27 Feb 2005 22:56:24
Michael Johnson
Eddie Sutton... idiot?

I don't care how much Mr. Iba hated the zone, you lost today because
you wouldn't play it.
The zone will eventually cost the jayhawks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Jhawkr<--- not finished yet













27 Feb 2005 21:53:06
Re: Eddie Sutton... idiot?


Michael Johnson wrote:
> I don't care how much Mr. Iba hated the zone, you lost today because
> you wouldn't play it.
> The zone will eventually cost the jayhawks in the 2nd or 3rd
round.
>
> Jhawkr<--- not finished yet

Fantastic attitude following us winning a spectacularly good game where
both teams played great. We've had games this year where we looked
fine against zone, so there's no reason to throw in the towel, for
chrissakes.

And if OSU plays like that, they shouldn't have worries; it took
probably our best game of the season at home to beat them by 2.
Curry's going to be scary for as long as he's in Stillwater, and even
though I can't stand Lucas, the dude can play.

Tom



28 Feb 2005 13:24:38
The Richard Dawson of Rogers P
Re: Eddie Sutton... idiot?

On 27 Feb 2005 21:53:06 -0800, in rec.sport.basketball.college
Adams_13697@msn.com wrote:

>
>Fantastic attitude following us winning a spectacularly good game where
>both teams played great. We've had games this year where we looked
>fine against zone, so there's no reason to throw in the towel, for
>chrissakes.

He's just practicing to become a Michigan State fan.



28 Feb 2005 15:18:51
mimus
Re: Eddie Sutton... idiot?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:56:24 -0600, mik_jhawkr@webtv.net (Michael
Johnson) wrote:

> I don't care how much Mr. Iba hated the zone, you lost today because
>you wouldn't play it.

That was the main rap on Pitino at UK. Fucking idiot.

Sometimes you've got to circle the wagons; other times it's just a
good strategy.

--
The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)



28 Feb 2005 17:13:06
Troy Merklin
Re: Eddie Sutton... idiot?


Michael Johnson wrote:
> I don't care how much Mr. Iba hated the zone, you lost today because
> you wouldn't play it.
> The zone will eventually cost the jayhawks in the 2nd or 3rd
round.
>
Eddie put them in a zone one possession, KU scored, and he went back to
man-to-man. I would have liked to have seen a little zone, but I
suspect it would have allowed Langford to create and free Miles from
long range. It seemed that Sutton chose to pick his poison, but
McFarlin didn't get help from the double teams quick enough to slow
Simien.

As one writer put it, asking Sutton to play zone is like asking Barry
Switzer's wishbone to throw more.


Troy



28 Feb 2005 21:59:39
Drew
Re: Eddie Sutton... idiot?

"The Richard Dawson of Rogers Park" <archie.leach@spam.munge > wrote in message
news:ls66211davh0546avc7agrg8qfegn4fker@4ax.com...
> On 27 Feb 2005 21:53:06 -0800, in rec.sport.basketball.college
> Adams_13697@msn.com wrote:
>
> >
> >Fantastic attitude following us winning a spectacularly good game where
> >both teams played great. We've had games this year where we looked
> >fine against zone, so there's no reason to throw in the towel, for
> >chrissakes.
>
> He's just practicing to become a Michigan State fan.

lmao!

I've heard more bad-mouthing of Izzo from Spartan fans in
the past four years than from fans of any other team. That's
just ridiculous.

Drew