29 Nov 2004 08:07:58
Howard Salwasser-For Google Pu
Division I Realignment (Major update)

Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
Division I.

I-A

Atlantic Coast
Atlantic: Duke, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami(FL), North Carolina,
Virginia

Coastal: Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech,
Wake Forest, *West Virginia

Big East
Eastern: *Army, *Boston College, Connecticut, *Navy, Rutgers, *Temple

Western: Cincinnati, Louisville, *Marshall, Pittsburgh, South Florida,
Syracuse

Big Ten
East: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State,
Purdue

West: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, *Missouri, Northwestern, Wisconsin

Big 12
North: *Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska

South: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, *Texas Christian,
Texas Tech

Conference-USA (This was the Southwest until I decided to revert to
C-USA)
Gulf: UAB, Central Florida, East Carolina, Southern Mississippi,
Tulane, Tulsa

Texas: *Baylor, Houston, *North Texas, Rice, Southern Methodist,
Texas-El Paso

Mid-American
East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio

West: Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern
Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Pacific-12
North: *Brigham Young, Oregon, Oregon State, *Utah, Washington,
Washington State

South: Arizona, Arizona State, California, UCLA, Southern California,
Stanford

Southeastern
East: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee,
Vanderbilt

West: Alabama, Auburn, Louisiana State, *Memphis, Mississippi,
Mississippi State

Western Athletic(Formerly Mountain West)
Mountain: Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico, *New Mexico State,
*Utah State, Wyomng

Pacific: *Boise State, *Fresno State, *Hawaii, *Nevada, UNLV, San
Diego State

Independent (Football Only): Notre Dame

I-AA

Atlantic 10: *Albany, *Central Connecticut, Fordham, *Georgetown
(Football Only), LaSalle, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode
Island, Richmond, *Stony Brook, Villanova (Football Only)

Big Sky: Eastern Washington, *Idaho (I-A downgrade), Idaho State,
Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona, Portland State, Sacramento
State, *Southern Utah, Weber State

Canada East(New) (All teams from CIS)
Ontario: McMaster, Ottawa, Toronto, Western Ontario, Wilfrid Laurier,
York

Quebec: Bishop's, Concordia(QC), Laval, McGill, Montreal, Sherbrooke

Canada West(New) (see Canada East)
East: Brandon, Manitoba, Regina, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg

West: Alberta, Calgary, Lethbridge, Trinity Western, Victoria

Colonial
North: *Bucknell, *Colgate, *Holy Cross, *Lafayette, *Lehigh,
Northeastern

South: Delaware, Hofstra, James Madison, *Johns Hopkins (D-III),
Towson, William & Mary

Gateway (New): Duquesne, Eastern Illinois, Grand Valley State (D-II),
Illinois State, Indiana State, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois,
Southwest Missouri State, Westen Illinois, Youngstown State

Great West (New): British Columbia (NAIA/CIS), UC Davis, Cal Poly,
Central Washington (D-II), Humboldt State (D-II), Northern Colorado,
San Diego, San Jose State (I-A downgrade), Simon Fraser(NAIA/CIS),
Western Oregon(D-II), Western State(D-II), Western Washington(D-II)

Ivy: Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Pennsylvana,
Princeton, Yale

Maritimes (New)(see Canada East): Acadia, Cape Breton, Dalhousie,
Memorial, Moncton, Mount Allison, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
St. Francis Xavier, St. Mary's (NS), St. Thomas (NB)

Mid-Eastern: Delaware State, Hampton, Howard, Morgan State, Norfolk
State, North Carolina A&T, *North Carolina Central (D-II), South
Carolina State, *Virginia Union (D-II), *Winston-Salem State (D-II)

Midlands (New) (All from D-II): Central Arkansas, Emporia State, Fort
Hays State, Henderson State, Missouri Southern, Northeastern
State(OK), Northwest Missouri State, Pittsburg State(KS), Truman
State, Washburn

North Central (New) (All from D-II and D-III): Minnesota-Duluth,
Minnesota State-Mankato, Nebraska-Kearney, Nebraska-Omaha, North
Dakota, North Dakota State, St. Thomas(MN), South Dakota State,
UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point

