29 Nov 2003 22:01:57
George W. Harris
Mouse McFadden Says Hey

--
Check out all my basketball analysis at http://communityacupuncture.com/Basketball/

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'.

29 Nov 2003 23:10:26
Gpinlv
Re: Mouse McFadden Says Hey

>Subject: Mouse McFadden Says Hey
>From: George W. Harris >gharrus@mundsprung.com

Why? Did Cleveland St. do something memorable today? Did you run into him at
the grocery store? Where is Alfrederick Hughes?

29 Nov 2003 23:49:03
Donnie Barnes
Re: Mouse McFadden Says Hey

On Sat, 29 Nov, Gpinlv wrote:
> Why? Did Cleveland St. do something memorable today?

They almost beat UNC. They weren't really in it for a good chunk of the first
half then UNC went on a scoring drought for probably five minutes and they
got back in it. They took a lead to halftime and stayed right with UNC for
the entire second half. Jawad hit a three to put UNC up two with about a
minute to go and then Cleveland State imploded shooting a couple *horrible*
threes for no reason (plenty of time left on the shot clock and game clock,
big men in their faces, etc).

Cleveland State made their own breaks, but they got *every* break it seemed
like, too. Not only did they get every long offensive rebound to be had,
but on no less than *five* plays that they *lucked* into the ball they hit
threes. UNC couldn't hit a shot outside to save their lives, especially
McCants. I don't think the shooting percentages will end up that bad
overall, but that was due to a *lot* of inside shots hit by May and
Williams to make it respectable. I figure UNC was less than 25% from outside
six feet.

UNC definitely didn't look good on defense against penetration. I'm not
so worried about the threes that they allowed because most of them were from
24 feet and were contested somewhat and they hit them anyway. It was just
a *bad* shooting night for UNC and they turned the ball over with stupid
plays. Ugh. At least they kept digging and pulled it out. The announcers
made it a point to point out that Cleveland State was picked to finish
ninth in their conference. I'm not going to say they're a great team,
but I'll eat my shorts if they finish below fifth and I'd have to say
they probably have a shot at higher than that. UNC should have won by
20, but not because Cleveland State is *bad*.

--Donnie

Geoffrey F. Green
Re: Mouse McFadden Says Hey

In article <slrnbsibu6.7k4.djbSPAMSUCKS@localhost.localdomain >,
Donnie Barnes <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com > wrote:

> I'll eat my shorts if they finish below fifth

After playing a game of pick up, or after they've been laundered?

- geoff

30 Nov 2003 21:36:50
Donnie Barnes
Re: Mouse McFadden Says Hey

On Sun, 30 Nov, Geoffrey F. Green wrote:
> Donnie Barnes <djbSPAMSUCKS@donniebarnes.com> wrote:
>> I'll eat my shorts if they finish below fifth
>
> After playing a game of pick up, or after they've been laundered?

Yes.

--Donnie