18 May 2007 19:06:38
Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

Cold One re freezable cold compression wraps are the Gold Standard for
stopping sports injury pain and swelling from soft tissues injuries. Ice
and Compression is the primary first aid following an injury. The sooner
the inflammation is reduced, the quicker the body will start to heal the
injury. A delay of hours can add days of additional healing.

The wraps are also very effective for chronic conditions such as tennis
elbow, torn rotator cuff, Golf Elbow & Back, "bad knees," etc. The wrap can
be worn after each exercise period to stop swelling.

No messy ice. Cold and Compression in a single product.

100% guaranteed.

Free ground freight in the continental USA.

Doctor and Trainer recommended.

http://www.coldoneinc.com

18 May 2007 15:43:46
the Moderator
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

<customercare@coldoneinc.com > wrote in message
> Cold One re freezable cold compression wraps are the Gold Standard for
> stopping sports injury pain and swelling from soft tissues injuries. Ice
> and Compression is the primary first aid following an injury. The sooner
> the inflammation is reduced, the quicker the body will start to heal the
> injury. A delay of hours can add days of additional healing.

Wal-Mart sells chemical cold packs for $1.97 you stupid spammer.

18 May 2007 22:26:28
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

A bag of frozen peas is better than a frozen chemical bag, but neither one
is nearly as good as a Cold One Wrap.

21 May 2007 09:08:40

>A bag of frozen peas is better than a frozen chemical bag, but neither one
> is nearly as good as a Cold One Wrap.

If you have a freezer with you.

21 May 2007 14:38:45
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

"the Moderator" <sparky@no_spam_engineer.com > wrote

> >A bag of frozen peas is better than a frozen chemical bag, but neither one
> > is nearly as good as a Cold One Wrap.
>
> If you have a freezer with you.

In the Great Sports Desert you had better have a freezer
with you, unless you're some prevert who likes their gin
and tonics *warm*. And for those of you heathens living
on beer and wine, I shudder to think of drinking *those*
warm.

Civilization: Get some!

--Tedward

21 May 2007 16:15:06
mimus

On Mon, 21 May 2007 14:38:45 -0400, Edward M. Kennedy wrote:

> "the Moderator" <sparky@no_spam_engineer.com> wrote
>
>> >A bag of frozen peas is better than a frozen chemical bag, but neither one
>> > is nearly as good as a Cold One Wrap.
>>
>> If you have a freezer with you.
>
> In the Great Sports Desert you had better have a freezer
> with you, unless you're some prevert who likes their gin
> and tonics *warm*. And for those of you heathens living
> on beer and wine, I shudder to think of drinking *those*
> warm.
>
> Civilization: Get some!

I was out star-gazing one night when it was about ten degrees out, with
the assistance of a pint of 100-proof vodka, and just capped and tossed
the unfinished pint in the back seat floor of my car at the end of the
session, and was at work the next day, which was sunny with the
temperature climbing up to about sixty, and the temperature in the car got
higher than that, and the vodka bottle emptied itself without removing the
cap.

The car reeked of vodka for a week.

--

The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

_Raw Recruits_ and _Undue Process_ for all,
Welcome to college basketball!

21 May 2007 17:53:55
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote

> >> If you have a freezer with you.
> >
> > In the Great Sports Desert you had better have a freezer
> > with you, unless you're some prevert who likes their gin
> > and tonics *warm*. And for those of you heathens living
> > on beer and wine, I shudder to think of drinking *those*
> > warm.
> >
> > Civilization: Get some!
>
> I was out star-gazing one night when it was about ten degrees out, with
> the assistance of a pint of 100-proof vodka, and just capped and tossed
> the unfinished pint in the back seat floor of my car at the end of the
> session, and was at work the next day, which was sunny with the
> temperature climbing up to about sixty,

Typical desert spring conditions.

> and the temperature in the car got
> higher than that, and the vodka bottle emptied itself without removing the
> cap.
>
> The car reeked of vodka for a week.

Worst PV=nRT lesson ever! (Both T *and* n went up, a
double whammy.) And whatever made you drink the Vodka
straight? Hypothermia?

--Tedward

Ignore the vapor pressure of ETOH at your own peril

21 May 2007 18:09:01
mimus

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:53:55 -0400, Edward M. Kennedy wrote:

> "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote

>> > In the Great Sports Desert you had better have a freezer
>> > with you, unless you're some prevert who likes their gin
>> > and tonics *warm*. And for those of you heathens living
>> > on beer and wine, I shudder to think of drinking *those*
>> > warm.
>> >
>> > Civilization: Get some!
>>
>> I was out star-gazing one night when it was about ten degrees out, with
>> the assistance of a pint of 100-proof vodka, and just capped and tossed
>> the unfinished pint in the back seat floor of my car at the end of the
>> session, and was at work the next day, which was sunny with the
>> temperature climbing up to about sixty,
>
> Typical desert spring conditions.
>
>> and the temperature in the car got
>> higher than that, and the vodka bottle emptied itself without removing the
>> cap.
>>
>> The car reeked of vodka for a week.
>
> Worst PV=nRT lesson ever! (Both T *and* n went up, a
> double whammy.)

Actually it was a P1 = (T1/T2)*P2 case . . . .

No Vs or _n_s needed.

> And whatever made you drink the Vodka
> straight? Hypothermia?

Keep a car runnin' for quick reheating of the hypothermia cases, and a
little booze around to help bring on the hypothermia, that's the ticket.

