27 Jan 2008 20:31:09
Michael Johnson
OK, the easy part is over...

On wed, the Jayhawks better turn it up a notch. K-state has been
playing great and this is the best chance for the kittens to end "the
streak." Michael Beaseley(best player in the country?) has guaranteed a
victory for K-State. I'm not sure its too smart to give bulletin board
fodder to one of the best teams in the country but...

28 Jan 2008 09:52:26
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

"Michael Johnson" <mik_jhawkr@webtv.net > wrote

> On wed, the Jayhawks better turn it up a notch. K-state has been
> playing great and this is the best chance for the kittens to end "the
> streak." Michael Beaseley(biggest idiot in the country?) has guaranteed a
> victory for K-State.

IFYPFY.

> I'm not sure its too smart to give bulletin board
> fodder to one of the best teams in the country but...

They do respect her, but...

--Tedward

28 Jan 2008 09:11:19
Tom Adams
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

On Jan 27, 8:31=A0pm, mik_jha...@webtv.net (Michael Johnson) wrote:
> =A0 =A0On wed, the Jayhawks better turn it up a notch. K-state has been
> playing great and this is the best chance for the kittens to end "the
> streak." Michael Beaseley(best player in the country?) has guaranteed a
> victory for K-State. I'm not sure its too smart to give bulletin board
> fodder to one of the best teams in the country but...

I think KState's had better opportunities to end the streak (the
double-digit loss teams in 1999 and 2000, for example, could lose to
anyone), but I'm sure they're feeling their oats. After all,
Beasley's said they can beat us in "Lawrence, Manhattan, or Africa",
and who are we to disagree? My brain tells me that KU's going to lose
somewhere along the way, and this is about the toughest road game
we'll play, but I think the players are really looking forward to
playing a tough game after nothing but laughers for awhile, and pick
up the win. I'm still suspecting we go down in Austin, though, we
haven't played well there in the last couple of trips.

It'll help if Collins gets closer to 100%, though; he was the
difference in Manhattan last year, and KState's guards are still lousy
this year and can be exploited. Looking forward to seeing how Beasley
plays against a big frontline, though. Nobody's slowed him down much,
so I wouldn't presume that we will either, but we'll see.

Tom

29 Jan 2008 01:28:41
diesel
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

"Tom Adams" <tcadams@socket.net > wrote in message
> On Jan 27, 8:31 pm, mik_jha...@webtv.net (Michael Johnson) wrote:

> Looking forward to seeing how Beasley
> plays against a big frontline, though. Nobody's slowed him down much,
> so I wouldn't presume that we will either, but we'll see.

I don't think Beasley is the problem. He could score 35 and KS could still
lose by 20.
But, I do think KS is due. At the Phog, though, KS will get blown out.

30 Jan 2008 21:55:50
Michael Johnson
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

OK, the easy part is over...

I, (Michael=A0Johnson) wrote:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0On wed, the Jayhawks better turn it up a notch.
K-state has been playing great and this is the best chance for the
kittens to end "the streak." Michael Beasley(best player in the
country?) has guaranteed a victory for K-State. I'm not sure its too
smart to give bulletin board fodder to one of the best teams in the
country but...

-------------------------------

if you can back it up, i guess its ok. Beasley is awesome. he's better
than Durant. Walker is pretty damn good too. I think KSU definitely had
the 2 best players on the floor. is KSU, this years syracuse?

Jhawkr<----how bad have you become when you cant even win 25 straight at
your rivals home coliseum?

31 Jan 2008 19:56:13
Donnie Barnes
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

On Thu, 31 Jan, Michael Johnson wrote:
> if you can back it up, i guess its ok. Beasley is awesome. he's better
> than Durant. Walker is pretty damn good too. I think KSU definitely had
> the 2 best players on the floor. is KSU, this years syracuse?

Didn't KS hire Beasley's Dad to get him? Story I get is he was pretty much
going to UNCC until that happened. He would have obviously made Charlotte
a pretty damned good team for one year...

--Donnie

Jason Arndt
Re: OK, the easy part is over...

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan, Michael Johnson wrote:
>> if you can back it up, i guess its ok. Beasley is awesome. he's better
>> than Durant. Walker is pretty damn good too. I think KSU definitely had
>> the 2 best players on the floor. is KSU, this years syracuse?
>
> Didn't KS hire Beasley's Dad to get him? Story I get is he was pretty much
> going to UNCC until that happened. He would have obviously made Charlotte
> a pretty damned good team for one year...

I believe it Dalonte Hill. Huggins hired him away from UNC-C, presumably
to help with Beasley's recruitment.

Maybe you're mixing him up with Ed Manning. :-p