Northeast (Foorball Only): Iona, Marist, MIT(see Yankee), Monmouth,
Sacred Heart, St. Peter's, Wagner

Ohio Valley: *Central State(OH) (D-II), Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville
State, Murray State, *North Alabama (D-II), Sanford, Southeast
Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee Tech

Pioneer (Football Only): Butler, Dayton, Drake, Lindenwood (see
Horizon), Robert Morris, St. Francis(PA), Valparaiso

South Atlantic (New): Austin Peay, Carson-Newman (D-II), Charleston
Southern, Davidson, Gardner-Webb, Jacksonville, Kennesaw State
(D-II), Morehead State, Presbyterian (D-II), VMI

Southern: Appalachian State, Chattanooga, The Citadel, *Coastal
Carolina, Elon, Furman, Georgia Southern, *Liberty, Western Carolina,
Wofford

Southern Intercollegiate (New): Alabama A&M, Alabama State,
Bethune-Cookman, Florida A&M, Kentucky State (D-II), Savannah State,
Tennessee State, Tuskegee (D-II)

Southland: *Louisiana-Monroe (I-A), McNeese State, Nicholls State,
Northwestern State, Sam Houston State, Southeastern Louisiana, Stephen
F. Austin, Texas State

SWAC: Alcorn State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Grambling State, Jackson
State, Mississippi Valley State, Prairie View A&M, Southern
University, Texas Southern

Sun Belt (I-A): Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Florida
International, Louisiana-Lafayette, *Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee,
Troy, Western Kentucky

I-AAA

American Catholic (New)
Atlantic: Georgetown, Providence, St. John's, St. Joseph's, Seton
Hall, Villanova

Midwest: Dayton, DePaul, Detroit, Marquette, Notre Dame, Xavier

American South (New): Arkansas-Little Rock, Lamar, New Orleans, South
Alabama, Texas-Arlington, Texas-Pan American, Texas-San Antonio, Texas
A&M-Corpus Christi

Atlantic Sun (New)
North: Campbell, Coker (D-II), High Point, Longwood, UNC Asheville,
Radford

South: Alabama-Huntsville (D-II), Augusta State (D-II), Lynn (D-II),
Mercer, North Florida (D-II), Stetson

Big West (New)
Mountain: Denver, Lewis-Clark State (NAIA), Metro State (D-II), Utah
Valley State

NorCal: UC Riverside, Cal State-Bakersfield (D-II), Saint Mary's (CA),
Santa Clara

SoCal: UC San Diego (D-II), Cal State-Fullerton, Long Beach State,
Loyola Marymount

Central Atlantic (New)
North: Drexel, George Mason, George Washington, UNC Wilmington, Old
Dominion, Virginia Commonwealth

South: Charlotte, College of Charleston, East Tennessee State, Georgia
State, UNC Greensboro, Winthrop

Horizon (New): Chicago State, Cleveland State, IPFW, IUPUI, Lindenwood
(NAIA), Loyola of Chicago, Northern Kentucky (D-II), Oakland, Southern
Indiana (D-II), Wright State

Metropolitan (New): Fairleigh Dickinson, Iona, Long Island, Manhattan,
Marist, Monmouth, NJIT (D-II), St. Francis (NY), St. Peter's, Wagner

Missouri Valley
East: *Butler, Evansville, *Illinois-Chicago, *Valparaiso, *UW-Green
Bay, *UW-Milwaukee

West: Bradley, Creighton, Drake, *UMKC, *Saint Louis, Wichita State

Pacific Coast (New): UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, Cal
State-Northridge, Gonzaga, Pacific, Pepperdine, Portland, San
Francisco

Patriot (New): American, Coppin State, Loyola (MD), Maryland-Baltimore
County, Maryland-Eastern Shore, Mount St. Mary's, Philadelphia, Rider,
Robert Morris, St. Francis (PA)

Trans-America (New): Belmont, Birmingham-Southern, Centenary,
Christian Brothers (D-II), Dallas Baptist (D-II), Incarnate Word
(D-II), Lipscomb, Oklahoma City (NAIA), Oral Roberts, St. Mary's (TX)

Yankee (Formerly America East)
East: Boston University, *Fairfield, Hartford, *MIT (D-III),
*Quinnipiac, *Sacred Heart

West: Binghamton, *Canisius, *Niagara, *St. Bonaventure, *Siena,
Vermont


29 Nov 2004 11:46:20
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

"Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only" <pikachu732001@yahoo.com > wrote:

> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
> Division I.