> Ignore the vapor pressure of ETOH at your own peril

Hey, you can run cars with it.

--

The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

_Raw Recruits_ and _Undue Process_ for all,
Welcome to college basketball!

21 May 2007 18:59:53
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote

> >> I was out star-gazing one night when it was about ten degrees out, with
> >> the assistance of a pint of 100-proof vodka, and just capped and tossed
> >> the unfinished pint in the back seat floor of my car at the end of the
> >> session, and was at work the next day, which was sunny with the
> >> temperature climbing up to about sixty,
> >
> > Typical desert spring conditions.
> >
> >> and the temperature in the car got
> >> higher than that, and the vodka bottle emptied itself without removing the
> >> cap.
> >>
> >> The car reeked of vodka for a week.
> >
> > Worst PV=nRT lesson ever! (Both T *and* n went up, a
> > double whammy.)
>
> Actually it was a P1 = (T1/T2)*P2 case . . . .

Sorta: You just had a fairly fixed volume; you should
probably write that as P2 = (T2/T1)*P1; and...

> No Vs or _n_s needed.

Boyle's law applies to gases -- n went up when some of
the *liquid* ETOH and H20 evaporated. Next time, finish
the damn flask. If there had only been a few drops in
there, it wouldn't have exploded.

Last but not least, technically the volume Boyle's law
applies too did go up a tad, just not nearly enough.
The rule of thumb for liquid to gas volume expansion
is an increase by a factor of 10^3 at the same pressure,
so for every cubic mm of volume increase you got from
evaporating liquid ETOH and H20, the resulting gases
"wanted" to expand to a cc. *That* is the flip side
to the double whammy of increasing n.

Figuring out the details eggzactly would be a valid
mass transport final exam question, which means that
15 years ago I could have answered it, but not 14
years ago. (Assuming exact temperature readings,
etc.)

--Tedward

ISAGN for experimentation in the name of drunken science

21 May 2007 19:15:31
mimus

On Mon, 21 May 2007 18:59:53 -0400, Edward M. Kennedy wrote:

> "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote

>> > Typical desert spring conditions.

>> > Worst PV=nRT lesson ever! (Both T *and* n went up, a
>> > double whammy.)
>>
>> Actually it was a P1 = (T1/T2)*P2 case . . . .
>
> Sorta: You just had a fairly fixed volume; you should
> probably write that as P2 = (T2/T1)*P1; and...

A distinction without a difference, my legislative.

>> No Vs or _n_s needed.
>
> Boyle's law applies to gases -- n went up when some of
> the *liquid* ETOH and H20 evaporated. Next time, finish
> the damn flask. If there had only been a few drops in
> there, it wouldn't have exploded.

There's a nice safety rule.

> Last but not least, technically the volume Boyle's law
> applies too did go up a tad, just not nearly enough.
> The rule of thumb for liquid to gas volume expansion
> is an increase by a factor of 10^3 at the same pressure,
> so for every cubic mm of volume increase you got from
> evaporating liquid ETOH and H20, the resulting gases
> "wanted" to expand to a cc. *That* is the flip side
> to the double whammy of increasing n.
>
> Figuring out the details eggzactly would be a valid
> mass transport final exam question, which means that
> 15 years ago I could have answered it, but not 14
> years ago. (Assuming exact temperature readings,
> etc.)

You've made MEGO quite nicely.

> ISAGN for experimentation in the name of drunken science

Just uncork a bottle in the freezer 'til it's nice and frosty, then cap it
and put it on the table . . . .

--

The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

_Raw Recruits_ and _Undue Process_ for all,
Welcome to college basketball!

22 May 2007 13:49:37
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote

> >> Actually it was a P1 = (T1/T2)*P2 case . . . .
> >
> > Sorta: You just had a fairly fixed volume; you should
> > probably write that as P2 = (T2/T1)*P1; and...
>
> A distinction without a difference, my legislative.

Calculating P1 won't get you full credit on an engineering
or physics exam. Let me guess -- P1 was approximately one
atmosphere?

Which, BTW, means P2 is far less than two atmospheres, and
thus isn't anywhere close to being the sole reason your
bottle exploded. Your equation only works for ideal gases,
not liquid-gas *mixtures*.

--Tedward

23 May 2007 21:38:38
Health Solutions
Re: Cold Therapy for sprains, strains, and overused muscles.

Hello Everyone,
I ran into your message quite accidentally while researching about
some details on 'Sprains and Strains' and thought of sharing some of
my findings.
I've read at 'http://www.medical-health-care-information.com/articles/
sprains-strains.html'
that Initial treatment for sprains and strains should occur as soon
as possible. Remember RICE!

* Rest the injured part. Pain is the body's signal to not move an
injury.

* Ice the injury. This will limit the swelling and help with the
spasm.

* Compress the injured area. This again, limits the swelling. Be
careful not to apply a wrap so tightly that it might act as a
tourniquet and cut off the blood supply.

* Elevate the injured part. This lets gravity help reduce the
swelling by allowing fluid and blood to drain downhill to the heart.

Over-the-counter pain medication is an option. Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
is helpful for pain, but ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin) might be
better because these medications relieve both pain and inflammation.
Remember to follow the guidelines on the bottle for appropriate
amounts of medicine, especially for children and teens .

I hope the above is of some help to you as well.

Regards,
Monica