30 Nov 2005 12:06:53
Edward M. Kennedy
Tonight

MSU over GT big time, but you knew that.

MD over Minnesota comfortably.

Duke or Indiana...This one is a toss-up. Shelden should
limit Killingsworth. I think the key will be Duke's inside
game vs. Indiana's balanced attack and 3 point shooting.
Slight advantage Duke unless Indiana remains hot. Sixteen
three pointers in two straight games is insane (and illegal
in seven states).

Northwestern or VA? Who cares. You both suck.

Iowa plays good defense, which will defeat the pathetic
offense of NCSU.

Illinois will forfeit a game that wasn't even scheduled.
I must admit, I thought Brown's production would go up
more than one point per game. Augustine picked up some
slack as expected.

--Tedward

30 Nov 2005 12:27:09
mimus
Re: Tonight

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:06:53 -0500, Edward M. Kennedy wrote:

> Duke or Indiana...This one is a toss-up. Shelden should
> limit Killingsworth. I think the key will be Duke's inside
> game vs. Indiana's balanced attack and 3 point shooting.
> Slight advantage Duke unless Indiana remains hot. Sixteen
> three pointers in two straight games is insane (and illegal
> in seven states).

I heard a comment last night to the effect that Davis thinks this is the
best team he's had at IU.

Pretty scary.

Especially since they're comin' up for us, and if there's been one thing UK
has totally sucked at over the last coupla years it's been 3- point
defense.

--

The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

_Raw Recruits_ and _Undue Process_ for all,
Welcome to college basketball!

30 Nov 2005 13:04:05
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Tonight

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote in message news:vupbwub4gtk5.bth8ri4nqhel$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:06:53 -0500, Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
>
>> Duke or Indiana...This one is a toss-up. Shelden should
>> limit Killingsworth. I think the key will be Duke's inside
>> game vs. Indiana's balanced attack and 3 point shooting.
>> Slight advantage Duke unless Indiana remains hot. Sixteen
>> three pointers in two straight games is insane (and illegal
>> in seven states).
>
> I heard a comment last night to the effect that Davis thinks this is the
> best team he's had at IU.

Duke is a guard-heavy team too. They match up pretty well
except when McRoberts is in there with Shelden. That has
pluses and minuses.

--Tedward

30 Nov 2005 14:23:56
Harry
Re: Tonight

In article <dmkp40$vdp$1@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu >,
"Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com > wrote:
> Duke is a guard-heavy team too. They match up pretty well
> except when McRoberts is in there with Shelden. That has
> pluses and minuses.
> --Tedward

Watch for McRoberts to have a "break out" game tonight. He has been
politely playing second fiddle to Shelden.
Harry

30 Nov 2005 11:31:39
Ramar Wright
Re: Tonight

Harry wrote:
> In article <dmkp40$vdp$1@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>,
> "Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com> wrote:
> > Duke is a guard-heavy team too. They match up pretty well
> > except when McRoberts is in there with Shelden. That has
> > pluses and minuses.
> > --Tedward
>
> Watch for McRoberts to have a "break out" game tonight. He has been
> politely playing second fiddle to Shelden.
> Harry

Actually, I expect McRoberts to have a terrible game. Highly touted
freshmen rarely play well in their first trips to play before creepily
possessive home state crowds.

Ramar Wright

30 Nov 2005 15:36:12
Geoffrey F. Green
Re: Tonight

In article <1133379099.724643.59260@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com >,
"Ramar Wright" <ramarwright@hotmail.com > wrote:

> Harry wrote:
> > In article <dmkp40$vdp$1@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>,
> > "Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com> wrote:
> > > Duke is a guard-heavy team too. They match up pretty well
> > > except when McRoberts is in there with Shelden. That has
> > > pluses and minuses.
> > > --Tedward
> >
> > Watch for McRoberts to have a "break out" game tonight. He has been
> > politely playing second fiddle to Shelden.
> > Harry
>
> Actually, I expect McRoberts to have a terrible game. Highly touted
> freshmen rarely play well in their first trips to play before creepily
> possessive home state crowds.

What's your sample set?

- geoff

30 Nov 2005 15:48:29
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Tonight

"Geoffrey F. Green" <geoff-usenet2@stuebegreen.com > wrote

>> > Watch for McRoberts to have a "break out" game tonight. He has been
>> > politely playing second fiddle to Shelden.
>> > Harry
>>
>> Actually, I expect McRoberts to have a terrible game. Highly touted
>> freshmen rarely play well in their first trips to play before creepily
>> possessive home state crowds.
>
> What's your sample set?

Eleven games.

--Tedward

01 Dec 2005 03:01:22
Archie Leach
Re: Tonight

"Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com > wrote:

>MSU over GT big time, but you knew that.

GT hung tough, and drained a bunch of bombs at the end to have a shot
to win at the buzzer....................OH BUT IT HIT THE BACK OF THE
RIM, SO SORRY, JOSEPH JEONG WHEREVER YOU ARE..........

Was it Robert Gretta who was the other GTech Heauxmer in RSFC?

copyright ARCHIE LEACH

"On Wordscreens of the World"

In rec.sport.basketball.college, Harry <harry@... > wrote:

>At one time Duke was the cinderella team in America and everybody loved
>them. It was like the Beatles with all the groupies that threw their
>underwear at Laettner and Hurley.

30 Nov 2005 21:19:17
Drew
Re: Tonight

"Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com > wrote in message
> MSU over GT big time, but you knew that.

Not so big, but I suppose a win is a win.
Sparty's offense this season has been terrific,
but sadly it has been matched by an equally
large increase in points allowed. I didn't
think it was possible for our perimeter defense
to get worse, but it has. :-(

On the plus side, they've been highly
entertaining to watch, if I ignore the heart
palpitations and spots in front of my eyes
when they ALMOST BLOW A 9 POINT
LEAD WITH 1:16 TO PLAY!!!!!

Breathe, Drew. Breathe...

> MD over Minnesota comfortably.

Talk about a tale of two halves. I saw the
score early, and saw it late, and thought I
must have imagined the early double digit
lead for Minnesota. I just hope Minny will
be equally accomodating if they get a big
lead over the Spartans.

> Duke or Indiana...This one is a toss-up. Shelden should
> limit Killingsworth. I think the key will be Duke's inside
> game vs. Indiana's balanced attack and 3 point shooting.
> Slight advantage Duke unless Indiana remains hot. Sixteen
> three pointers in two straight games is insane (and illegal
> in seven states).

Duke by 9 at the half. Seems unlikely they'll blow
it, but I suppose it could happen.

> Northwestern or VA? Who cares. You both suck.

NW sucks worse. It's Leitao-mania in Virginia.

Drew

http://www.usenet.com

01 Dec 2005 10:35:18
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Tonight

"Edward M. Kennedy" <nospam@baconburger.com > wrote

> MSU over GT big time, but you knew that.

Half right. In a picking contest my RMS would have been
RUTsed.

> MD over Minnesota comfortably.

Check.

> Duke or Indiana...This one is a toss-up. Shelden should
> limit Killingsworth. I think the key will be Duke's inside
> game vs. Indiana's balanced attack and 3 point shooting.
> Slight advantage Duke unless Indiana remains hot. Sixteen
> three pointers in two straight games is insane (and illegal
> in seven states).

We didn't limit Killingsworth but did stop the three.

> Northwestern or VA? Who cares. You both suck.
>
> Iowa plays good defense, which will defeat the pathetic
> offense of NCSU.

Check squared. 42 points. Go join the Big East or something.

--Tedward

The B10 is our bitch