06 May 2007 16:39:36
mimus
There's Room for Optimism and Growth There

Billy Gillispie's arrival intensified UK's interest in Al-Farouq Aminu, a
power forward for Norcross (Ga.) High, Jodie Meeks' alma mater.

"I've heard from Kentucky a whole lot more on Farouq," Norcross Coach
Eddie Martin said. "Kentucky is touching base with me once a week.
Probably before that it was once or twice in a month."

Aminu, a top 15 national prospect, is a 6-8 junior. "He may get bigger,"
said Martin, who noted that the player won't turn 17 until the fall.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/62366.html

--

The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

_Raw Recruits_ and _Undue Process_ for all,
Welcome to college basketball!

07 May 2007 00:42:23
Donnie Barnes
Re: There's Room for Optimism and Growth There

On Sun, 06 May, mimus wrote:
> Billy Gillispie's arrival intensified UK's interest in Al-Farouq Aminu, a
> power forward for Norcross (Ga.) High, Jodie Meeks' alma mater.
>
> "I've heard from Kentucky a whole lot more on Farouq," Norcross Coach
> Eddie Martin said. "Kentucky is touching base with me once a week.
> Probably before that it was once or twice in a month."
>
> Aminu, a top 15 national prospect, is a 6-8 junior. "He may get bigger,"
> said Martin, who noted that the player won't turn 17 until the fall.
>
> http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/62366.html

I might jump off a bridge if you guys beat us for him. Supposedly Roy has
turned up the heat on this kid, too.

--Donnie

06 May 2007 22:46:27
mimus

On Mon, 07 May 2007 00:42:23 +0000, Donnie Barnes wrote:

> On Sun, 06 May, mimus wrote:
>> Billy Gillispie's arrival intensified UK's interest in Al-Farouq Aminu, a
>> power forward for Norcross (Ga.) High, Jodie Meeks' alma mater.
>>
>> "I've heard from Kentucky a whole lot more on Farouq," Norcross Coach
>> Eddie Martin said. "Kentucky is touching base with me once a week.
>> Probably before that it was once or twice in a month."
>>
>> Aminu, a top 15 national prospect, is a 6-8 junior. "He may get bigger,"
>> said Martin, who noted that the player won't turn 17 until the fall.
>>
>> http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/62366.html
>
> I might jump off a bridge if you guys beat us for him. Supposedly Roy has
> turned up the heat on this kid, too.

Trade ya two guards.