
expect several players to have fouled out already.

> the only way both teams can be DQ'ed
> like this is if every player on both teams is ejected. (You need five
> to start, but you can play with as few as two - or even one, if the
> referee thinks your team has a chance to win.

I believe in the NCAA you now need at least 3 players
to continue.

--Tedward

01 Dec 2006 02:55:15
Don Del Grande
Re: You can't teach height

"Edward M. Kennedy" <doidy@wox.com > wrote:

> Don Del Grande wrote:

>> the only way both teams can be DQ'ed
>> like this is if every player on both teams is ejected. (You need five
>> to start, but you can play with as few as two - or even one, if the
>> referee thinks your team has a chance to win.

> I believe in the NCAA you now need at least 3 players
> to continue.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_m_w_basketball_rules.pdf
Turn to page 64; read Rule 3, Section 1, Articles 2 and 3.

Of course, in actuality, if a sizable number of players get off the
bench, then all of them would, or risk being treated as pariahs for
not sticking up for the others (especially whoever was involved in
whatever caused the bench to clear in the first place).

-- Don

01 Dec 2006 10:29:37
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: You can't teach height

"Don Del Grande" <del_grande_news@earthlink.net > wrote

> >> the only way both teams can be DQ'ed
> >> like this is if every player on both teams is ejected. (You need five
> >> to start, but you can play with as few as two - or even one, if the
> >> referee thinks your team has a chance to win.
>
> > I believe in the NCAA you now need at least 3 players
> > to continue.
>
> http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_m_w_basketball_rules.pdf
> Turn to page 64; read Rule 3, Section 1, Articles 2 and 3.

Thanks. That's been changed.

--Tedward