Get help. Trust me on this one. Go make an appointment for
a psychiatric referral. Either that or drink more gin. You will
someday thank me for this advice.

--Tedward




29 Nov 2004 17:26:52
Ar Q
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)


"Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only" <pikachu732001@yahoo.com > wrote
in message news:d4c791af.0411290807.1f308d6d@posting.google.com...
> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
> Division I.
>
> I-A
>
> Atlantic Coast
> Atlantic: Duke, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami(FL), North Carolina,
> Virginia
>
> Coastal: Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech,
> Wake Forest, *West Virginia
>
> Big East
> Eastern: *Army, *Boston College, Connecticut, *Navy, Rutgers, *Temple
>
> Western: Cincinnati, Louisville, *Marshall, Pittsburgh, South Florida,
> Syracuse
>

It is not right. You should swap BC and South Florida, not BC and West
Virginia.




29 Nov 2004 14:12:30
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com > wrote

> It is not right. You should swap BC and South Florida, not BC and West
> Virginia.

Not having Wake and NCSU in the same ACC division as Duke
and UNC is a violation of North Carolina State Code. In addition,
splitting up the NCSU-UNC rivalry will never, ever fly.

The current division is about the only thing they got right about this
stupid, stupid merger-aquisition-reallignment-thievery thang.

--Tedward





29 Nov 2004 18:34:52
Charles Beauchamp
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only wrote:
> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
> Division I.
>
, Western Michigan
>
> Pacific-12
> North: *Brigham Young, Oregon, Oregon State, *Utah, Washington,
> Washington State
>

F*** you I don't want to be in the same division with those damn Mormons.
Bad enough they are always lurking around the complex I live on asking if
they can do some chores.


--
v/r Beau

France, just another reason to hate the BCS




29 Nov 2004 18:01:40
Robert Broughton
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only wrote:

> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
> Division I.
>
>
> Great West (New): British Columbia (NAIA/CIS), UC Davis, Cal Poly,
> Central Washington (D-II), Humboldt State (D-II), Northern Colorado,
> San Diego, San Jose State (I-A downgrade), Simon Fraser(NAIA/CIS),
> Western Oregon(D-II), Western State(D-II), Western Washington(D-II)
>

You might be on to something here (and no, I'm not going to start drinking
gin. :-) ) Western Washington and Central Washington definitely aren't
happy where they are now, and neither is Southern Oregon (an NAIA school
that has run out of opponents, same as what happened to Simon Fraser a few
years ago). Still, it would make more sense to have Gonzaga, U. of
Portland, and Portland State in this group, instead of the California
schools (except for Humboldt State).

--
Bob Broughton
http://broughton.ca/
Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Not all carcinogens are known to cause cancer in humans."
- Todd Benson, mailto:tbenson37@cox.net , Oct. 24, 2004


30 Nov 2004 00:09:49
Varl
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:01:40 -0800, Robert Broughton
<rbronews@brou8ghton.ca > wrote:

> Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
>> Division I.
>>
>>
>> Great West (New): British Columbia (NAIA/CIS), UC Davis, Cal Poly,
>> Central Washington (D-II), Humboldt State (D-II), Northern Colorado,
>> San Diego, San Jose State (I-A downgrade), Simon Fraser(NAIA/CIS),
>> Western Oregon(D-II), Western State(D-II), Western Washington(D-II)
>>
>
> You might be on to something here (and no, I'm not going to start
> drinking
> gin. :-) ) Western Washington and Central Washington definitely aren't
> happy where they are now, and neither is Southern Oregon (an NAIA school
> that has run out of opponents, same as what happened to Simon Fraser a
> few
> years ago). Still, it would make more sense to have Gonzaga, U. of
> Portland, and Portland State in this group, instead of the California
> schools (except for Humboldt State).

