25 Nov 2006 16:41:30
kstarheel
Do reporters actually get paid?

Here's the AP report of the Wichita State game:

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- Karon Bradley scored six points in the final 2
minutes to give 24th-ranked Wichita State a 57-53 victory against
sixth-ranked LSU on Saturday.

Bradley, a senior who sat out last season after transferring from
Marquette, gave the Shockers (4-0) their first lead of the game at
52-50 with 1:47 remaining in the game.

Sorry AP but Bradley played last year after having sat out the previous
year....
Would it kill people to research this stuff first?

26 Nov 2006 01:27:30
Donnie Barnes
Re: Do reporters actually get paid?

On Sun, 26 Nov, kstarheel wrote:
> Sorry AP but Bradley played last year after having sat out the previous
> year....
> Would it kill people to research this stuff first?

That's cute and all, but the real news of the day was the Tar Heels beating
Duke in football! I didn't think there was any way we could win over there
(especially after beating NCSU last week), but as usual Duke finds new and
exciting ways to lose. This time they came back from 14 points down to get
within an extra point of tying the game in the last minute only to have the
extra point blocked.

Now we just need ECU to beat NCSU (tied 7-7 right now) and the circle will
be complete.

--Donnie

kstarheel

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov, kstarheel wrote:
> > Sorry AP but Bradley played last year after having sat out the previous
> > year....
> > Would it kill people to research this stuff first?
>
> That's cute and all, but the real news of the day was the Tar Heels beating
> Duke in football! I didn't think there was any way we could win over there
> (especially after beating NCSU last week), but as usual Duke finds new and
> exciting ways to lose. This time they came back from 14 points down to get
> within an extra point of tying the game in the last minute only to have the
> extra point blocked.
>
> Now we just need ECU to beat NCSU (tied 7-7 right now) and the circle will
> be complete.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.

Circle completed....
and it wasn't meant to be cute. :-) I get annoyed that most mid-major
schools still don't warrant enough attention from the media that they
will actually research facts before writing a story on them. Bet they
never say Hansbrough is a Junior. :-)
And dook football should really just call it a day... if you couldn't
beat UNC this year, wow, you have problems. However the Heels did
improve greatly towards the end. Close loses to GT and Wake; with a
'usual' win over NCSU.... hope Davis rights the ship.