25 Nov 2004 04:49:06
Donnie Barnes
Wow.

UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I wanted
to see UNC play the toughest games possible. Maybe they did anyway, who
knows. But in any event, they put up 59 points against Iowa in the first
half and just cruised from there. No box scores available yet, but it was
a very balanced attack, too.

I can't say enough about McCants on defense. He's a *good* defender. Sean
May now runs like a college stud should run the court, too. Raymond Felton
is simply amazing at times, though he's still got to get the turnovers
under control a bit more. His dunk and then that spin move tonight will be
plays of the week all over the place this week. But he also hit threes and
threw passes.

It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.

--Donnie

Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Wow.

"Donnie Barnes" <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote:

> It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.

Sane minds were only wishing for that.
We hates you, yes yesss.

--Tedward

24 Nov 2004 23:45:11
Larry R Harrison Jr
Re: Wow.

Good observations Donnie. And it sure looks like my earlier "stick a fork"
posting about the Heels couldn't have been more baseless. Paint me wrong on
that one, and consider me enlightened to reality.

LRH

"Donnie Barnes" <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote in message
> UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
> annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I
> wanted
> to see UNC play the toughest games possible. Maybe they did anyway, who
> knows. But in any event, they put up 59 points against Iowa in the first
> half and just cruised from there. No box scores available yet, but it was
> a very balanced attack, too.
>
> I can't say enough about McCants on defense. He's a *good* defender.
> Sean
> May now runs like a college stud should run the court, too. Raymond
> Felton
> is simply amazing at times, though he's still got to get the turnovers
> under control a bit more. His dunk and then that spin move tonight will
> be
> plays of the week all over the place this week. But he also hit threes
> and
> threw passes.
>
> It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.

25 Nov 2004 04:09:10
Tom Adams
Re: Wow.

Donnie Barnes <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote in message news:<slrncqap13.9a0.djbSPAMSUCKS@localhost.localdomain>...
> UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
> annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I wanted
> to see UNC play the toughest games possible. Maybe they did anyway, who
> knows. But in any event, they put up 59 points against Iowa in the first
> half and just cruised from there. No box scores available yet, but it was
> a very balanced attack, too.
>
> I can't say enough about McCants on defense. He's a *good* defender. Sean
> May now runs like a college stud should run the court, too. Raymond Felton
> is simply amazing at times, though he's still got to get the turnovers
> under control a bit more. His dunk and then that spin move tonight will be
> plays of the week all over the place this week. But he also hit threes and
> threw passes.
>
> It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.
>

> --Donnie

UNC: Five players, one hole.

25 Nov 2004 04:26:55
Tom Adams
Re: Wow.

Donnie Barnes <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote in message news:<slrncqap13.9a0.djbSPAMSUCKS@localhost.localdomain>...
> UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
> annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I wanted
> to see UNC play the toughest games possible.

Kentucky is UNC's only tough competition till January 8th.
Starting 1/8, they play a three game series (Maryland, GT, Wake) in 7
days that should be roughly equivalent in difficulty to playing the
last 3 rounds in the NCAA tourney. (Assuming the current polls are a
good measure of these teams.)

---
Five players, one hole.

25 Nov 2004 07:36:13
Diamondback
Re: Wow.

Ahhh, but the season is so young. Methinks there's plenty of opportunity
for disappointment in the future, so don't despair.

"Donnie Barnes" <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote in message
> UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
> annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I
> wanted
> to see UNC play the toughest games possible. Maybe they did anyway, who
> knows. But in any event, they put up 59 points against Iowa in the first
> half and just cruised from there. No box scores available yet, but it was
> a very balanced attack, too.
>
> I can't say enough about McCants on defense. He's a *good* defender.
> Sean
> May now runs like a college stud should run the court, too. Raymond
> Felton
> is simply amazing at times, though he's still got to get the turnovers
> under control a bit more. His dunk and then that spin move tonight will
> be
> plays of the week all over the place this week. But he also hit threes
> and
> threw passes.
>
> It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.

25 Nov 2004 12:44:03
Canuck Chuck
Re: Wow.

Donnie,

FYI - Iowa beat Lou and Tx. Tenn beat Stanford.

We canucks got a rare treat Monday as we got the UNC game (along with Duke v
Dav) on Raptors TV. Sounds like RTV is showing ESPN's Big Monday games this
year. If I want to pay $100 I can watch NCAA bball and fball every night.
They won't provide me a schedule of the games to be shown so I'm not sure
it's worth it, although they did have the second and final rounds of the
Maui classic.

Chuck

"Donnie Barnes" <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote in message
> UNC put on a pretty incredible offensive performance. I was actually
> annoyed that Tennessee beat Louisville and that Iowa beat Texas as I
wanted
> to see UNC play the toughest games possible. Maybe they did anyway, who
> knows. But in any event, they put up 59 points against Iowa in the first
> half and just cruised from there. No box scores available yet, but it was
> a very balanced attack, too.
>
> I can't say enough about McCants on defense. He's a *good* defender.
Sean
> May now runs like a college stud should run the court, too. Raymond
Felton
> is simply amazing at times, though he's still got to get the turnovers
> under control a bit more. His dunk and then that spin move tonight will
be
> plays of the week all over the place this week. But he also hit threes
and
> threw passes.
>
> It's nice that the sky isn't falling after all.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.

25 Nov 2004 19:30:45
Donnie Barnes
Re: Wow.

On Thu, 25 Nov, Canuck Chuck wrote:
> FYI - Iowa beat Lou and Tx. Tenn beat Stanford.

Damn, my bad. Well, if Iowa could beat Louisville *and* Texas then there's
a good chance that right now they were the better team of the three of
them. I do think Tennessee is better than Stanford this year, so I guess
UNC probably did play as tough a tournament as they could have given the
brackets.

As for the pre-ACC schedule, yeah, I'm under-impressed with what UNC has
left other than Kentucky. Perhaps Roy felt *this* team needed some cupcake
feasting mixed with a couple tough losses. I'm sure he probably figured if
there were tough losses they'd come in Maui and/or against Kentucky, though.

--Donnie

Drew
Re: Wow.

> On Thu, 25 Nov, Canuck Chuck wrote:
> > FYI - Iowa beat Lou and Tx. Tenn beat Stanford.
>
> Damn, my bad. Well, if Iowa could beat Louisville *and* Texas then there's
> a good chance that right now they were the better team of the three of
> them. I do think Tennessee is better than Stanford this year, so I guess
> UNC probably did play as tough a tournament as they could have given the
> brackets.

I read that one of Iowa's guys had a sprained ankle near the end of the
Texas game. So, maybe it could have been closer, but I doubt the
result would have changed much.

> As for the pre-ACC schedule, yeah, I'm under-impressed with what UNC has
> left other than Kentucky. Perhaps Roy felt *this* team needed some cupcake
> feasting mixed with a couple tough losses. I'm sure he probably figured if
> there were tough losses they'd come in Maui and/or against Kentucky, though.

Playing at Indiana is always an adventure, but even a Big Ten homer
such as myself will be chalking that one up to Carolina.

Drew