LOL! You really want to see GU basketball flourish, don't you? We'd never
lose a game against those kiddies. Talk about downgrade. They'd also get
killed against the big boys once they did take one on. That's the problem
with playing in a weaker conference: you start to think everyone you play
is on par, and that you should be able to compete with the big schools,
and then you meet Illinois.

I've seen this list before elsewhere, and the only thing I liked about it
then is the same thing I like about it now: Idaho back to the Big Sky. If
they think they had it rough in the Sun Belt the past several years, wait
till they get WAC'd.

--
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at
one end and no responsibility at the other. -Ronald Reagan


30 Nov 2004 09:15:00
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

"Robert Broughton" <rbronews@brou8ghton.ca > wrote:

> > Great West (New): British Columbia (NAIA/CIS), UC Davis, Cal Poly,
> > Central Washington (D-II), Humboldt State (D-II), Northern Colorado,
> > San Diego, San Jose State (I-A downgrade), Simon Fraser(NAIA/CIS),
> > Western Oregon(D-II), Western State(D-II), Western Washington(D-II)
>
> You might be on to something here (and no, I'm not going to start drinking
> gin. :-) ) Western Washington and Central Washington definitely aren't
> happy where they are now, and neither is Southern Oregon (an NAIA school
> that has run out of opponents, same as what happened to Simon Fraser a few
> years ago). Still, it would make more sense to have Gonzaga, U. of
> Portland, and Portland State in this group, instead of the California
> schools (except for Humboldt State).

I seriously think you shoud reconsider the gin thing.

--Tedward




30 Nov 2004 08:48:14
bri719
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

Charles Beauchamp wrote:

>F*** you I don't want to be in the same division with those damn Mormons.
>Bad enough they are always lurking around the complex I live on asking if
>they can do some chores.
>
>
>
hell, they can clean up my weeds for all I care.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email




30 Nov 2004 09:25:43
Robert Broughton
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

Varl wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:01:40 -0800, Robert Broughton
> <rbronews@brou8ghton.ca> wrote:
>
>> Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
>>> Division I.
>>>
>>>
>>> Great West (New): British Columbia (NAIA/CIS), UC Davis, Cal Poly,
>>> Central Washington (D-II), Humboldt State (D-II), Northern Colorado,
>>> San Diego, San Jose State (I-A downgrade), Simon Fraser(NAIA/CIS),
>>> Western Oregon(D-II), Western State(D-II), Western Washington(D-II)
>>>
>>
>> You might be on to something here (and no, I'm not going to start
>> drinking
>> gin. :-) ) Western Washington and Central Washington definitely aren't
>> happy where they are now, and neither is Southern Oregon (an NAIA school
>> that has run out of opponents, same as what happened to Simon Fraser a
>> few
>> years ago). Still, it would make more sense to have Gonzaga, U. of
>> Portland, and Portland State in this group, instead of the California
>> schools (except for Humboldt State).
>
> LOL! You really want to see GU basketball flourish, don't you? We'd never
> lose a game against those kiddies.

Uh, there are NCAA sports other than basketball. Try asking the people who
pay the bills at Gonzaga how they feel about travelling to Loyola
Marymount, Pepperdine, etc. to play golf, baseball, volleyball, men's and
women's soccer, etc.

As for basketball, UBC won exhibition games against Kansas State and Georgia
this year. Maybe the Bulldogs should make a trip to Vancouver next
September or October.

--
Bob Broughton
http://broughton.ca/
Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Not all carcinogens are known to cause cancer in humans."
- Todd Benson, mailto:tbenson37@cox.net , Oct. 24, 2004


01 Dec 2004 05:03:00
Tony Lima
Re: Division I Realignment (Major update)

On 29 Nov 2004 08:07:58 -0800, pikachu732001@yahoo.com
(Howard Salwasser-For Google Purposes Only) wrote:

>Yeah, I couldn't help it. Another attempt at a full-scale redesign of
>Division I.
>
>I-A

"There's a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness." -
Dave Barry