27 Nov 2003 15:00:02
Stanley Plante
Len Bias Remembered

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59396-2003Nov18.html

Stan

27 Nov 2003 23:35:09
Coal Porter
Re: Len Bias Remembered

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:00:02 GMT, "Stanley Plante" <stanplante@adelphia.net >
wrote:

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59396-2003Nov18.html
<
<Stan

Didn't he come out after his junior year?

28 Nov 2003 14:02:43
Diamondback
Re: Len Bias Remembered

No, he was a senior. Lefty believed in letting the upper classmen carry his
teams, so he didn't really start to blossom as a ballplayer until his junior
year.

"Coal Porter" <cporter@themusicals.net > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:00:02 GMT, "Stanley Plante"
<stanplante@adelphia.net >
> wrote:
>
> <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59396-2003Nov18.html
> <
> <Stan
>
> Didn't he come out after his junior year?

28 Nov 2003 16:41:28
Coal Porter
Re: Len Bias Remembered

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:02:43 GMT, "Diamondback" <diamondback@hotmail.com > wrote:

< > Didn't he come out after his junior year?

<No, he was a senior. Lefty believed in letting the upper classmen carry his
<teams, so he didn't really start to blossom as a ballplayer until his junior
<year.

Thanks, I had that wrong. While reading the article I kinda knew that my memory
couldn't be better than the guys in and writing the story. Maybe he couldn't fly
either but I'm pretty sure I remember that.

College hoops was different back then. There was no such thing as Uconn hoops at
the time, so I lived vicariously through GTown, the Johnies, Nova, the cuse even
BC. MD was a lot better than us, but really wasn't anything either IIRC. It was
Duke and NC and NCState. I wasn't sad when MD beat us, Uconn, 2 yrs ago and went
on to win the title. I actually rooted for em. Maybe it was residual bias-awe.

bcnu-c.porter.

28 Nov 2003 22:28:33
TitanTim
Re: Len Bias Remembered

God, he was good... Sad...

29 Nov 2003 22:28:45
Diamondback
Re: Len Bias Remembered

I remember a play he had against North Carolina ... I forget the UNC player
who had the misfortune of ending up on all those Food Lion remembrances ...
Bias inbounded the ball off his back, took the ball and torqued a two-handed
slam. I was just in awe.

"TitanTim" <amurawa@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> God, he was good... Sad...

02 Dec 2003 19:06:27
kstarheel
Re: Len Bias Remembered

"Stanley Plante" <stanplante@adelphia.net > wrote in message news:<Sjoxb.36925$m84.5084531@news1.news.adelphia.net>...
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59396-2003Nov18.html
>
> Stan

I freaking loved Len Bias, even though he abused my Tarheels
consistently. Still remember that day...