26 Nov 2004 23:16:21
Diamondback
Terps crush Memphis

I'm biased, I know, but ...

Had Gary not pulled the starting kids with 4 minutes left, it would have
been the worst Memphis loss ever. The Tigers were ranked #24, but I gotta
think they were a little overrated. They had no half-court game whatsoever.
Calapari has a lot of work to do.

As for the Terps, the ACC may want to watch this Gist kid very closely.

26 Nov 2004 23:28:55
Clockwork Orange
Re: Terps crush Memphis

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, "Diamondback"
<diamondback@hotmail.com >!

> Had Gary not pulled the starting kids with 4 minutes left, it
> would have been the worst Memphis loss ever. The Tigers were
> ranked #24, but I gotta think they were a little overrated.
> They had no half-court game whatsoever. Calapari has a lot of
> work to do.

Memphis relies too much on that Carney kid. They stand around and
watch him. He's good, but he ain't THAT good.

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

27 Nov 2004 14:49:03
Bill Burk
Re: Terps crush Memphis

Correction to Diamondback's subject line: "Terps Crush Memphis."

Not true.

They crushed HELL out of us !!!

My granddaughter, slight and age early 12, joined her first basketball team
in Ft. Lauderdale last week. The team has only one player who has ever
played before. They practiced one time, then opened against the defending
city champions of their league.

Got beat 70-2 !

In last night's 2nd half vs. Maryland, I kept looking in the Tigers'
"defense" for my granddaughter !!!!!

We made Maryland look like Final 4 champions. Hell, we should have sent this
Maryland team to represent the USA in the Olympics last August !!!!!!

SyrO: >> Memphis relies too much on that Carney kid. They stand around and
watch him. He's good, but he ain't THAT good. >>

Without a talented big man in the middle, the Tigers, for two seasons now,
"live by the 3, die by the 3." You remember last year, Orange, when we
whupped your ass in the Garden in the season opener. All the 3s fell. Then
last week, y'all whupped our asses because none of the 3s fell.

And you're right. Cal's boys stand around far too much, waiting for the
pass so they can launch their 3.

I don't buy the philosophy that PGs can only pass. Two years ago Cal
finally let Antonio Burks SHOOT, as well as pass, and in many, many games
Burks pulled the Tigers out in final moments with his penetration and
shooting. Darius Williams is being moved from SG to PG and I think he is
under orders to 99% pass, but hell, if nobody else wants to get into the
middle, let him penetrate and shoot.

It's going to be a long, long December for the Tigers; and who knows what in
the C-USA with LOU and CIN still in the league.

(One of the most exciting games I ever witnessed was MEM State beating
Maryland in the Sugar Bowl championship of 1957. 47-46 in triple overtime!
Just before the game I leaked to freshman Skip Wolfe he would be starting
for the first time. He wound up being the hero of that championship game.)

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk

[Remove "NOSP" from my e-mail address]

27 Nov 2004 19:21:03
Sam5212342
Re: Terps crush Memphis

>From: "Diamondback"

And you still have no shot in conference or nationally.

Your team just isn't Gay enough.

27 Nov 2004 22:44:48
Diamondback
Re: Terps crush Memphis

You're right. The Terps suck. Sad thing is they probably got a better shot
at both titles than the Blue Devils. And I didn't call JJ gay ... but it's
hard not to think it. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)