27 Feb 2005 11:13:24
SXF
I think Tom Izzo is stupid

64-64, ten seconds left. You have a timeout to draw up a play to win a
game on the road against a desperate opponent, and what does your team
do? They come out, never show any aggressiveness and settle for a
3-point attempt.

In all the years I played and coached basketball, that play never would
have come in a discussion under those circumstances. Never.

27 Feb 2005 19:51:19
Jack
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

On 27 Feb 2005 11:13:24 -0800, "SXF" <sxfleischer@gmail.com > wrote:

>64-64, ten seconds left. You have a timeout to draw up a play to win a
>game on the road against a desperate opponent, and what does your team
>do? They come out, never show any aggressiveness and settle for a
>3-point attempt.
>
>In all the years I played and coached basketball, that play never would
>have come in a discussion under those circumstances. Never.

Maybe they didn't run Izzo's play.

Jack

27 Feb 2005 20:43:05
Daniel Seriff
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

SXF, if this gets out, the next words you say will be muffled by your own
butt:

> 64-64, ten seconds left. You have a timeout to draw up a play to win a
> game on the road against a desperate opponent, and what does your team
> do? They come out, never show any aggressiveness and settle for a
> 3-point attempt.
>
> In all the years I played and coached basketball, that play never would
> have come in a discussion under those circumstances. Never.

I spent about the last 2 minutes of regulation and most of overtime hollering
"STOP SHOOTING THREES!!!" at Michigan State. Not that I care one way or the
other about either team, but stupid basketball is stupid basketball.

Any time you let a bad team get into your head, you deserve to lose.

--
Daniel Seriff

You have all been handling my ass-pennies!

27 Feb 2005 21:13:51
The Richard Dawson of Rogers P
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:51:19 GMT, in rec.sport.basketball.college
bogro11@cox.net (Jack) wrote:

>On 27 Feb 2005 11:13:24 -0800, "SXF" <sxfleischer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>64-64, ten seconds left. You have a timeout to draw up a play to win a
>>game on the road against a desperate opponent, and what does your team
>>do? They come out, never show any aggressiveness and settle for a
>>3-point attempt.
>>
>>In all the years I played and coached basketball, that play never would
>>have come in a discussion under those circumstances. Never.
>
>Maybe they didn't run Izzo's play.
>
>Jack

That's what Izzo said in the post-game presser--the play was supposed
to go to AA inside.

27 Feb 2005 21:51:54
SXF
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

> That's what Izzo said in the post-game presser--the play was supposed
> to go to AA inside.

Which goes to show Michigan State has stupid athletes.

27 Feb 2005 21:53:07
SXF
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

> Any time you let a bad team get into your head, you deserve to lose.

Yep. In OT, down by one, Chris Hill (a FUCKING senior, no less) takes
23-ft three attempt with 25 seconds left on the shot clock when he's
being blanketed.

Game was over right there, if not at the end of regulation when MSU
mailed in their final play.

I hate this team; they're #9 and they suck.

28 Feb 2005 13:22:48
The Richard Dawson of Rogers P
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

On 27 Feb 2005 21:53:07 -0800, in rec.sport.basketball.college "SXF"
<sxfleischer@gmail.com > wrote:

>> Any time you let a bad team get into your head, you deserve to lose.
>
>Yep. In OT, down by one, Chris Hill (a FUCKING senior, no less) takes
>23-ft three attempt with 25 seconds left on the shot clock when he's
>being blanketed.
>
>Game was over right there, if not at the end of regulation when MSU
>mailed in their final play.
>
>I hate this team; they're #9 and they suck.

You sound a lot like the incessant whiners at mlive.com.

28 Feb 2005 08:43:04
SXF
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

> You sound a lot like the incessant whiners at mlive.com.

Like I care.

I have little tolerance for underachievers and incompetence in any area
of life.

01 Mar 2005 01:21:31
The Richard Dawson of Rogers P
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

On 28 Feb 2005 08:43:04 -0800, in rec.sport.basketball.college "SXF"
<sxfleischer@gmail.com > wrote:

>> You sound a lot like the incessant whiners at mlive.com.
>
>Like I care.

Well, if you don't care, then why do you watch???

>I have little tolerance for underachievers and incompetence in any area
>of life.

Then WHY are you a Michigan State fan???????????????????????????? You
must have more than a little tolerance for underachievement and
incompetence if you haven't entirely ditched your affiliation with
MSU.

If you have such little tolerance for underachievement and
incompetence, then why don't you do like Patrick Tong and just pick
out the number 1 team to root for in any given year and root for them?

28 Feb 2005 19:33:26
SXF
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

> Well, if you don't care, then why do you watch???

I said I didn't care about mlive whiners.

> Then WHY are you a Michigan State fan?

Because I actually went to graduate school there.

02 Mar 2005 01:58:33
Archibald Q. Leachington
Re: I think Tom Izzo is stupid

On 28 Feb 2005 19:33:26 -0800, in rec.sport.basketball.college "SXF"
<sxfleischer@gmail.com > wrote:

>> Well, if you don't care, then why do you watch???
>
>I said I didn't care about mlive whiners.
>
>> Then WHY are you a Michigan State fan?
>
>Because I actually went to graduate school there.

But you also said that "I have little tolerance for underachievers and
incompetence in any area of life," and so you choose to be a fan of a
university whose athletic programs, while not without moments of
considerable success, have also put out their fair share of "lemons".

But I guess it's this way at most schools.

So why are you even a fan of college athletics, then? Why put
yourself in a position where you're obviously going to be pissed about
underachieveing and incompetence?